Thread: my lazer treatments with no results on light, heat flushing

Default my lazer treatments with no results on light, heat flushing

i've had about 15+ teatments for my flushing over the last 5 or so years. It has worked great for getting rid of the bumps, smoothing out my skin, and allowing for my skin to be less of a "heavy" red flush and more of a pinkish / light red flush. But i still have major problems with heat, light, and sun flushing and these three triggers seem to be getting worse and worse each year. I really dont know what to do. Dr. Darm has done every one of my treatments so i am not considered about the doctor, i just think that i have such damaged facial skin that there is no way that i can cure it or even keep the heat, light and sun flushing under control.

For example, this is what usually happens when i enter an office room that has a lot of bright lights and if the room temperature is over 70 degrees... I will immediatly start feeling my face getting hot. Once this starts happening, i will start getting a major headace... especially on the back of my neck and behind my eyes. After leaving the room, my face will get inflammed, my headace will not go away for hours and then i will start getting those random iches on my face.

the lazers have definetly helped out when i am not around these triggers and have made the overall daily redness minimal but has not helped much on stopping the actual flush from occuring. I just think that i have some of the worst rosacea flushing there is in the book.

Low-dose accutane has eliminated my flushing, and I've only been taking it for seven days. It seems almost too good to be true so I'm testing it, I just had a steaming hot cup of coffee followed by some hot tea, and- nothing. It's like I can't even flush if I try.

Previously, I had 7 IPLs. Accutane might be worth looking into.

Steve, - What dose accutane are you on? - how often??

Quote Originally Posted by DukeCity
    Steve, - What dose accutane are you on? - how often??
    10mg/day, with skim milk first thing in the morning (about 7AM) on an empty stomach. Then I wait at least 30 minutes before eating breakfast. So I think that knocks it down to 6-7mg.

steve, thanks for the advice. i've kept the idea of accutane in my mind, but have yet to try it. I will look into it for sure. How bad is your flushing? thats amazing how it has helped you out so fast.

Quote Originally Posted by ledbetteroregon
    steve, thanks for the advice. i've kept the idea of accutane in my mind, but have yet to try it. I will look into it for sure. How bad is your flushing? thats amazing how it has helped you out so fast.
    Well my 7 IPLs were with Dr. Bitter, Sr., and they helped tremendously. I would say that before them, I was in the last stages of "moderate" and heading towards "severe." The IPLs knocked me back down to something like "mild" (but not quite "pre").

Still, though, I had bad times of the day when I would flush (late afternoon), and I flushed to an unacceptable level in stressful situations. I'm going to University in the fall, and plan to be a pharmacist, so my life is going to be very public and I feel like I need to be able to handle any situation.

The accutane has been like a miracle for me for the last seven days. But, I'm glad I got the 7 IPLs first. The accutane seems to be doing what I recall Dr. Nase saying, something like "gives the vessels a rest."

I don't think there's an emoticon to express how satisfied I am with the results...

Maybe this one: \/ (no dancing banana?)

yeah the lasers have helped me as well, but just not with the heat/light/sun flushing. Light is the worst for me. Its like i have an allergic reaction to it and the lasers have not helped on this. Its made the light flushing less extreame to an extent, but hasn't stopped it from occuring.

you sure its the accutane thats been the difference? seems like it takes everyone weeks or months to see any results. im 26 years old and have been fighting this for the last 8 years. i'm just afraid it will keep getting worse every year.

hey ledbetter
    I have been taking the tane for about 2 weeks (even though I should have waited longer after IPL) and I am seeing great results I have taken probably 50 mg and my skin looks great, I have also had 9 IPL from Your Doc and can say that it has made a huge difference in how my medicine effect me. Before IPL tx nothing worked, but after 9 tx I was getting good results from meds, but that still was not good enough for me. I decided to try accutane and Steve is right its like night and day the flushing is way down and my skin temp is cooler my oil has dried up and blemishes (P&P's) going away very quickly. I think the trick is to experiment with dosing to get what works for you. I do believe there is a fine line in too much or too little accutane I have been taking 10mg every 2-3 days and it seems to be the sweet spot for me. You do see results very quickly from this drug.