Thread: seb derm/beard - trouble-GUYS!!

Default seb derm/beard - trouble-GUYS!!

Hello,

I have always had problem with shaving. My beard area will get extrmely red after shaving with razor. At the beginning I thought it was razor burn but it was not. Then I switched to a gentle electric shaver, my beard area got red again even by shaving with an electric. The weirdest thing is that my beard area gets red even when I trim my beard without pushing the trimmer to my skin at all. All I do is to touch and its red suddenly!!!

There is something that makes my beard area (only sides, not chin or neck) red and I doubt its related to sebaceous glands.

I have been to many derms and they never offer a solution, I wonder what you guys think I might have and how it can be treated??

I am sick of it and I got to start a job and I have to shave frequently and I hate this red look even it disappears in an hour after shaving.

PS I never aim close shave. My beard area is usually not flakey but it can flake suddenly when I start shaving with electric. RED& FLAKEY!!!

Take care,

Francois
    Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up again..

Hi Francois,
    i have this as well, plus really itchy pustules everytime i shave. Some docs have said it's my rosacea there as well, some have said eczema, some seb derm. I am also starting to suspect folliculitis. You might want to consider these last 2 in your case.
    eric

Hey eric,

Nice to know someone understands me.

What works for this condition and do you have any tips for me? Have you tried any cream medicine against redness on beard area or perhaps any dietary adjustments helped you at all?

Thank you so much. You cant know how much this affects my life with rosacea.

hi,
    unfortunately, i can't provide you with any good advice as i am struggling to keep my skin under control. These past 4 months have been the worse i have looked in my life and the fact that i have other conditions in addition to Rosacea makes it difficult to treat.
    At the moment, i try not to shave much, cleanse with Avene, use Metrogel (but i don't think it's doing anything, especially as i am not even sure i have rosacea in my beard), and moisturize with jojoba, aloe and a bit of a heavier hemp cream when my skin is extremely dry.
    As far as diet is concerned, well i used to have skin problems all over my body for 15 years and removing sugar, gluten and dairy has completely taken care of that. However, it hasn't helped my face at all....
    I woud suggest you try to see a derm. I am going to see a new one this week, even though i have already seen like 10 in the past 3 years and got a different diagnosis every time (almost)....
    good luck.
    eric

Danke schön für Ihre Information.

Ich hoffe dass wir etwas für uns finden können.

Ich muss arbeiten und dass ist eine grosse Problem.

Lassen Sie mich wissen was Ihr Artz Ihnen emphalt

Aufwiedersehen.

PS Ja, Ich weiss dass mein Deutsch nicht so gut ist

your German is better than mine as i am not German even though i live here....
    i;ll let you know what the derm says...
    cheers

What works for me is these things:

1. Have a Moist Skin (maybe after a shower) before you shave.

2. Use a Sensitive skin Shaving cream.

3. After shaving wash your face cleanly.

4. MAke sure to use a moisturizer after washing the face. This helps reduce the flakys and redness over time, because excema is a dry skjin condition made worse in the inter indoor dry air conditions. I use "Kiss My Face Vitamin A & E Moisturizer" brand which doesnt contain any procervities which irratate Rosacea. Its mostly natural ingredients.
    http://www.drugstore.com/products/pr...UY-PLST-0-SRCH

5. Keep the beard area short/shaved as seb derm appears where the hair follicles appear.

6. Use Tea Tree Oil Shampoo and 100% tea tree Oil Liquid to clean and use as astringent on the sensitive beard area.