Thread: frustrated

Default frustrated

hi everyone!
    my first post here..here's my story: i remember my self flushing since i was 15(now 23) but never really bothered. I always thought this is the way i am. However recently i discovered that i get red patches on my neck and chest especialy in unconfortable situations. This got my attention and i visited two dermatologists in my country,greece, and both dignosed rosacea.One month ago i visited relatives in switzerland(which explains where i got the flushing genes!) and i thought it would be a good idea to visit a doctor in a country with more reosacea cases. He told me from the shape of the red patches and the texture of my skin that this is not rosacea but neuro-dermitis (in german, i suppose its the same in english). I did a search in the internet and found that neurodermitis has to do with itching which i dont have! I'm really confused right now. My question is whether any of you having rosacea get red on chest or neck and secondly in what other diseases should i look into which fit to those symptoms?
    thank you in advance!
    nk
    ps. i will definately visit another derm, but i want to be educated first!

Default Re: frustrated

Quote Originally Posted by nk104
    hi everyone!
    my first post here..here's my story: i remember my self flushing since i was 15(now 23) but never really bothered. I always thought this is the way i am. However recently i discovered that i get red patches on my neck and chest especialy in unconfortable situations. This got my attention and i visited two dermatologists in my country,greece, and both dignosed rosacea.One month ago i visited relatives in switzerland(which explains where i got the flushing genes!) and i thought it would be a good idea to visit a doctor in a country with more reosacea cases. He told me from the shape of the red patches and the texture of my skin that this is not rosacea but neuro-dermitis (in german, i suppose its the same in english). I did a search in the internet and found that neurodermitis has to do with itching which i dont have! I'm really confused right now. My question is whether any of you having rosacea get red on chest or neck and secondly in what other diseases should i look into which fit to those symptoms?
    thank you in advance!
    nk
    ps. i will definately visit another derm, but i want to be educated first!
    Rosacea usually is only in the facial area, but sometimes is on other parts of the body including the chest. There is a list of skin diseases I have begun which may give you something to go on at this url >

http://rosaceans.com/html/misdiagnosed.html

It is very frustrating to not know what skin condition you might have and I can only imagine what your going through, but at least you are doing the best you can to figure it out. Keep us posted.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

Thank you for the reply and sorry for the delayed response.
    I had allready seen that list of possible disseases that may be misdiagnosed as resacea in this site and i couldnt match my simptoms with any of those. By searching in the net i found a thread with red blotchy neck as topic: http://www.partypop.com/Forums/Weddings/m91537.htm.
    It is interesting that no one's dermatologist could diagnose the disease. Also someone mentioned utricaria (http://www.urticaria.com/online.htm) which i heard for the first time. Does anyone know weather this disease could be misdiagnosed as rosacea?beacuse its not included in the list.

any help would be greatly appreciated,cheers