Thread: Why full face?

This user has been banned from this forum

Default Why full face?

Hi guys, I dont get why we have to treat the entire face with 20% chance of failure ...meaning that we put at risk the whole face even if we only have a problem on the bridge of the nose..

couldnt we just treat the problematic areas? like, you have a red right cheek so let me zap that and not the whole face and your left leg :?

I think it might have something to do with the fact that the complexion of the skin becomes lighter post laser so you would want to treat the entire face to ensure the skin looks the same colour in every part of the face.

if thats the explanation then its not valid to me, its only my nose, upper cheeks and eyelids that get red/pink...if I took accutane afterwards I couldnt even provoke any redness anywhere else, that would be impossible. Remember I told you about a black head I squeezed 2 months ago (a big mistake Im still paying for)...well, I only squeezed this cause low dose accutane made me so pale that it got so visible. Out of my active flush zone I dont see any reason whatsoever to induce flushes...only in those places where accutane gives up and cannot beat down the sensitivity 100%

Fanta,

Why dont you decide to use a make up and try to find which ones work well for rosacea and then let me know. So that I spend less money and time to find a make up for myself.

Please dont tell me that every one is different.. bla bla bla
    Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up again..

I dont know anything about make up and dont intend to wear any. I think Andy is into all this, so perhaps you should ask him. To me, make up is something women wear, preferably not too much..kind of prefer college student en naturel

Actually, I would strongly suggest that the reason for this is that your whole face is susceptible to rosacea. However, you may only have superficial indications of rosacea on say your nose, this does not mean that your rosacea is only bad in that area. In fact, the toughest and potentially more meaningful areas to get are the deep feeder vessels that create visible issues all over the face. As Dr Nase says, if you have visible signs of rosacea, the underlying issues are probably multiples worse. By treating these areas, you prevent the overt indications of rosacea.

Best

Quote Originally Posted by clsykes00
    Actually, I would strongly suggest that the reason for this is that your whole face is susceptible to rosacea. However, you may only have superficial indications of rosacea on say your nose, this does not mean that your rosacea is only bad in that area. In fact, the toughest and potentially more meaningful areas to get are the deep feeder vessels that create visible issues all over the face. As Dr Nase says, if you have visible signs of rosacea, the underlying issues are probably multiples worse. By treating these areas, you prevent the overt indications of rosacea.

Best
    Yep. On your nose only now...on your cheeks a year later. It's best to go full face and clear out everything you can. Our faces are already hypervascularized.
    35 year-old male
    Erythmatotelangiectatic rosacea & Ocular
    20 + laser treatments.
    Toleraine Soothing Light Facial Fluid for moisturizer. I don't use a special cleanser. Clonidine daily; klonopin sometimes.
    BEST and CURRENT TREATMENT I use: Low-Level Red Light Therapy LED array.
    Please feel free to PM me with your low-level red light therapy (LLRLT) questions. I'm happy to help if I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley
    I think it might have something to do with the fact that the complexion of the skin becomes
    lighter post laser so you would want to treat the entire face to ensure the skin looks the same
    colour in every part of the face.
    I totally agree, Bradley.

Fanta, -- Have you had any IPL/Laser treatments in the past??

My experience - just treated flush zone (nose and cheeks) and this did the trick. I'm pretty sure paying extra to have my forehead done would've been a total waste of money since I've never experienced anything close to a rosacaea symptom up there.
    ---------------------------
    Currently using skinbiology copper peptides