Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Swollen nose every morning

Default Swollen nose with two rosacea red patches that won't heal

Quote Originally Posted by Charleah View Post
    I literally do not now what to do, my friends are calling me crazy but I know my own nose and I've noticed the changes in it. I really need help. Every morning my nose swells up and stays like that for the full day its practically changed shape i look awful i cant stop crying which is probably making things worse. I have had cetrizine allergy tablets, i have had antibiotics, minocycline they are called and i have tried a nasal spray called nasobec and ive tried steaming my nose with hot water. NOTHING WORKS. but then magically i woke up one day a couple of weeks ago and my nose had gone back to normal! no swelling no nothing it was fine! i was like hallelujah i was so happy. this lasted for 2 days then boom my nose was swollen again and has been since. i dont know what i did differently in those 2 days. i just cnt figure it out i am losing my miiiiind. please help me the doctors say they cant even tell anythings wrong. sorry about any errors im frustrated!
    I have the same thing. Did Oracea ($80.00 a month WITH my prescription plan!) and gave up after two months. I was popping 2 a day just to keep my nose sizzling sensations down. After 5 years of metrogel,
    Finecea (azelaic acid), sulphur topicals, Clindamycin topical), and 2 light IPL's, it is still swollen each morning.
    RED led lights inflamed it worse. I am looking into too much iron now after a naturalist said to try riboflavin.
    That did nothing. I haven't had dairy products for over a year. I am wondering whether the swelling is
    causing the rosacea lumps. i know that is why they don't heal. I am reading up on too much iron decays
    the blood vessels. I tried grape seed extract and horse chestnut. Both make it worse and caused the
    red bumps to get more red. Stay away from both. I am stopping all supplements at this point. Currently
    experimenting with topical baking soda and water paste applied for 15 minutes. I am looking into
    either too much potassium or too little. I drank some baking soda and water and will start with that as
    well as topically applied to see. Too much potassium (I eat lots of peanuts loaded with potassium which
    could be the problem) can be cured with adding sodium to your diet. Getting rid of iron is more difficult
    and I will be eating less red meat to see. At this point it is not the typical rosacea red nose. It is just
    two red patched and an overall swollen nose tip. One laser doctor said he only treats red noses so he
    would not do a laser treatment. This is something wrong in my body so will look into the too much iron
    further. Please keep updating on this. Would love to find out why some days are worse than others!

Default nose swollen and body, same symtoms

I thought i was going crazy to. I really thought i was just getting fat at first, but after a strict diet and zertec i realize the things that bothered me the most. Bread which caused swelling of the nose neck and back. If you keep eating it the swelling goes out of control and dam near peralize you. I cut milk and sugar and juices and then i took one benerdryl and all my swelling went away. As long as i stayed away from those food I slept better. i got rid of anything that contain milk and started taking my multi-vitamins and 2000 vitamin d every other day. dont forget the zertac. I feel great. But they need to come up with a permanent cure.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyndi View Post
    I have the same thing. Did Oracea ($80.00 a month WITH my prescription plan!) and gave up after two months. I was popping 2 a day just to keep my nose sizzling sensations down. After 5 years of metrogel,
    Finecea (azelaic acid), sulphur topicals, Clindamycin topical), and 2 light IPL's, it is still swollen each morning.
    RED led lights inflamed it worse. I am looking into too much iron now after a naturalist said to try riboflavin.
    That did nothing. I haven't had dairy products for over a year. I am wondering whether the swelling is
    causing the rosacea lumps. i know that is why they don't heal. I am reading up on too much iron decays
    the blood vessels. I tried grape seed extract and horse chestnut. Both make it worse and caused the
    red bumps to get more red. Stay away from both. I am stopping all supplements at this point. Currently
    experimenting with topical baking soda and water paste applied for 15 minutes. I am looking into
    either too much potassium or too little. I drank some baking soda and water and will start with that as
    well as topically applied to see. Too much potassium (I eat lots of peanuts loaded with potassium which
    could be the problem) can be cured with adding sodium to your diet. Getting rid of iron is more difficult
    and I will be eating less red meat to see. At this point it is not the typical rosacea red nose. It is just
    two red patched and an overall swollen nose tip. One laser doctor said he only treats red noses so he
    would not do a laser treatment. This is something wrong in my body so will look into the too much iron
    further. Please keep updating on this. Would love to find out why some days are worse than others!
    Hi
    I have the same thing-a swollen nose tip. I have been experimenting with very high potassium foods like mustard greens. It seems like it might be helping. Another thing I do for a swollen nose is mash up an aspirin and spread it on my nose. That helps a little, too. You also might want to look into Tagamet-an over the counter antacid in addition to your antihistamine. Some people have luck with that-myself included.
    Regards
    Queta
    "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

I literally do not now what to do, my friends are calling me crazy but I know my own nose and I've noticed the changes in it. I really need help. Every morning my nose swells up and stays like that for the full day its practically changed shape i look awful i cant stop crying which is probably making things worse. I have had cetrizine allergy tablets, i have had antibiotics, minocycline they are called and i have tried a nasal spray called nasobec and ive tried steaming my nose with hot water. NOTHING WORKS. but then magically i woke up one day a couple of weeks ago and my nose had gone back to normal! no swelling no nothing it was fine! i was like hallelujah i was so happy. this lasted for 2 days then boom my nose was swollen again and has been since. i dont know what i did differently in those 2 days. i just cnt figure it out i am losing my miiiiind. please help me the doctors say they cant even tell anythings wrong. sorry about any errors im frustrated!
    Hi
    I know you posted a long time ago but thought I'd try responding. I too have a swollen nose. You might want to add Tagamet to your regimen. I have also had luck with quercetin/bromelain combos. Feel free to respond with questions.
    Regards
    Queta
    "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Holy cow this is exactly the same as my situation... I have tried nasal sprays, antibiotics, prednisone, allergy medz.. Nothing works. Then one day, while i was on no medication whatsoever, I woke up with a clear face. No swollen nose, no swollen eyes.. Lasted about a day or two then it came back.. This has happened to me two times in the past 5 months where the swelling went away for a day or two.. Although very aggrivating, it gives me hope because I know that my normal face is still somewhere under the swelling

Quote Originally Posted by michaelsbm View Post
    Holy cow this is exactly the same as my situation... I have tried nasal sprays, antibiotics, prednisone, allergy medz.. Nothing works. Then one day, while i was on no medication whatsoever, I woke up with a clear face. No swollen nose, no swollen eyes.. Lasted about a day or two then it came back.. This has happened to me two times in the past 5 months where the swelling went away for a day or two.. Although very aggrivating, it gives me hope because I know that my normal face is still somewhere under the swelling
    Have you tried a food diary? Certain foods make me swell a few days after injesting them. Sugar is one of my major triggers, as well as tomatoes and gluten.
    Regards
    Queta
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thumbs up Hello

Hello, I have the same condition, the same description, we need to collaborate and share our experiences.
    Any news regarding ur situation ?

Hi I'm new here. I am a 48 year old female whose had rosacea probably since I was in my early 20s. Even though I've had it so long I've never been to a dermatologist. I've just lived with it, well tried to anyway...not very sucessfully. (I became very self-conscious and gradually my self-confidence was severely eroded.) The inflammation is usually on my left cheek and nose, and often more extensive, both cheeks and chin as well.

Anyhow during this last year my nose has started swelling!! I guess the chronic infammation has caused this. It's now always swollen when I awake and is staying that way most of the time. I already had a naturally largish nose and now this! More recently, during this last winter, I also noticed my nose (the end of it) goes bluish when it gets cold. Seems there must be a problem with the circulation. So with this is mind I believe that the swelling in the morning is fluid pooling in the tissues during the night (since we move less and lay horizontal) in combination with the inflammation probably affecting the blood vessel health. I have low blood pressure too. Does anyone else? I also wondered whether anyone else wears glasses. I am badly myopic so have high prescriptions glasses which sit relatively heavily on the bridge of my nose. I wonder if this also impedes circulation to the nose end and slows good blood flow? Another possible factor which may have contribute to my rosacea to begin with was digestive trouble. I see a definite link with times of poor digestion and a severe rosacea flare. (I came across one medical research paper that linked rosacea with pancreatic enzyme deficiency.) Has anyone noticed this digestive link with their flares?

(I don't believe any diseases/conditions can be looked at as a single entity. Consideration must be taken of what is going on in all parts of the body - it all works as a unit.)

Anyway I found this thread after a google search. I'm now desperate to do something? I may try the quercetin/bromelain combination I've seen some mention.

Default Anyone still on here?

Quote Originally Posted by red robin View Post
    Hi I'm new here. I am a 48 year old female whose had rosacea probably since I was in my early 20s. Even though I've had it so long I've never been to a dermatologist. I've just lived with it, well tried to anyway...not very sucessfully. (I became very self-conscious and gradually my self-confidence was severely eroded.) The inflammation is usually on my left cheek and nose, and often more extensive, both cheeks and chin as well.

Anyhow during this last year my nose has started swelling!! I guess the chronic infammation has caused this. It's now always swollen when I awake and is staying that way most of the time. I already had a naturally largish nose and now this! More recently, during this last winter, I also noticed my nose (the end of it) goes bluish when it gets cold. Seems there must be a problem with the circulation. So with this is mind I believe that the swelling in the morning is fluid pooling in the tissues during the night (since we move less and lay horizontal) in combination with the inflammation probably affecting the blood vessel health. I have low blood pressure too. Does anyone else? I also wondered whether anyone else wears glasses. I am badly myopic so have high prescriptions glasses which sit relatively heavily on the bridge of my nose. I wonder if this also impedes circulation to the nose end and slows good blood flow? Another possible factor which may have contribute to my rosacea to begin with was digestive trouble. I see a definite link with times of poor digestion and a severe rosacea flare. (I came across one medical research paper that linked rosacea with pancreatic enzyme deficiency.) Has anyone noticed this digestive link with their flares?

(I don't believe any diseases/conditions can be looked at as a single entity. Consideration must be taken of what is going on in all parts of the body - it all works as a unit.)

Anyway I found this thread after a google search. I'm now desperate to do something? I may try the quercetin/bromelain combination I've seen some mention.

Default Anyone still here?

I would love to hear the latest as I'm dealing with this too...I think. I'm tired of the few people I mentioned this to not understanding. I wanted to know if anyone was here still before writing a lengthy post.