Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Red light therapy..can someone help me get this...

Default Red light therapy..can someone help me get this...

I saw the rosacea blog contained a post from david about red light therapy and i wanted to know how I can get a safe form of red light therapy to use for myself. Thanks so much -Chris

ya id be intrested as well.

There are lots of models out there.... Some are crap, some are all right. PM me and I may be able to help out.

David
    35 year-old male
    Erythmatotelangiectatic rosacea & Ocular
    20 + laser treatments.
    Toleraine Soothing Light Facial Fluid for moisturizer. I don't use a special cleanser. Clonidine daily; klonopin sometimes.
    BEST and CURRENT TREATMENT I use: Low-Level Red Light Therapy LED array.
    Please feel free to PM me with your low-level red light therapy (LLRLT) questions. I'm happy to help if I can.

I'm still tryin to figure out what's best for my skin, but I can tell you that David have been very kind to help me with a LED device. There are some controversy about red light therapy and I think it is simply because little is known about the subject. There are opponents and there are proponents, but I have in no means been given false or unrealistic expectations by David. He has been very accurate and objective and I am sure everyone who wants to know more will feel the same thing.

I'm still waiting to find out what's best for my face before I can take a well informed standpoint on the LED issue.

/JR

Andrew's Blog is here:

http://www.rosacea.co.uk/blog/

I have a red LED array arriving shortly, hopefully next week.

Currently I am reducing the use of antibotics and will stop using them in the next week. I also intend to stop using any other drugs or medicated topicals to give this 'clinical' trial a good go. I want to know what works or does not work.

However, I do understand that it may take many months to show improvement, so weekly up-dates may not seem encouraging. Of course, I don't know how it will go but I am making myself a guinea pig for us here!

At the same time, I am in the process of changing my diet, based on several diet theories. Once I get that sorted and really stick to it, I will report on that too.

I must say, diet is a really hard one to change. I normally don't eat a lot and it is more about actually EATING more than avoiding any foods! UGH! But going to give it a go.

Chris, as far as safety goes, well, I don't want to drag up old dirt! Blah! That's a long story and not worth re-hashing. Personally, I have done a lot of reading on the use of red LED light. I've also spoken with people about it and possible dangers for Rosacean skin. I am not an expert but have summised that using a red LED array properly is not going to harm the facial skin.

Will post with up-dates as I go.

Jen
    Currently trying: Apr 06 Bee Wilder's Candida (natural healing) Diet; May 06 Home made red LED array; Aug 06 ZZ ointment.

Hello Jen

Obviously I am very interested in how you get on using red light. The only thing you need to be careful off is that you may get some rebounding from stopping any systemic or topical medication prior to testing the LED, so it is important that if this happens you can work out that this is the cause as opposed to a problem from the LED. I suddenly stopped taking Trimethoprim before starting my lamp and my face was quite irritated for a few days before the effects of the lamp kicked in and then within a few weeks I was noticing a positive result.

There may be slow subtle improvements to your skin which you might not notice so if you can take some photographs or ask a partner or friend to look at your face and monitor your progress. My skin especially in the cheek area was harder with a "woody" type feel but after a few weeks with my lamp it became very soft and for me when this happens it is a good sign that red light is having a positive beneficial effect.

Good luck and keep us all posted.

Regards

Peter

Hi Peter

Thanks for that. Yes, I'm aware that stopping antibiotics may well see my face go backwards but I really hate taking them. I'm weaning myself off them at the moment and there will be some overlap. Candida is a problem for me as well as other negative side effects. This is why I am going down the diet path. Of course, this will not be an overnight fix but from what I have read it certainly can't harm.

I'm combining the alkaline-acid diet, Candida diet and some of Drummond's ideas until I find what works best for me. I'm even considering growing my own veggies and getting a couple of chooks for fresh eggs! Just call me 'Farmer Jen'! LOL All of these changes will need to be introduced slowly and gradually or my body will go into a 'healthy meltdown' shock! LOL

I see the red light therapy as icing on the cake (of course, I won't be eating any cake!) LOL

I'm looking forward to making all of these changes and going a la natural!

Jen
    Currently trying: Apr 06 Bee Wilder's Candida (natural healing) Diet; May 06 Home made red LED array; Aug 06 ZZ ointment.

I'm hoping to get off of antibiotics, too, in the next year or so. The red light appears to have a far more powerful anti-inflammatory action than even macrolide antibiotics. The downside would be the effect antibiotics have on my ocular rosacea. Hopefully, I can switch to low-dose accutane to control my ocular symptoms and use red light while taking accutane.

Hope that array gets there soon, Jen.
    35 year-old male
    Erythmatotelangiectatic rosacea & Ocular
    20 + laser treatments.
    Toleraine Soothing Light Facial Fluid for moisturizer. I don't use a special cleanser. Clonidine daily; klonopin sometimes.
    BEST and CURRENT TREATMENT I use: Low-Level Red Light Therapy LED array.
    Please feel free to PM me with your low-level red light therapy (LLRLT) questions. I'm happy to help if I can.

IowaDavid : take care, with accutane i had dry eyes => red eyes.

I would like to buy a red led machine : do you have a good website?

Thanks in advance

poum: Hey, what dosage of accutane made your eyes dry out? And did you have ocular rosacea before taking accutane? Thanks -Chris