Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blepheritis and Rosacea?

Default Blepheritis and Rosacea?

If you have Blepheritis is that conected with Rosacea. I mean if you have one will you get the other?

I have blepheritis and the ophthamolagist that diagnosed me said that they are closely linked, however I don't htink it means a person would necessarily get it. I was prescribed erythromicin ointment for my lash lines and that helps alot. They said to use it about 5 days in a row each month, and of course the lid scrubs... altho not everyday on those.

Aimee

Well i had blepheritis and now i think i might have Rosacea i just dont see how there connected

Well, I don't think that one CAUSES the other, but the are commonly found together. What makes you think you have rosacea?

well my skin has been acting weird in the last few months. I know i have SD on my nose but now my chin and cheeks are red and blotchy and itch and burn sometimes. I dont really have major flushing or blushing.

Blepharitis can be caused by things other than rosacea, like contact allergies. But blepharitis is often associated with rosacea because flushing of the thin eyelid skin causes itching and scaling and swelling of the eyelids. I used to get into a hot bathtub and my calves would start itching, which I now realize was due to the blood vessels in my skin dilating. Why this causes itching, I don't know exactly. Maybe it is histamine release, because anti-histamines are often useful for the itching and swelling of blepharitis due to rosacea.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimee
    I have blepheritis and the ophthamolagist that diagnosed me said that they are closely linked, however I don't htink it means a person would necessarily get it. I was prescribed erythromicin ointment for my lash lines and that helps alot. They said to use it about 5 days in a row each month, and of course the lid scrubs... altho not everyday on those.

Aimee
    guy fawks gunpowder sweating system. eat breakfast miss dinner have tea at no later than 6pm. teatime meal can be mild to medium curry and boiled rice or mashed potato or any carbohdrate like say pasta but it must be carbohydrate and not fried or roasted like say chips etc. or the meal can be rice with skewered sliced grilled chicken, "marinate chicken in tai tom yum sauce" add one heaped teaspoon to half a cup of water mix and pour over two chicken breasts to marinate for six hours skewer up and grill chicken to no more than 75 degrees centi, serve on a bed of rice .
    do not drink any alcohol on the day only water and do not eat anything afterwards . if you must eat, four ginger biscuits and a cup of hot water is acceptable no later than 8 p. m go to bed around ten pm. in the morning when the swung/flush sweating feeling comes and you feel like sweating get yourself under the bed covers keep as hot as you can and be patient and be concious that you want to sweat.
    stay under the covers for ideally one hour but a minimum of thirty minutes and BOY you should sweat. obviously as redhotz suggested it should be without question that by now all you rosaceans should be fully hydrated before "you go for it".
    after this guy fawks treatment your face will be very red and spotty, the spots are nothing but your sebaceous glands that have got fired up and i belive this is a positive step. the next day the redness usually subsides. there is no added benifit from eating an extreemly hot curry.
    after the sweat its normal to shower but do avoid washing your face. care must be taken not to eat too much chilli spiced foods as they can affect your stomach lining and maybe other vital organs especially if chilli is not part of your indiginous diet.
    here is a tip::: do extra pieces of chicken and wrap two pieces each in tin foil and freeze, each night or alternate eat two pieces of tom yum chicken witha glass of water three hours before going to bed if you want just to have a slighter sweat. i wish to make it understood that i am not responsible for any greivances arising out of trying this guy fawks treatment if you do, you do it at your own risk. but it is excellent for a maintainance cure for blepharitis. the act of sweating brings moisture to the eyes. I was reading through a german website about a man who had conjunctivitis. (Rote Augen, Ein kleines Wunder) He had been to see his doctor who told him that his grandmother had blepharitis and what she did to control it. He said that she put a handkerchief on the back of her neck, then blocked up her ear holes with soft tissues laid as horizontal as practically possible and basically used quite hot damp cotton make up pads alternating with hot ones as the used ones got cold, she did this for around thirty minutes every morning and evening with excellent results. Needles to say the man( the grandson) tried it himself and was delighted hence the statement (Rote Augen, Ein kleines Wunder). but guy fawks is far more convienient.
    drummond
    cure

Quote Originally Posted by drummond
    guy fawks gunpowder sweating system.....
    What in the world???!!!

Not a clue what that was about... and I could care less.

As posted above they are linked but you can have one without the other. I had blepheritis before I had rosacea, and can remember when I was young that one morning my eyelids were so gummed that I could not open my eyes. My parents took me to a doctor after that and he recommended warm compresses (I was only about 6 at the time). Only recently have I got some eyelid scrubs (Lid-Care from Novartis) which seem to do the trick nicely.