Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Just had the condensed protocol with Dr Darm -- Help

Default Thanks!

Thank you for all the insight. Great article that you linked me to- I will read it in more detail. I agree that I shouldn't get into anything without major investigation. I am so paranoid right now!
    Since this is my face it is very depressing for me. I have cried myself to sleep many a night! I just hope I can find a solution.
    Sabine

Default Woops - forgot something!

You asked me what the derm said. The derm who's tech did the work denied it was her laser and was so rude to me I sat on the exam bed crying. Since then its worse but I wont go back to her. Basically they all want to put me on Hydroquinone for the dark patches. But the dark patches are there because of the matting veins underneath. Since my complexion is light olive I have more melanin and my skin is simply trying to protect itself even though it looks ugly and like I have dirt on my face. I realize that hydroquinone works for some but I think there is more to my problem. I have gone to 5 dermatologists since this has happened! They all want to put me on retin-a and hydroquinone. My skin cant tolerate all that. I went to a plastic surgeon who mentioned Levulan with blue light and IPL.
    Its all so confusing right now!
    Sabine

It sounds like the power was cranked up too high for you and ticked off your skin

The advice to ty to calm down your skin first is good and the Dr who keeps suggesting RetinA does not know what the heck he is talking about.

Find a doc who will prescribe Doxycycline or even better Biaxin. Clairomycin or Z Pack and try the metro for several weeks to see if you can make you skin quit being overreactive.

some have had good luck with Candula gel as well - that is an OTC natrual alternative. Do a test patch.

also check out some of the products at SkinActives - they have rosacea serum that is great for some. But test patch that too. I sounds like you have very angry skin and it is hard to know what will set it off.

Once your skin calms you MAY want to try another laser, but do a test patch first.

Hang in there, metrogel and antibotics might make a big difference.

Wow the laser doctor does not sound very nice. Are the visable veins in your skin from rosacea? I didn't think the Levulan treatment would be very good for rosacea skin.

I have felt very down about my face too. Sometimes it's hard not too be. Aside from trying to treat the rosacea, something that has helped me quite a bit with how i felt about it is camoflarge makeup. It means that when i want to i can put it on and look totally normal. I don't use it much but knowing i can cover my flushing if i want makes me feel like i have a choice about how i look again. It's different to normal makeup in that it can cover anything, serious redness, capillaries, even tatoos.

I first heard about it on the esfb forum where a lot of people use it to cover their blushing. So if your interested there is tonnes of info on:

http://www.esfbchannel.com/forum/

Whatever you do in terms of treatment, my suggestion is to get a test area done first and see how that shakes out.

Steve

Almost a year down the line how is your skin now? Was it worth it?

Sarah

No, I'm much, much worse then I was before those treatments. It's open Pandora's box, and really has devastated many aspects of my life. The vascular headaches have improved, but the cosmetic aspects and flushing have continued to just get worse since the treatments.

Steve

I'm really sorry to hear that. I was hoping that you were going to say that it had all calmed down nicely.

Are you on any medication for the flushing?

Sarah

Oh Steve. I am so sorry to hear this. Is your Derm able to offer any assistance with getting things under control?

Happiness is a choice.