Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: LLT and LED-induced 1st degree burns and flushing

I just always remember one thing when it comes to Dr.s

What do you call the guy who finished LAST in his class at medical school?

Dr.
    *Avoiding triggers is like trying to dodge raindrops in a monsoon.*

My Blog - http://rosaceablog.moonfruit.com/

Well that was interesting. This is a real ambiguity - Dr. Nase is obviously
    tops in his field and cares about what happens to Rosacea sufferers,
    and yet.....

He doesn't seem to have a problem, from what I can tell, from all the
    times that laser treatments go wrong when done by professionals.
    I sitll don;t know much about those yet either, but it seems like
    there are so many scare stories that one gets the feeling these
    doctors are just using us for guinea pigs! Stories about people
    feeling like the fat under their skin had been fried like a pork rind
    just about, and then the rosacea just gets worse.

He himself told the story of how his own skin got burned really bad,
    but it healed, and he just learned from that and kept on going until
    he had somebody do it correctly on him. So he doesn't seem to
    have such a problem with this kind of damage, if it's done by a
    professional.

If there's any way I could help myself with this LED thing, I'd rather do
    that, because being treated by somebody who acts like they know what
    they're doing when they may or may not, is also rather scary.

I'm on clarythromycin now, and that's working pretty well for acne,
    but my skin is still red, and I've got some broken blood vessels on
    the chin. It's probably at an intermediate stage.

Default Fascinating Thread!!! RLT discussed!

This thread was a very interesting read. On the one hand you have this simple homemade device using red light therapy that a man claims to be doing great things. He provides the science behind it and photos of himself. He is aware that not all of his clearing comes from red light therapy but that it played a major role.

As for the other people debating against the Red Light I am not sure exactly what the problem was.... true red light therapy MIGHT not be for
    everyone and COULD cause negative effects, but, is that not always the case on here. The passion brought forward against red light therapy is
    amazing. And, obviously, its not all about red light therapy but egos here...

I must say though, from an objective distance I see the red light therapy argument as being totally sound.

And to think, when first ordering it my biggest fear was that it would do nothing. That I would just be sitting in front of a light.

I would really like to talk with the young man here who made his own and used it. I think he has moved away from the forum though.

Default Science, contemplation, and facts

I was sitting here reviewing some of the facts presented in this thread about what exactly is going on during Red light therapy. One of the things that both sides were aware of is that using red light therapy on a spot will increase blood flow in that area. The doctors seemed to be strongly against
    this, and possibly with good reason. However, for some of us, getting blood flow open and moving in this area could possibly be a good thing...

What exactly goes on during a flush involving embarrassment? Why? Can anyone really answer this? NOt some scientific answer, but, what is
    embarrasment? Is it the body admitting fear? Is it the soul at its weakest most pathetic state? Is the body revolting against its master, the mind?

The reason we hate this disease is because it looks weak. Its aesthetics are unappealing because they seem to be of a nature of uncertainty and
    shame. Rosacea looks like the opposite of love, in short.

But, back to the red light, it appears to increase blood flow but not in the way a flush does. There is no embarrasment. There is no stress. It is a
    chance to get some blood moving in a way that is not so severe.

I could be wrong. I think its fascinating though. For a long time I have hated having rosacea, but tonight, I can honestly say that I am sort of
    thankful for it. IT has opened my eyes to how sensitive the world is... in every SENSE of the word. It has made me aware, which, in theory, seems to be Rosacea's job.

I just got through doing my second red light session of the day. Both times I do not let the unit get closer than 10 inches. Mainly, I hold it as far as 1 ft to 2ft.

About 3-5 minutes today.

Quote Originally Posted by solutionquest View Post
    This thread was a very interesting read. On the one hand you have this simple homemade device using red light therapy that a man claims to be doing great things. He provides the science behind it and photos of himself. He is aware that not all of his clearing comes from red light therapy but that it played a major role.

As for the other people debating against the Red Light I am not sure exactly what the problem was.... true red light therapy MIGHT not be for
    everyone and COULD cause negative effects, but, is that not always the case on here. The passion brought forward against red light therapy is
    amazing. And, obviously, its not all about red light therapy but egos here...

I must say though, from an objective distance I see the red light therapy argument as being totally sound.

And to think, when first ordering it my biggest fear was that it would do nothing. That I would just be sitting in front of a light.

I would really like to talk with the young man here who made his own and used it. I think he has moved away from the forum though.
    I agree this is the thread everyone needs to read if you are thinking of trying Red Light Therapy

Quote Originally Posted by davekelly View Post
    I agree this is the thread everyone needs to read if you are thinking of trying Red Light Therapy
    The idea that an LED array of the power used for skin applications would cause anyone to have burned skin is akin to saying you'll slice your hand open if you're not careful with your cereal spoon. The capability simply isn't present in either instance for harm to be done, and anyone saying LED therapy causes "1st Degree" burns has a serious, fundamental misunderstanding of basic physics.

Given who started this thread, however, it's not surprising that there is wildly inaccurate information contained therein.

Best,

David
    35 year-old male
    Erythmatotelangiectatic rosacea & Ocular
    20 + laser treatments.
    Toleraine Soothing Light Facial Fluid for moisturizer. I don't use a special cleanser. Clonidine daily; klonopin sometimes.
    BEST and CURRENT TREATMENT I use: Low-Level Red Light Therapy LED array.
    Please feel free to PM me with your low-level red light therapy (LLRLT) questions. I'm happy to help if I can.