Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: HRT for women

Hi Terry
    I also use the pellets because my body would not absorb the estradiol any other way and the hot flashes caused the Rosacea to start with. But I would think that as long as you are able to absorb the estrogen via patch Vivelle (sp) or pill it should have the same beneficial effect. The main reason women like the testosterone is that it increases libido. Never heard of anyone "keeping" it. They usually reduce the amount give or they can eliminate it all together. When I got excess hair growth I asked the doctor to reduce the amount in the insert. You're right though Pellets are a more expensive route then the patches
    Arlene

Default Thanks, Arlene

Quote Originally Posted by arb161 View Post
    Hi Terry
    I also use the pellets because my body would not absorb the estradiol any other way and the hot flashes caused the Rosacea to start with. But I would think that as long as you are able to absorb the estrogen via patch Vivelle (sp) or pill it should have the same beneficial effect. The main reason women like the testosterone is that it increases libido. Never heard of anyone "keeping" it. They usually reduce the amount give or they can eliminate it all together. When I got excess hair growth I asked the doctor to reduce the amount in the insert. You're right though Pellets are a more expensive route then the patches
    Arlene

Arlene - I understand about the Testosterone, but our bodies (adrenal glands) produce some T. I think once my hormones are back down, I will try the other route. I can always go back on the pellets, if I'm not happy the other route. Men don't understand what we go through, do they? lol

Terry

Quick Question.

I am brand new to the forum and this is my first post. I have not had time to cruise through the other threads. Do any of you have Polycystic Ovary Syndrome? My doctor seems to think my rosacea was caused by my hot flashes caused by my rapidly lowering and rising estrogen levels.

Hi sparklehal,

Welcome to the forum. I do not have POS but rosacea can for sure be triggered by estrogen withdrawal, and hormone fluctuations in general.
    Hang on here, hopefully you'll get more feedback.
    Best. Marie

Wow, I haven't been on this forum for a very long time.

Well I had to have a hysterectomy on 12/20/12 via laparoscopic assisted Da Vinci robot. I had many fibroids, had uterus and cervix taking out kept both ovaries. Long way to recovery. 3 months later and I havnt been intimate with hubby too scared yet.

Anyways flushing remains the same not worse but not better. I was on birth control pill for many years till the day before hysterectomy. But I am looking in to HRT just to be prepared.

I am 52.

Alba

Quote Originally Posted by Souris24 View Post
    Hi sparklehal,

Welcome to the forum. I do not have POS but rosacea can for sure be triggered by estrogen withdrawal, and hormone fluctuations in general.
    Hang on here, hopefully you'll get more feedback.
    Best. Marie
    using elidel at night, taking atelenol, had 2 vbeam laser treatments, 46 year old female

Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post
    Wow, I haven't been on this forum for a very long time.

Well I had to have a hysterectomy on 12/20/12 via laparoscopic assisted Da Vinci robot. I had many fibroids, had uterus and cervix taking out kept both ovaries. Long way to recovery. 3 months later and I havnt been intimate with hubby too scared yet.

Anyways flushing remains the same not worse but not better. I was on birth control pill for many years till the day before hysterectomy. But I am looking in to HRT just to be prepared.

I am 52.

Alba
    Dear Alba.

How spooky, I was only thinking about you the other day!

I wish you well in your recovery...........the closeness will return, just be patient (& lots of cuddles eh?).

I am 'approaching' menopause (although not there yet); my symptoms are MUCH better & I pray they will cease when I reach the BIG M.

Am I right in thinking you have a Daughter with rosacea?

Hugs Judyx
    SUFFER FROM NEUROPATHIC ROSACEA & OCULAR ROSACEA.

*Vit D3,Theratears Omega 3.

*LDN since October 2018.

*REN skincare range. TARTE cosmetics.

*Tried Clonidine, Moxonidine & Atenolol (None being taken at present ).

*Yearly IPL treatments until 2009.

* RLT Journey!" (Sept 09) **Using Britebox Revive..(Stopped ).

* Use Optimel & Ilast cream for MGD Ocular rosacea.

History of Hyperthyroidism (Graves) Lichen Planus (oral)
    PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT

Default HRT Withdrawal?

Hi everyone,

I'm very interested in this subject because this morning my husband said to me, had I realised that my rosacea started at around the same time that I started missing HRT pills? Well, I hadn't linked the two actually, so I decided to investigate, which led me to this thread.

Briefly, I am almost 60 and have been on HRT for around 10 years. My doctor is happy to keep prescribing it, and he changed my prescription to Nuvelle Continuous a few years back. It's a fairly low dose I think, Estradiol 2mg, Norethisterone acetate 1mg. But I know I can't stay on it forever, so towards the end of last year I began missing tablets, to wean myself off very, very slowly (hoping to avoid the return of the dreaded hot flashes). First I missed 1 tablet every 7 days for a couple of months, then 1 tablet every 6 days, and have just started skipping one every 5 days. I haven't experienced any side effects at all, I haven't even noticed the difference, but .......... is it possible, my husband says what if skipping the pills, even just those few, could be causing the rosacea?

Of course I am now in a quandary, do I carry on with the gradual weaning off of HRT or do I return to taking the full dose to see if the rosacea improves?

I would be very grateful if anyone has any similar experience or advice.

Wishing you a speedy recovery Alba
    Last edited by Louise; 15th May 2013 at 04:04 PM. Reason: spelling

Cool Hrt

Am soon to start thinking about HRT but all I can say is that 20 years ago I went off the Pill to try and help my Rosacea and 9 months later our 4th child was born. I don't suggest doing that unless you are happy to become pregnant

Default tamoxifen with existing rosacea

I realize how old this thread is, but I'm new to this forum. Yet not to rosacea. My case has been mild and manageable without prescriptions(which aggravated my fair skin worse than the flare ups), until now-- I have started tamoxifen (anti-estrogen) as a post-cancer treatment. At 52 I am still pre-menopausal, but the tamoxifen causes menopause-like symptoms: HEAT WAVES among them! My face flushes hot right down to my chest and then extremities. Full blown redness and 'hives' not to mention other lovely symptoms like nausea. Has anyone else experienced this. I'm wondering about the correlation and how to treat this. My oncologist doesn't think the meds should have this effect, but I've seen other documentation to the contrary. Just not much info within the realm of rosacea. Appreciate any comments or suggestions.

Default rosacea and topical estriol

Well, I want to say that my rosacea improved a lot with topical estriol. I´m doing it now for 3 months and I can feel much better about the rosácea.