Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Question please, Dr. Crouch

Default Question please, Dr. Crouch

Dr. Crouch,
    First, we all appreciate very much the time and the expertise that you give to the forum. Everyone knows how busy you guys (Docs) are, and so any and all imput is so very appreciated.

A quick question, please, to answer if and when you have the time: Do you forsee any major changes or improvements in the techonology or methodology of treating rosacea erythema (regarding laser/IPL technology)? As you know, many simply don't respond well to this type of therapy.
    Any advances, or studies being done to help improve the efficacy of this technology to help us with rosacea? Dr. Nase, some time ago, brought to our attention the use of microscopy in evaluating the real-time in vivo effects of IPL on human skin. Anything like this being studied or considered, to you knowledge?
    I would think that the manufacturers would realize the potential profits for a really effective device versus rosacea erythema?

Thanks again for all your time and advice,
    Perry Jones

Dear Pyyrjones,

Than you for the questions -
    Do I forsee any major changes or improvements in the techonology or methodology of treating rosacea erythema (regarding laser/IPL technology)?
    Not on the near horizon at the moment - there has been a jump in the technology within the last 18 months - the Lumenis One I think represents a significant improvement in IPL - more comfortable and safer delivery of IPL.

1064nm Nd:Yag not much improvement. Pulse Dye Laser - again - fairly static development at present.

Any advances, or studies being done to help improve the efficacy of this technology to help us with rosacea?
    The Siascope is an imaging system I am working hard with the devlopers to evaluate and I hope to present that soon. We hope to be able to take "blood map" images of areas before and after treatment.

Kind regards,

Peter

Dr. Crouch,
    Thank you,
    Perry Jones

Will this 'blood map' help determine where to focus the treatment on?

Thanks again Dr. Crouch for all your time spent with us!
    Regards,
    RedHotCanuck
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    3 IPL and tried Accutane. Accutane stopped the oil flow but caused other problems. Now just using a mix of Sea Kelp and EGF every night.

Hey Dr. Crouch,

From your knowledge, how does the sciton laser (BBl & YAG) system compare to the Lumenis One? Is it really a lot better? Is it truly the best IPL system out there? Thanks, I appreciate it. -Chris

Quote Originally Posted by RedHotCanuck
    Will this 'blood map' help determine where to focus the treatment on?

Thanks again Dr. Crouch for all your time spent with us!
    I hope that the Dermetrix blood mapping will help determine where to treat and to follow progress of treatments

Kind regards,

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by YankeesRtheBest
    Hey Dr. Crouch,

From your knowledge, how does the sciton laser (BBl & YAG) system compare to the Lumenis One? Is it really a lot better? Is it truly the best IPL system out there? Thanks, I appreciate it. -Chris
    I'm not convinced that the Sciton BBL offers any advance over Lumenis 1 IPL. The Lumenis One has both Nd:Yag and IPL. We also use the Gemini Nd:Yag but I dont personally treat with NdYag and IPL at the same time.

Hope this helps,

Kind regards,

Peter

Dr. Crouch,
    If IPL is effective vs port wine stains and other vascular disorders, any theories why not so effective vs rosacea redness? Do you think the underlying architecture of the rosacea vasculature is different?
    Thank you,
    Perry Jone

Quote Originally Posted by prryjones
    Dr. Crouch,
    If IPL is effective vs port wine stains and other vascular disorders, any theories why not so effective vs rosacea redness? Do you think the underlying architecture of the rosacea vasculature is different?
    Thank you,
    Perry Jone
    I think that rosacea is a spectrum of blood vessels of different calibre at varying depths and this is why TRIPLC is effective because the three ranges of IPL (plus the angiogenesis inhibition) help many sufferers who previously have gotten nowhere with single range IPL. I've tried to post as much as possible at www.triplc.info

Sometimes Pulse Dye Laser is necessary for IPL resistant rosacea.

I think that NdYag is better for flushing.

Kind regards,

Peter

Dr. Crouch,
    Again, thank you. We would really appreciate your keeping us updated on your new imaging system!
    Regards,
    Perry Jones