Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Seb Derm and Lemon Juice

Default Seb Derm and Lemon Juice

I'm taking a tablespoon of lemon juice mixed with a glass of water every mourning. I have been doing this for about 3 weeks now and my Seb Derm is gone almost. No flare ups or nothing and my skin feels really good now. I tried it cause I heard it cleansed the liver and helped skin problems and such. I'm shocked it really is working, its amazing.

I was told the lemon juice should be 100% pure, not the store bought stuff. I picked some up at a health food store.

Try it and let me know if it works?

Good news.

Where is your SD located? Mine is on my scalp.. sucks..

CanadaDude, - Yes I've read some positive stories about takng lemon juice every day, - Does the lemon juice you bought come in a bottle? - How much was it?

I've already posted about this in another thread, but I have started drinking the juice, freshly squeezed from 1/2 a lemon, 1/4 teaspoon of sea/ocean salt and topped with hot water, several times a day. I also drinks loads of plain water. I believe the salt helps to absorb the water into the body...so that we are not running to the loo all the time! LOL It's about hydrating the body (a bit of Drummond's theory).

My skin has shown HUGE improvement and I would recommend this. If you are sceptical about adding the salt, then just do the lemon juice and water thing. However, nothing ventured, nothing gained! This is not the only thing I am doing right now but I do believe this part of it has helped a great deal.

I wouldn't recommend lemon juice from a bottle. Go fresh and at least you know that there are no additives, preservatives or sugar added! Invest in a simple plastic juicer, it's easy. I must plant a lemon tree or two out back for the amount of lemons I buy! LOL

Jen
    Currently trying: Apr 06 Bee Wilder's Candida (natural healing) Diet; May 06 Home made red LED array; Aug 06 ZZ ointment.

Yeah, this lemon juiced is 100%, the real deal fresh in a bottle from a good health food store. It's in a 500ml bottle, only $4.99 it was the cost. I'm sure fresh lemons would do the same, or even a better job perhaps. I heard limes are great for this too, I have not tried any though. But ya my skin is so much better right now.

Oh, my SD is located on my face only.

I think the lemon juice idea has some similarities to the Organic Apple Cider Vinegar cure for Seb Derm. The thought is that bacteria in the gut exaerbates skin problems and the acid in Organic Apple Cider vineger Kills the bacteria. I assume the acid in Lemons works on the same concept.

http://www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/acvinegar.html

http://www.health911.com/remedies/rem_dand.htm

I am confused. I thought that acid in the stomach is what caused most breakouts. Are there good and bad acids?

Hi Bonnie

As much as lemons (or limes) are acidic fruits, they are alkaline-producing in our bodies.

Steve posted this link a little while ago:

http://www.buzzle.com/editorials/4-13-2004-52881.asp

".....The ubiquitous looking lemon is full of magnesium, potassium, calcium and phosphorus, copper, zinc, iron and manganese. Its citric acid is nature’s best source of Vitamin C, the nutrient that keeps the body’s balance of iron consumption optimal, thereby ensuring the good health of your red blood cells and also stepping up the body’s resistance levels high.

Regular squeeze of a lemon over your food helps keep the immune system stronger and imparts greater ability to fight off infections. With its stimulating properties, lemon juice can activate the pancreas and the liver, aiding the digestive process and helping the overall well being of the body.

As an additional advantage, regular consumption of lemon juice has also been known to relieve the discomfort of rheumatism and arthritic pains. To serve as an overall rejuvenator, a glass of lukewarm water with the juice of one lemon does the trick, the body gets instantly refreshed. This also helps to remove toxins from the body......"

You might also want to check out Joanne's thread on the alkaline/acid theory:

http://forum.rosaceagroup.org/viewtopic.php?t=1830

".....FIrst of all it is important to note that there is a difference between 'acidic' foods and 'acidifying' foods, likewise between 'alkaline' and 'alkalizing'. We need to think about not the pH of the food directly, but what remains in the body after the food has been metabolized. The normal processes of respiration and metabolism (breathing and eating) have an oxidizing or acidifying effect. Therefore we need to consume sufficient quantities of things that balance these normal reactions: positively charged minerals, like iron, calcium, magnesium and zinc, which remain in the body after the organic matter has been processed. For example, lemons are of course very acidic, but the organic acids are metabolized, while an extremely good source of minerals is stored in the body, making lemons an excellent alkalizing food....."

Food for thought!

Jen
    Currently trying: Apr 06 Bee Wilder's Candida (natural healing) Diet; May 06 Home made red LED array; Aug 06 ZZ ointment.

Thanks Jen for clearing that up for me. I have read so much about what is good and what is bad that after awhile it just all runs together.

I will print this so that I can refer back to it.

Thanks again,

Bonnie