Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Question please, Dr. Crouch

Dr. Crouch,
    My last post for some time, I promise.
    Your website is awesome. I just had a tx with a very inexperienced practicioner (Just bought a Lumenis One) who self admittedly didn't know very much about rosacea or how to use his machine. He is an psychiatrist by disclipline and seemed very interested in the psycological implications of rosacea on the "normal" person.
    I will forward to him your site, I'm sure he'll find it invaluable.
    Thanks again,
    Perry "Im gonna shut up now" Jones

Quote Originally Posted by prryjones
    Dr. Crouch,
    My last post for some time, I promise.
    Your website is awesome. I just had a tx with a very inexperienced practicioner (Just bought a Lumenis One) who self admittedly didn't know very much about rosacea or how to use his machine. He is an psychiatrist by disclipline and seemed very interested in the psycological implications of rosacea on the "normal" person.
    I will forward to him your site, I'm sure he'll find it invaluable.
    Thanks again,
    Perry "Im gonna shut up now" Jones
    Thank you - glad you like the website. I've just posted some pictures taken today from the Dermetrics imaging system on the www.triplc.info site under "video library". They show the progress made by someone having NdYag treatment. The patient concerned kindly allowed me to scan her face in the same place each time she attended for treatment - we both looked at the sequence of five pictures today and feel that the progress shown on the pictures seems to match the progress in terms of reduction in the flushing experienced by the patient.

Kind regards,

Peter

Hey Dr. Crouch,

I'm sorry to bother you again, but I would greatly appreciate your input. I am looking into a plastic surgeon who has the sciton laser system and I know you said it's not better than the lumenis one. But can i get as good of results with it? I really want to get rid of the broken blood vessels I have, can it at least do that? When I got the cutera genesis YAG, it couldn't even touch them. This plastic surgeon has the Double Yag w/the BBL so hopefully these could get the visible stough? And hopefully my chronic redness can be helped. Ironically, my flushing was helped the most with laser, but anything permanent (broken vessels and chronic redness that are superficial) can't be cleared. Thanks again for your time, it means a lot. -Chris

Quote Originally Posted by YankeesRtheBest
    Hey Dr. Crouch,

I'm sorry to bother you again, but I would greatly appreciate your input. I am looking into a plastic surgeon who has the sciton laser system and I know you said it's not better than the lumenis one. But can i get as good of results with it? I really want to get rid of the broken blood vessels I have, can it at least do that? When I got the cutera genesis YAG, it couldn't even touch them. This plastic surgeon has the Double Yag w/the BBL so hopefully these could get the visible stough? And hopefully my chronic redness can be helped. Ironically, my flushing was helped the most with laser, but anything permanent (broken vessels and chronic redness that are superficial) can't be cleared. Thanks again for your time, it means a lot. -Chris
    Dear YankeesRtheBest,
    Thank you for posing the question and please everyone don't misconstrue my comments about the sciton - you can get good reults with the Sciton - I was responding to the questiona bout whether it represented a leap in technology and if it was somehow superior to other technologies. Whilst the technology is one element, the core knowledge and case dependent experience of the operator is the other major factor that should be researched and weighed up carefully before choosing where to treat and whom to be treated by.

Kind regards,

Peter

I'm sorry about that Dr. Crouch. Thankyou for your help, I greatly appreciate it. She is a plastic surgeon and her secrataries say she has experience with all different types of lasers for treating rosacea, but I'm not sure how I can find out if she's truly knowledgable with lasers in particular?? I'm unable to talk to her without a 200 dollar consultation (which goes twoard the first treatment's price) So I scheduled that. I just hope the double YAG can at least remove visisble vessels without a problem, I just don't know anybody who's has been treated with success or without success with the sciton. Thanks again. -Chris

Hi Dr Crouch,

I hope you have the time to answer this , my nose at the tip is very swollen and hard ,my nore gets more swollen as i get hot ,say in a warm room or in bed . could your treatment help relieve this my family as a history of ryhnomopia & at the rate i am going i will suffer this . My age is 53 and i have had this about 2 years i need to have some hope of not getting this as i grow older
    Thanks Shaun

Quote Originally Posted by shaun
    Hi Dr Crouch,

I hope you have the time to answer this , my nose at the tip is very swollen and hard ,my nore gets more swollen as i get hot ,say in a warm room or in bed . could your treatment help relieve this my family as a history of ryhnomopia & at the rate i am going i will suffer this . My age is 53 and i have had this about 2 years i need to have some hope of not getting this as i grow older
    Thanks Shaun
    Dear Shaun,
    Probably have to see your nose to be sure but sounds like you may be developing rhynophyma. Very often with treatment of rhynophyma, the swelling doesnt go down dramatically but the progression slows down markedy or halts which is what most patients are more pleased with (and somewhat relieved).

Kind regards,

Peter

Hi Dr Crouch
    Thanks for your reply ,are you saying that you could maybe halt the growing by laser?
    To stop the growth at this time would be a godsend
    Thankyou once again Shaun

Dr. Crouch,
    FYI (and it may be my system), but I am unable to view the Siascope pictures from your website (the other videos worked fine, however).
    I did find a neat corresponding website (www.astronclinica.com) which had a neat link with some info., photos.

Question please: If the angio inhibitors (eg clarithromycin) really work post laser tx, would not bruising (overtreating rather than undertreating) be the way to go regarding assuring maximal vascular clearance? My understanding is that bruising assures vein damage/ rupture, but that post-bruising the signals for angiogenesis are heightened, and thus it is not recommended by some. But, If a way to lessen this post tx heightened response...would not this be a consideration?
    Just some thoughts,
    Thanks again,
    Perry Jones

prry, the same photos can be found displayed in a far less professional manner in my thread here.