Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just had the condensed protocol with Dr Darm -- Help

Default Just had the condensed protocol with Dr Darm -- Help

I just had 5 genesis/IPL treatments with Dr. Darm's office under their condensed protocol, finishing 9 days ago, and I'm going through a very bad post treatment period. My skin is so sensitve to everything and it is flaring left, right, up and down. I'm flaring to old triggers which haven't bothered me in years and new ones which never bothered me in the past. And I'm also having these weird flares where I'll flare to a trigger and my whole body will start sweating, which may have something to do with having the flu last week. In 10 years of rosacea, I never have been close to being this bad. At this point, I'm very discouraged, disappointed and depressed. Darm says these post treatment flares will eventually go away, but after reading some of the messages on this board, which I just found, I'm starting to panic.

Can someone who has gone through the condensed treatment give me some idea as what I'm going to face in the days and weeks to come. I'm very near the end of my rope, because I went from a very minor case of rosacea to this. Thanks in advance. Steve.

Hi Steve,

I sincerely feel for what you are going through. Please give it a couple of weeks to settle down and if you aren't better or worse, I highly suggest you demand a refund or follow up treatments.

Could someone explain the 'condensed treatment'.

This user has been banned from this forum

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia66
    Could someone explain the 'condensed treatment'.
    I'm sure someone will pop up here and give you the exact details.... but to generalize it. The standard protocol used to be and still is for a lot of people to wait for a length of time between treatments. With Darm, he gives you like 3-5 treatments in one week instead of one treatment every 3 weeks. Something along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus
    With Darm, he gives you like 3-5 treatments in one week instead of one treatment every 3 weeks.
    Something along those lines.
    That seems like a lot for such a short time frame. I have one every three
    weeks, like you mentioned above. One would think that many would further
    irritate rosacea.

This user has been banned from this forum

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia66
    Quote Originally Posted by prometheus
    With Darm, he gives you like 3-5 treatments in one week instead of one treatment every 3 weeks.
    Something along those lines.
    That seems like a lot for such a short time frame. I have one every three
    weeks, like you mentioned above. One would think that many would further
    irritate rosacea.
    That would be my take on it. I've never had any laser treatments... so I never really researched it at all. But i would be scared that's for sure.

Dr. Darms condensed protocol was extremely gentle(for me) considering the five IPL's previous. I had 3 treatments in one week and found it easy to handle.

I'm sorry to hear your having such a bad time. The post treatment flares will die down it takes time. Get in front of a fan. Mist water to keep cool. Wet washcloths to keep in your fridge that way when you flushing bad you have something nice and cool. Are you on meds(clonidine, nadolol biaxin)anything. The best thing to do is stay calm and keep comfortable until it passes. All the best Jen

Jennifer,
    Allow me to say that I think you were very brave posting of your unfortunate IPL/laser experience.
    I do think it would be wrong for anyone to purposely and intently malign anyone on a forum.
    However, I did not get the impression that you were trying to malign anyone. Just relating your experience. If anyone has a problem with this, I think it is on his behalf, not yours.
    As with medications, no one hundred percent of patients will react favorably one hundred percent of the time. Same for surgeries, asthetic procedures, etc. Medicine and the human body are just not that predictable.
    For someone to be offended by your recounting an honest experience...well, that to me, is incomprehensible.
    Just blabbering,
    Perry

Default Re: Just had the condensed protocol with Dr Darm -- Help

Quote Originally Posted by SteveYork
    ....... I'm starting to panic.....
    hang in there , try to focus on other things (i know easier sad than done)
    i'm sure the whole dr.saldo fiasco didn't help
    "na zdrowie" and be cool - literally

Hey Steve, listen I'm getting treatment with the same laser as you are except it's from someone in New York and I get treated ever 2-3 weeks. My skin has been doing fine with that, but I bet i'd be like you if I got teh condensed protocol because I have such sensitive skin. Some people react differently to the condensed protocol, they're skin might not have enough time to heal in between treatments. So it's going to take some time. I just learned that your skin is adjusting and healing up to 3 months after your last laser treatment. I suggest finding something that can calm your skin down in the meantime. I use a product called vanicream, with zinc oxide, on my face as much as I can because the zinc oxide acts as an anti-inflammatory and a protectant against harsh environmental conditions such as heat, cold, wind. Also, talk to a doctor or dermatologist about going on an antibiotic such as clarithromycin to help with the inflammation. Just be patient and see how your skin adjusts over the next couple months. I also use complex 15 moisturizer and emu oil which is also an antiinflammatory and has been helping me. But def get the zinc oxide, it calms down the skin right away. Keep us posted on how you skin heals, hang in there, you will get better. -Chris