Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glisodin: Any positive results to report?

Default Glisodin: Any positive results to report?

Ive been taking it for almost a month and so far I see no change. I have another bottle and will finish that but if i see no results by then I will not repurchase.

Im wondering if i am taking it for nothing or perhaps the dose im taking is too low: 500 mg/d.

If this has worked for you... how long before you started to see results (and what type of results did u see, slowdown of flushing/progression of symptoms or improvement of symptoms you already have.

Thanks.

Default Some positive results

I have been taking Glisodin for about a month and a half. I have noticed some slight improvement. It takes longer for me to flush in some instances. I almost never flush now on my ears, which before was a problem.
    I take 500mg twice a day.
    Hope this helps.

Patrick

That's great that it is helping with your ear flushing, as this is probably the worst problem for me. Ears that go super bright red during a flush that is quite painful and lasts for a while. Hopefully, when I start taking Glisodin this will be alleviated.

Oddly enough, I began taking 200mg per day of SOD made by Bluebonnet and felt as though I had a fever and flushed on cheecks and nose. I stopped taking this yesterday and am back to normal today. Don't know what the problem was unless it is a gluetin allergy. I am going to let this go for a day or so and take one or two more capsules to see if the same thing happens again.

Golfnut,

I took Source Naturals SOD (220 mg) a couple of times and noticed an increase in flushing too and the fever feeling. There is no wheat in my tablets.

Do you think there is any point at all in trying Glysodin?

Also, I have the same feeling when I take too much vitamin C and oils (fish, flaxseed, borage, EPO) but I'm experimenting with quantities again. I'm curious if you have the same trouble with anything else?

I take flaxseed oil and was taking grapeseed extract before beginning the SOD, but they didn't seem to have a negative effect re: flushing. I really don't know what the problem is with the SOD. The capsules I have are 100mg, so I may begin again taking only 1 per day and see how that goes. Would be enlightening to hear from others who know more about SOD and how it works which may shed light on our flushing reaction.

I took Glisodin for several months and noticed no difference. I was spending a fortune on it and a bunch of other supplements that really did me no good at all as far as I could tell. I am now through with all of them except for evening primrose oil, which didn't really do anything for my rosacea but seemed to plump up my skin and smoothe the appearance of wrinkles.

Hi Irish, I don't think you can always physically see the effects of these supplements. You kind of have to trust that they are working - strengthening your vessels etc.

Golfnut, please let me know how you go at the lower dosage if you can!!

I'm very curious (and anxious) to see how Glisodin will help with sun protection when the summer rolls round. In all the studies, it was quite a high percentage of fair-skinned people (around 80% ) that benefitted from not burning as quickly in the sun as before, and others that were able to tan easier. This is also something hard to quantify without having the sun to go out in.

Based on the enthusiasm of Dr Nase's post on the subject, I have purchased a 3 month supply (at 1000 mg a day) of this product.

Someone posted a link to vitacost.com which had by far the lowest price for this product. The NSI brand worked out to $15.19 a bottle (using the 5% off code someone posted). This is for 60 quantity 250mg capsules (so a 15 day supply from a single bottle if taking 1000 mg a day). The price seems to vary quite drastically from one company and brand to another. End cost of my purchase.... a dollar a day for the dose Dr. Nase recommends.

I figured 3 months was enough to give it a fair shot. I will post my results.

~Alessandra