Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Large Iontophoresis Patches for Drug Delivery

This user has been banned from this forum

Default Large Iontophoresis Patches for Drug Delivery

We finally have some affordable iontophoretic patches that can treat the entire face. These are medical grade and can delivery any medical substance to the mid-dermis:

1. Negative charged ion medications
    2. Positive charged ion medications
    3. Neutral charged medications that are temporarily charged to get themm across the skin.

http://advantagemedical.com/ShopDeta...cat=1&scat=40#

botox could be applied with this too? what do you think bob bear? still interested of botox? would it be safe to buy botox online and apply it yourself with these patches??

You bet your sweet behind I am

For a long time Iv known the potential of botox for flushing / blushing (as Iv seen it first hand). If we can use this technology to delivery to drug safely and evenly, then this could be MASSIVE.

I wouldnt want to do it myself though. Id much prefer it if we could find a physician who would impliment the technique. Botox is not to played around with.

Geoffrey,

Maybe the good Dr Crouch might be interested? Who about a Nase - Crouch - Botox collab? Maybe even a peer review article, ay, ay?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Bear

For a long time Iv known the potential of botox for flushing / blushing (as Iv seen it first hand). If we can use this technology to delivery to drug safely and evenly, then this could be MASSIVE.

I wouldnt want to do it myself though. Id much prefer it if we could find a physician who would impliment the technique. Botox is not to played around with.

Geoffrey,

Maybe the good Dr Crouch might be interested? Who about a Nase - Crouch - Botox collab? Maybe even a peer review article, ay, ay?

Hi Bob and Eemeli,

Oddly enough, all this hub bub the last 5 months has brought me a lot of excellent collaboration with physicians and scientists. These folks can see right through the nonsense and just analyze who Geoffrey Nase is based on my actions and accomplishments in rosacea.

The list for the Rosacea Research and Treatment Forum is now at 6,781 members and 23 physicians and 30 plus medical scientists. This new venture will be my home. From here we can keep members up to date on everything happening across the globe. We are also incorporating the studies that we will be performing at no cost to anyone!

1. Oral rambazole for rosacea -- A dermatologist and myself
    2. Topical ramabazole for rosacea -- A dermatologist and myself -- this one could be a real sleeper
    3. Co-studies on topical dapsone in rosacea cream base
    4. Cytogenix gene therapy testing -- we are going to start mapping out rosacea genes. Its a long process, but hey, someone has to start it sometime.

I do have close ties with Dr. Crouch and we have become friends just through constant converstation. He is one of the many good guys in this business and because he has rosacea, he is a unique physician who is truly one of our best allies in our fight against the beast. I have already spoken to Peter about a trip out to the UK this Summer, but may now extend this trip to look at the new facial patches for iontophoresis.

Iontophoresis of Botox can help a lot of patients. Delivery of this molecule is so important -- the right concentration and the right depth. This blocks all acetylcholine-induced triggers like Bob has found out. Treatment would be a snap -- possibly 15 minutes for the whole face without muscular side effects. The iontophoresis pad makers can easily make a dozen different full face pads with eyes and lips cut out to fit all patients. You then use a gel on the pad mixed with Botox at abotu 10-3 Molar. Apply the same charge as the Botox molecule and you push Botox through the skin. Change the nanoamps and you can control delivery down to 10 microns. We have already shown this with forearm skin by staining the Botox with a green dye and measuring how many nanoamperes it takes to deliver Bobox a particular distance.

This can be applied with any drug, medication or veascular healing products -- a couple weeks of daily application of blood vessel healing mediications (the same ones used for diabetic retinopathy where blood vessel burst), and we can reverse decades of damage.

Dr. Crouch is interested in trialling medical devices such as these, so I envision that my trip out will entail laser improvement techniques and also bringing out the iontophoretic face pads.

Geoffrey,

Bob,

The medical grade iontophoresis unti would need physician supervision. I wish it did not, but I dont see how the iontophoresis companies could ever get insurance to cover patient application?

Geoffrey,

Like I say, this is something I much rather have a physician perform. Even though I am an advocate of botox, it also scares the wotsits out of me.

That said, I see big potential for this. Dr P also trialed this drug for blushing, and has seen some great results. He mentioned to me that he treated someone for ear flushing (must be over two years ago), and it completely sort it. He would be another good physician to try, as he is already having some success with this drug.

Im quite sure both would be more than happy to give this the time of day. Think about it:

- the first EFFECTIVE blushing / flushing treatment

- 15 minutes with NO downtime

- painless

- no side effects (atleast not in the short term)

Geoffrey, I believe that this would be HUGE. You could combine (if safe to do so) with IPL sessions for the ultimate rosacea beating package deal. Even I have pound signs in my eyes!

Could you explain exactly what stage the technology is in?

Is it simply a case of getting the equipment, loading it with the drug, and applying? Or are there still hurdles to pass before this can be trialed by the likes of Dr C and Dr P?

Geoffrey,

Like I say, this is something I much rather have a physician perform. Even though I am an advocate of botox, it also scares the wotsits out of me.

That said, I see big potential for this. Dr P also trialed this drug for blushing, and has seen some great results. He mentioned to me that he treated someone for ear flushing (must be over two years ago), and it completely sort it. He would be another good physician to try, as he is already having some success with this drug.

Im quite sure both would be more than happy to give this the time of day. Think about it:

- the first EFFECTIVE blushing / flushing treatment

- 15 minutes with NO downtime

- painless

- no side effects (atleast not in the short term)

Geoffrey, I believe that this would be HUGE. You could combine (if safe to do so) with IPL sessions for the ultimate rosacea beating package deal. Even I have pound signs in my eyes!

Could you explain exactly what stage the technology is in?

Is it simply a case of getting the equipment, loading it with the drug, and applying? Or are there still hurdles to pass before this can be trialed by the likes of Dr C and Dr P?

I have known Dr. P for 8 years and think he is excellent also. Are you in the vicinity to drive to Dr. Crouch or Dr. P this summer Bob? Would love to meet you, treat you and then drink you under the table!

Seriously, nothing else to test or try. Ready to go. Just need to tweak the facial masks so there is good contact on every part of the face. Then its full go time.

I will keep in touch when I plan on flying out there. Would love to meet you and some other UK friends I have become close to over the years.

We could shoot dapsone through your skin too, but lets take this one step at a time.

Geoff,

In the UK everywhere is close (unless you are talking about deepest darkest Scotland).

I visited Dr P in Derby which is about a 45 minute drive. London is more like 2 hours. So you better get your drinking shoes on

Geoff,

In the UK everywhere is close (unless you are talking about deepest darkest Scotland).

I visited Dr P in Derby which is about a 45 minute drive. London is more like 2 hours. So you better get your drinking shoes on

Thats great to hear. See ya this summer!

Hi Geoffrey,

Do you have any contacts here in Australia who would be able to perform this treatment modality?

Thanks as always!