Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Question please, Dr. Crouch

Scrumtious,
    Thanks for the info.
    Since you only get pink/red when you flush, I wonder if you are considered to have rosacea at all? My understanding is that not all blusher/flushers progress to rosacea (have a sympathetic nervous system disorder?) and many with "rosacea" dont go through this "blusher/flusher" stage (my own experience) before progressing to permanent erythema.
    Hope that you dont progress to permanent redness.
    I would love to see before/after laser/IPL scope pics on someone who had permanent redness.
    Thanks,
    Perry Jones

Quote Originally Posted by prryjones
    Scrumtious,
    Thanks for the info.
    Since you only get pink/red when you flush, I wonder if you are considered to have rosacea at all? My understanding is that not all blusher/flushers progress to rosacea (have a sympathetic nervous system disorder?) and many with "rosacea" dont go through this "blusher/flusher" stage (my own experience) before progressing to permanent erythema.
    Hope that you dont progress to permanent redness.
    I would love to see before/after laser/IPL scope pics on someone who had permanent redness.
    Thanks,
    Perry Jones
    Well if it helps i was diagnosed with rosacea by the head dermatologist of the hospital to which i was referred. I would guess he had the credentials to make that diagnosis

Hmmm...I don't know that it takes a ton of clinical expertise to dx rosacea.
    I mean, it's sitting right there looking at you.
    Tell you what...I'll trade my rosacea (pink all the time) for your rosacea (pale except when blushing)....

Perry,

I think those of us who've had severe rosacea and battled our way back to mild and fight every day to stay there understand what you're saying.

It seems to me that the implication is that only stage 5 rosacea sufferers are considered a worthy voice on this forum. I hope that's not the case.

You're mistaken, of course, about any implications on my part, Scrumtious.
    I simply mentioned that I would like to see before/after tx pics of someone who exitibits constant redness.
    I guess one can either take the above statement at face value or if bored, interpret its meaning as extreme as desired....

i thought i would be mistaken, thanks for the clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by prryjones
    Dr. Crouch,
    FYI (and it may be my system), but I am unable to view the Siascope pictures from your website (the other videos worked fine, however).
    I did find a neat corresponding website (www.astronclinica.com) which had a neat link with some info., photos.

Question please: If the angio inhibitors (eg clarithromycin) really work post laser tx, would not bruising (overtreating rather than undertreating) be the way to go regarding assuring maximal vascular clearance? My understanding is that bruising assures vein damage/ rupture, but that post-bruising the signals for angiogenesis are heightened, and thus it is not recommended by some. But, If a way to lessen this post tx heightened response...would not this be a consideration?
    Just some thoughts,
    Thanks again,
    Perry Jones
    Well this is an option of last resort for IPL resistant cases and we can achieve this with the pulse dye laser. If you check out the latest pictures on the Burghley Park Clinic website you will see that the problem with using the Pulse Dye Laser in purpuric (i.e. bruising) mode is that PURPURIC PULSE DYE LASER TREATMENT is DEFINATELY A MAJOR DOWNTIME PROCEDURE. I capitalise this because I have seen posts suggesting that it is described as no downtime - a patient I saw today gave permission for me to publish his siascope pictures showing the way the Pulse Dye Laser punches out sharply demarcated "holes" in the skin's blood vessel network. Look at how the siascope picture shows blood vesssels still present in the margins between Pulse Dye Laser shots. Blood vessels are often targeted by the rosacea community as the enemy. Whilst total annihilation may sound a sure way to get clearance lets not forget that we still need blood vessels - we just need fewer of them.

Kind regards,

Peter

Dr Crouch, i went to follow the link of the pulse dye patients blood map images but there is no link attached to that button. At least not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by scrumptious
    Dr Crouch, i went to follow the link of the pulse dye patients blood map images but there is no link attached to that button. At least not for me.
    Thanks for the tip off - I've just tried it - perhaps the website has updated now. Please let me know if it isnt loading still.

Kind regards,

Peter