Thread: IPL or VBeam recommendation in Seattle area?

Default IPL or VBeam recommendation in Seattle area?

If anyone has a recommendation (or a warning) anywhere vaguely in the Seattle area, I would appreciate the info.

Thanks,
    Alessandra

This user has been banned from this forum

now its me mentioning VBeam. I dont know if its good for rosaceans, I was talking about people with couperose, being red in the face for other reasons than rosacea, like age, sun, alcohol or medication. Most people with red faces dont have rosacea but they can be treated with lasers as well, actually they respond much better cause their angiogenesis is more regular

Quote Originally Posted by fanta
    now its me mentioning VBeam. I dont know if its good for rosaceans, I was talking about people with couperose, being red in the face for other reasons than rosacea, like age, sun, alcohol or medication. Most people with red faces dont have rosacea but they can be treated with lasers as well, actually they respond much better cause their angiogenesis is more regular

I was diagnosed with rosacea about 6 years ago. Derm gave me metrogel and antibiotics. Stopped taking antibiotics within 6 months (they were making no difference). Used metrogel on and off when condition seemed worse. Since derm said there were no other treatments available, I never returned to see him again.

I used to have a very red face on a regular basis. The typical "mask", with pale skin around the eyes and very red cheeks, nose, and sometimes chin and forehead as well. If there were specific triggers, I never figured them out. I had some cuperose/telangiectasia on my cheeks. I have a few papules now and then, most disappear if I treat them with metrogel for a week or so.

I have tried different skin care regimins, have finally found a perfect one for me, and in the last 6 months, the vast majority of my symptoms have vanished. Now that I know about flushes and triggers, I have been watching, and I don't think I have any of the usual ones. I can eat spicy food, drink hot beverages, go out in the cold and wind (28 degrees here today), be stressed, exercise, and get emotional.... none of these appear to cause a typical "flush". I do still have a moderate flush once in a while (moderate in comparison to many here), but it seems random.

My only symptom that is worse is the cuperose/telangiectasia ... it has progressed significantly to cover a larger area of each cheek. Also, I have developed a few on my nose, and they are larger and darker than the cheek ones. The cuperose/telangiectasia are more noticable since my general background redness has diminished to such a large extent. THIS is now my main concern. The fact that the cuperose/telangiectasia are spreading and getting worse troubles me, and I am investigating my options for dealing with them. Hence my interest in IPL or VBeam.

So, what (if any) treatment do people think would be most helpful in my situation? All suggestions appreciated...

Regards,
    Alessandra

P.S. - What is the difference in cuperose and telangiectasia? How do I know for sure which of the two I have? Does it matter? Are they treated differently?

I can tell you where NOT to go. Do not go to Olympic Dermatology in Olympia, WA. But I do not know anyone in Seattle to recommend.
    - Rachel Rose

Quote Originally Posted by RachelRose
    I can tell you where NOT to go. Do not go to Olympic Dermatology in Olympia, WA. But I do not know anyone in Seattle to recommend.
    Thank you for the warning, Rachel Rose, I appreciate it.

~Alessandra