Thread: glycolic 3% for rosacea

Default glycolic 3% for rosacea

Hi everyone,
    I Wonder what is people's opinion on using a cleanser with 3% glycolic in it, well down the list of ingredients.

I know aha are not recommended for rosacea skin (generally) but i've also read that a 3% concentration would be more like a binding agent as opposed to a strong exfoliator.

Thanks for your thoughts.

I used an AHA product until I encountered Rosacea. After a few days, I noticed that a few minutes after I smoothed it on beneath my Cetaphil moisturizer, my skin would begin to sting. I threw it out and now the burning feeling of my skin has stopped, though I still flush and get red.
    I don't want to live with it. I refuse to.

was it a cleanser, mix with water and rinse off or a lotion, which you are meant to keep on overnight or for a few hours...

Do you think it gave you rosacea?

Thanks for your reply.

Default Neutrogena Healthy Face Lotion

Nope, I don't think it gave me Rosacea because I had used it for four years with good results. It's the Neutrogena Healthy Face Lotion with AHA and vitamins. My Derm. recommended it to me to help all the acne medication she put me on work a little better. It did, but now that I have Rosacea, it just makes me burn/flush so I've stopped using it. This time around, when I went to see her for the Rosacea, she told me to throw it away and use a gentle cleansing routine (which I've always done). Anyway, I used the Neutrogena product every morning under my regular moisturizer, Cetaphil. If you only suffered from acne, i'd give it a shot. Now, however, I just use the Cetaphil Moisturizing lotion. I want to switch that to a moisturizing lotion that helps the rosacea, but I've yet to trust anything else b/c I don't want to break out.
    I don't want to live with it. I refuse to.

emm, I pretty sure I'm going to give the 3% a go and if it irrates my skin well then of course I will stop, it should be fairly obvious after a week or so use if 3% is a bad idea for me.