Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: DR SYED GREEN TEA CREAM JOURNAL

thanks for your link, allibear.

do you know what particular type of green tea is alluded to when they speak of the efficacy for rosacea?

Glad to see that several persons seem to be happy with tea.

Quote Originally Posted by buddy1 View Post
    Hi Allibear, Glad to hear the green tea is working. I'm still using it morning and night and have started to add the liquid from an ibuprophen capsule instead of the aspirin (purely because I ran out) and this seems to work even better than the aspirin. My skin has improved lots, especially regards spots. I have been red a few times but not as much as before and this is getting better by the day. Has anyone else tried the green tea yet? If so what effect have you had?
    Buddy1 your skin will think it's got a headache #-o I only keep paracetamol in the house, wonder how that would do LOL.

Are you using the asprin/ibuprophen with the green tea primarily because of the spots or does adding the tablet do anything to reduce the overall redness in general.

I don't have any P&P's at the monent, (antibiotics cleared that side of things a few months back and so far still clear), but still flush from time to time and have permanent redness. Wasn't sure whether the addition of an aspirin was only helpful for the P&Ps. I was reluctant to go this far and addiing something that maybe might upset my skin, (it's easily upset ), which on the whole is relatively calm at the moment, sensation wise. Just the Tea sounded more like a safe option to me, (I'm not very adventurous when it comes to these things ).

Quote Originally Posted by Contessa View Post
    thanks for your link, allibear.

do you know what particular type of green tea is alluded to when they speak of the efficacy for rosacea?

Glad to see that several persons seem to be happy with tea.
    Sorry Contessa, no idea. I suspect it's been some kind of preparation/cream made from an extract of green tea. I came accross another article on green tea and the skin, (I've searched again for it with no luck, I didn't save the link, will probably pop up agian out of the blue), but was more about the anti aging claims of a new fad of green tea extract based creams. It was pointing out that for your skin to have any benefits from the green tea extract it must be in the top two ingredients and many products actually have it lower down the list and thus it is not as beneficial. I guess then there are all the other ingredients that are added that one's skin can just decide to dislike. Just something to bare in mind if you see a green tea extract cream on your travels and think it might be worth giving a go. I expect in that study they have used something quite pure and potent.

After reading this article I thought 'straight from the brew' was maybe just as good an option as any to add green tea into my skincare regime.

I know the discussion going on here is specifically related to Acne which is a totally different ball game to Rosacea, (though try telling my Mother that ), but I found reading through some of the comments, on both drinking and topically using green tea, quite interesting all the same.

http://www.acne.org/green-tea-reviews/207/page1.html

Kind regards
    allibear

Hi Allibear, For me I think adding the ibuprophen calms the skin but not sure the tea would work on it's own as I have used the tea only without the flushing. All the same I had permanent redness for the 2 weeks previous to using this and this calmed my skin straight away.
    To be honest, when I start feeling hot I haven't taken any chances on using the tea only and used both. This is usually in the moring because for some reason I am most red when I have had a sleep. It does dry the skin though but I leave it to dry for a while before using a moisturiser. Have even (shows how desperate I am!!!!) squeezed the last few drops from the bag into the moisturiser.
    I was at the Doc's a couple of weeks ago and when he saw the state of my skin he referred me to a dermo in May. I am going to wait and see what happens before I cancel because if he saw my skin now he would say there was nothing that wrong with it.

Just like to add that my skin is sensitive as well. I hate it at the end of a social gathering and someone with whiskers (women included) kisses me on the cheek as I end up looking like I've been smacked in the face with a toilet brush!
    If you do try it, then maybe do a test patch first. Best of luck.

Buddy1 maybe you should keep that derm appointment regardless. It would interesting to see what they say when you tell them what you have been doing, if your skin is still good by that time, (In my experience the medical profession aren't overly keen on home remedies), and it might be worth having the discussion about your condition anyway as if it should flare up badly it can be an aweful long wait to get an appointment again. If they decide to give you any medication you can always decide not to use it. I haven't been using the Metrogel I was given because it burnt like mad and turned me a colour that I hadn't seen before!

Regarding the skin sensitivity, I think I'll stick with just the tea for now but might try the Asprin if things start to get a bit out of hand when the summer and the dreaded rise in temperatures arrive.

Regarding the issue of whiskers and beards, I have always had the exact same problem
    Last edited by allibear; 23rd April 2008 at 11:07 PM.

Yes, maybe a good idea. The appointment is for 16th May so I'll let you know what happens.

First appointment was cancelled but finally got to see the dermatologist today. I have been given oxytetracycline and double base cream. I have continued with the green tea applied topically and this helps to calm my skin although I have noticed that it can have a drying effect. I also had a 4th IPL treatment (I'd paid up front so decided I might as well have it though I don't believe it has done any good at all).
    Although there is marked improvement with the tea I still continue to wake up with a few spots and have come to the conclusion that it is my digestion or something I am eating that is the cause. I think I eat a fairly balanced diet but I had a stomach ulcer last year and tested positive to H. Pylori for which I was given antibiotics but I believe this could be the root of the problem.