Thread: Can we have an off-topic section please?

Default Can we have an off-topic section please?

Dear Warren and the mod team,

Is it possible to have an off-topic area please, the forum is quite restrictive at the moment as the subject matter is related to rosacea and rosacea related subjects. I think that we need to broaden our horizons if we are to break the 1000 member mark this year. we need to attract different types of people from all walks of life. If we open ourselves up to the non-rosacean market then we will be able to exploit a substantial percentage of the general population.

this isn't as stupid as it sounds, from experience we all know that every person in the world is likely to develop some form of rosacea if they are not careful. By doing this and educating those at risk we could prevent many cases from ever occuring. Prevention is better than cure, i think we are being selfish just concentrating on ourselves.

It would be particularly useful to show all early stage rosaceans that all is not lost and get them to interact and chat with ex-rosaceans who have had dozens of IPL treatments etc.

edit - ah, we have an off-topic area already (and it is open). I think things are looking up.

Great idea if we avoid any discussion of Neuro-Vascular Physiologists.

well that depends on what each individual wants to talk about. Neuro vascular physiologists tend to concentrate on veins and stuff like that. If we get lots of non-rosacean people in then we won't need to talk about rosacea all the time.

I was thinking that rosacea is a state of mind, you are red faced and consider this abnormal. me, well i like to think people fall into 2 groups, red and white faced. Now, it is only social conditioning that makes you feel inferior. I suspect that there are lots of white/pale faced people out there who have never seen your side of life and concentrate only on their own problems.

You see, callien, it is highly likely that some pale faced person actuallywants to be red, as they consider a white complexion to be abnormal.

This is the ticket to success for us. There is a market here, now if we could just advertise the potentially damaging effects of rosacea treatments we could probably make a few pale faced chaps very happy by turning them into little red balloons.

I can hear the voices now, "i've just upped my dosage of niacin and i'm on 20 cans of red bull a day but my flush only lasts for 10 mins then settles down"

low dose niacin: treatment reports etc. hmmm...

Default Re: Can we have an off-topic section please?

Quote Originally Posted by Felix
    Dear Warren and the mod team,

Is it possible to have an off-topic area please, the forum is quite restrictive at the moment as the subject matter is related to rosacea and rosacea related subjects. I think that we need to broaden our horizons if we are to break the 1000 member mark this year. we need to attract different types of people from all walks of life. If we open ourselves up to the non-rosacean market then we will be able to exploit a substantial percentage of the general population.

this isn't as stupid as it sounds, from experience we all know that every person in the world is likely to develop some form of rosacea if they are not careful. By doing this and educating those at risk we could prevent many cases from ever occuring. Prevention is better than cure, i think we are being selfish just concentrating on ourselves.

It would be particularly useful to show all early stage rosaceans that all is not lost and get them to interact and chat with ex-rosaceans who have had dozens of IPL treatments etc.

edit - ah, we have an off-topic area already (and it is open). I think things are looking up.
    Felix,
    Check the last forum under the META DISCUSSION forum. It has been there for months.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi