Thread: Rhofade

Unhappy Rhofade

First, this was not accepted by my insurance company, as I'm sure it is not my most.

As a result, I had to appeal and make a formulary appeal request which was accepted , otherwise I would be paying around $510

I am now paying $8.25

I have been using this for about 21 days, and unfortunately, I have not found it to be very efficacious in reducing erythema (redress)

I have tried Protopic, Mirvaso (Horrible) Soolantra, Elidel, and Eucrisa
    I have also tried doxycycline 100mg qd

I have had the best results with: Eucrisa

I also highly recommend CeraVe

Quote Originally Posted by Drkatzjr View Post
    First, this was not accepted by my insurance company, as I'm sure it is not my most.

As a result, I had to appeal and make a formulary appeal request which was accepted , otherwise I would be paying around $510

I am now paying $8.25

I have been using this for about 21 days, and unfortunately, I have not found it to be very efficacious in reducing erythema (redress)

I have tried Protopic, Mirvaso (Horrible) Soolantra, Elidel, and Eucrisa
    I have also tried doxycycline 100mg qd

I have had the best results with: Eucrisa

I also highly recommend CeraVe
    Hi, what does Eucrisa help with, the redness or does it stop flushing. Do you have type 1 rosacea.

It is prescribed for dermatitis more than rosacea. Google prescribing information for Eucrisa

The prescribing information can be found

http://labeling.pfizer.com/ShowLabeling.aspx?id=5331

The prescribing information can be found

http://labeling.pfizer.com/ShowLabeling.aspx?id=5331
    ok I have just read all the prescrivbng information, how did it actually help your Rosacea.

I am now paying $8.25

Can you tell us how you make a formulatory appeal ? What paperwork did it entail ? thanks.

I suspect that there will be a number of people who don't see a benefit from Rhofade, as the trials showed a small proportion got a benefit.

all the best,
    dp
    Get Rosacea News here - https://rosacea-support.org

Default Rhofade - horrible rebound flushing

Most of my redness was gone from 6 Excel treatments. My Derm prescribed Rhofade and told me to try it. I used if for several days and then quit because of the burning it caused. I had horrible rebound flushes and am back to where I started before the Excel V treatments. Just my experience with it.

Quote Originally Posted by David Pascoe View Post
    Can you tell us how you make a formulatory appeal ? What paperwork did it entail ? thanks.

I suspect that there will be a number of people who don't see a benefit from Rhofade, as the trials showed a small proportion got a benefit.

all the best,
    dp
    David,

I had a similar experience with my insurance company who would not pay for Soolantra. I called the insurance company on the phone and asked for a review. The insurance company sends documents to the physician who then has to fill out more paperwork that is sent to justify why the patient needs Soolantra. My dermatologist complains that this takes his staff more time than it is worth but did it for me. I had a similar experience with another prescription my cardiologist prescribed. The insurance companies are the ones who are now determining what prescription drugs you are entitled to in the USA. It is a sad state of affairs. So basically the squeaky wheels gets the grease. If you complain loudly enough with the insurance companies and get the physician's office to do the extra paper work it is possible to get the prescription. Many simply just are silent when the insurance doesn't approve the Rx and that is what the insurance company hopes for. Doctors don't like to do the extra paperwork. So when I recently went to the dermatologist and told him I wanted Avar-e Green Rx he sighed and said that he wouldn't do the extra paperwork and handed me a bunch of samples. He reluctantly gave me the Rx which I will try to go through the hoops with the insurance company for a review and hope. That is my experience with this horrible situation.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

Why is it so expensive in US? I pay for 15g of Soolantra around 14 US dollars in Europe. It would be waste of time to ask for insurance help to save 3 dollars.