Thread: 2% micronized colloidal sulfur + 5% sodium sulfacetamide

Default 2% micronized colloidal sulfur + 5% sodium sulfacetamide

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I'm a 19 year old male college student whose had subtype 1 moderate rosacea for approximately 4 years. I just had the 2% micronized colloidal sulfur + 5% sodium sulfacetamide compounded into noritate cream, which of coarse I got from Dr. Nase's book.My question is if I should apply this as a topical like the 1% metronidazole Noritate or as a cleanser like the Rosula cleanser (5% sulfer + 10% sulfacetamide). I know this seems stupid but all of the words used in connection with the application of the cream seem to indicate to use it as a topical, but i'm probably wrong. I'll keep everyone posted on how this works for my rosacea. Thanks for any reply and I would be very grateful if anyone whose tried this would give me some input.

Thanks again,
    Andrej

Default Re: 2% micronized colloidal sulfur + 5% sodium sulfacetamide

Quote Originally Posted by Texas2176
    Hi, I'm new to this forum. I'm a 19 year old male college student whose had subtype 1 moderate rosacea for approximately 4 years. I just had the 2% micronized colloidal sulfur + 5% sodium sulfacetamide compounded into noritate cream, which of coarse I got from Dr. Nase's book.My question is if I should apply this as a topical like the 1% metronidazole Noritate or as a cleanser like the Rosula cleanser (5% sulfer + 10% sulfacetamide). I know this seems stupid but all of the words used in connection with the application of the cream seem to indicate to use it as a topical, but i'm probably wrong. I'll keep everyone posted on how this works for my rosacea. Thanks for any reply and I would be very grateful if anyone whose tried this would give me some input.

Thanks again,
    Andrej
    I've had experience with this same compound before. You are supposed to use it as a topical. If you notice your symptoms getting worse, I'd say quit it. Nowadays the topical you speak of is nearing the lower end of the totem pole when it comes to treatments.

If you have acne, p and p this can be a good topical, but just listen to your skin in terms of other effects, please.

Yea i was afraid of that answer since i couldn't find any information on the board about this compound and i'll be careful when trying it out since my skin seems to only tolerate zia fresh cleansing gel. Thanks for the reply.

Thanks,
    Andrej

This user has been banned from this forum

Default Re: 2% micronized colloidal sulfur + 5% sodium sulfacetamide

Quote Originally Posted by Texas2176

Thanks again,
    Andrej

Hi Texas,

It is just to be used once at night. The current sulfur and sulfacetamides work for a great deal of people but there percentages are too high and thus irritate. Cut it in half and more people can use it. Just my two cents.