Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ASPIRIN MASK

Where do you buy sea kelp? - how much $$$ is it? - how many aspirin do you use and how much kelp?? - It sounds like it's really helping you, tell us more..

ohhh what a fantastic idea to mix it with the sea kelp! Crushed aspirin can be messy with water. The sea kelp is jelly-like so will go on nicely. Sea Kelp Bioferment is at www.skinactives.com & I like it on my rosacea, too.

Artist

WOW. I did it for the first time tonight. I only left it on about 5 minutes. It hadn't even dried yet when I rinsed it off. My skin is so SMOOTH now and the skin tone so EVEN (NOT RED) and the pores look as though they've disappeared. And so soft!!! This is WONDERFUL!!!!!! Maybe tomorrow night I'll try it for a little longer. I dissolved 4 aspirins (uncoated-I found them at a Dollar General) in a splash of water. I mixed in a bit of cetaphil cleansing liquid and applied the paste. I am so impressed!!!! Hopefully there won't be any yucky reactions or anything tomorrow, but so far so good!!!! And it was so amazing when I later put on my Noritate. It went on like butter. I mean, the usual roughness was gone and it just smoothed on so wonderfully!!!

WOW!!! The next time I try this I'm going to break off an aloe leaf from my plant and use the gel instead of the Cetaphil. Just for the heck of it.
    <---------- Here is an acceptable pink nose. Mine is not.

Isn't the Skin Actives salicylic acid the active ingredient in asparin but less irritating? Have you tried that one, Artist? I'm eager to order but waiting for the Cutanix active to be listed!

Karla: They are going to sell the cutanix ingredient as an active? I thought Hannah decided against it? I may have missed something, though.

I've considered the willow bark but have not tried it yet. Yes, it is salicin, the same thing as salicylic acid without all the fillers, as far as I can tell.

I did try a small spot of an aspirin mask just for kicks a little while ago. I don't think my skin likes the aspirin. I think I felt a little tingle and warmth. The willow bark might be nice as a mask.

I am going so very slow. I just added SOD to my routine after confirming I do well with sea kelp, hyaluronic acid, EGF, and Licorice. Be sure to let us know how the cutanix active goes - is it quadrinone? or, what was it?

Artist

I'm SOLD! I did it last night and MAN had I known that it would WORK so well - I would have done it before my interview the other day!

REDNESS TERMINATOR! Even for my seriously horrid flareup. Well - the redness isn't gone, but it is SO MUCH BETTER all day today.

I've got to buy some more aspirin - has anyone built a resistance to this treatment?

Oh - I just used water to dissolve the aspirin in.

It did make my skin REALLY itchy right afterwards - but I can put up with that to reduce the redness so much.

Gina how exactly did you do it?? - How many aspirin, you make a paste? - you smear it all over your face and then what? Leave it on all night - rinse it off after it dries??..

I put a small amount of water in a small saucer - about a teaspoon. Then I dissolved three aspirin to make a rather thick paste. The aspirin that I used are coated - and didn't dissolve too well - it was kind of chunky - but I did my best to smash it as small as I could. Then I applied it to my face and let it sit until it was really dry - about 15 minutes - and then I rinsed it off with tepid water. I have extremely sensitive skin - but it did not sting at all when it was on. It was super itchy right after - but not this morning or all day today - and the redness is visibly reduced.

I will add that right now I have a huge P&P problem, along with dry patches so irritated that it cracks and bleeds in places -- but the mask still did not sting or irritate at all, and it seems to remove some of the flaky skin. It did wonders for my pores too.

Gina, isn't it great? I might try mixing it with glycerin next time, in hopes that it will reduce the tightness. I haven't tried with aloe yet.

My skin still feels and looks great two days later.
    <---------- Here is an acceptable pink nose. Mine is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Artist
    Karla: They are going to sell the cutanix ingredient as an active? I thought Hannah decided against it? I may have missed something, though.

Artist
    On the suggest actives thread under Quadrinone she said on 4/21 that they had it in house, it smelled nice and wasn't expensive so I just posted over there asking when. Do you read something after 4/21 stating they wouldn't sell it? There was some confusion in the beginning about what the active as and I pm'd Hannah some info which she then tracked down and posted that 4/21 message.