Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Swollen nose every morning

Default i actually have a similar problem that you do. my nose swells in the morning

Quote Originally Posted by TutuisCute View Post
    i don't know if this thread is still active, but i stumbled on it in a google search. i have rosacea, and pretty much my first symptom was a swelling nose. it started three years ago, would start at night time my nose would get stuffy and swollen, i'd go to bed and wake up with a rock hard swollen nose. went to derm and he told me there's nothing they can do. they gave me accutane. i went to three ENTs and they all pretty much think i'm full of it. they don't believe that my nose swells.. they say "noses don't just swell up for no reason". it's so depressing and frustrating. i have to deal with a hot red swollen nose every morning and my nose has grown in size so much, so when the swelling "goes down" it doesn't really go down anymore it just gets bigger and bigger. has anyone found any solutions since so much time has past from the last posting??? i am so depressed, i really need to find a solution.

Unhappy i would like to know more info as well. I am new to this board and suffer with nose

swelling as well. no redness or papules or pustules though, however it looks larger on the left side than the right. besides getting a "nose job" is there any options to medically shrink the tissue down to its normal size? also does anyone know a good rosacea doctor in nyc???

Jaymee, my swelling was mostly from allergies. I take a 180 mg Allegra in the morning and a Zertec at night. Have you tried that? You can also try Nasalcrom and buffered vitamin c with quercetin. That, diet changes as recommended by an allergist and maybe some Oracea should get you back under control within a couple of months. Good luck!

Default yes i am doing all of those things, lol

thank you for your quick response. i take zyrtec every night. just started oracea and retin a and quercetin/bromelain combo and take 500 mg of c every day. diet is pretty healthy (lower/healthier carbs). i also started the nasalcrom. my derm thinks it is rosacea related as opposed to allergy related. will it take 2 months to see any results? i know the oracea could take a couple of months but what about the quercetin? i'm just worried this will get worse

Oh, that's good that you're already doing all that. As long as you're involved in the process of fighting it you'll win in the end, but, it may get worse before it gets better. The body has to re-balance, adapt to new orals and topicals, etc. It took me a while to get it under control, more than two months--that's normal. Do you take an anti-histamine in the morning? I saw a major difference when not taking my 180mg Allegra in the morning. I literally see it in one day. It's worth a try since it's harmless. Have you tried EFA's, ALA, or zinc? Many people have success with those. I noticed the EFA's helping within a couple of weeks. Also, if you're on anti-biotics make sure you take some probiotics, especially acidophilus, rhamnosus, S.boulardi, and B.coagulans. Those help keep C.diff at bay. What about stress relief? Some studies have shown that meditation "turns stress genes off". I'm not a PHD (or even close) so I have no idea what that means, but meditation really did help me. It's gotta be 25 min plus, though. There are many things to try so don't worry

Default thank you. what is efa or ala? i do already take probiotics and zinc.

how much zinc and how many probiotic capsules do you recommend?

50 mg zinc sulfate per day with 2 mg copper. As for probiotics, take about 10-15 billion per day. At least, that's what worked for me. I used to go to a couple of holistic practitioners, though, so I didn't come up with this stuff on my own. If you're interested in the holistic thing then I recommend finding one that's also an MD. They really know the body inside and out. Good luck!

Default what brand probiotics do you take? i can't find those four strains ANYWHERE!

i've tread gnc, drug stores and a really good health store near me and they all only have acidophilis and rhamnosus. what brand do you use so i can order it online thanks

Default Probiotic Blend

Jaymee, I use benebiotics 18-strain blend and I also drink yogurt with probiotics. I hope that helps

Default Hi I just came across this right now

I literally do not now what to do, my friends are calling me crazy but I know my own nose and I've noticed the changes in it. I really need help. Every morning my nose swells up and stays like that for the full day its practically changed shape i look awful i cant stop crying which is probably making things worse. I have had cetrizine allergy tablets, i have had antibiotics, minocycline they are called and i have tried a nasal spray called nasobec and ive tried steaming my nose with hot water. NOTHING WORKS. but then magically i woke up one day a couple of weeks ago and my nose had gone back to normal! no swelling no nothing it was fine! i was like hallelujah i was so happy. this lasted for 2 days then boom my nose was swollen again and has been since. i dont know what i did differently in those 2 days. i just cnt figure it out i am losing my miiiiind. please help me the doctors say they cant even tell anythings wrong. sorry about any errors im frustrated!