Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: oily skin moisturizer

Default oily skin moisturizer

Are there any moistuorizers any of you recommend for oily rosacea skin? I use cetaphil but i've been meaning to try something beneficial for rosacea that doesn't clog up my pores.

La Roche Posay Toleriane Fluide must be what you are looking for.
    Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up again..

I can also recommend MD formulation critical care calming gel. I have oily rosacea skin with mild seb derm. I use either one of this: Toleriane fluid or the calming gel, depending on how my face feels on that day. I feel the calming gel as more refreshing, cooling and lighter as the Toleriane fluid. I am also thinking of using the calming gel in summer, and the Toleriane fluid in winter.
    Hope that helps,
    Barbara

Default oily skin moisturizer

check the mineral makeup thread.I put some moisturizers in there in one of my posts.The bluegrass.net website has a very comprehensive list of acid and alkaline foodsthat should help with your diet.Sigh.I should have looked at it before I ate lunch.I ate a small baked dumpling squash.I look like rudolph the rednosed reindeer!That dermo cleanser I mentioned is probably not a good idea now that I think of it.I'm oily and I can't use it;it leaves a film on my face.
    Denah

Default food

tell me about it. i started out good today. had some fruits and veggies in the morning, some plain otmeal with water..

then at night for dinner i had a six inch veggie subway with white american cheese and some black pepper. interesting enough, i only flushed for a few minutes.

i than risked it and some lay potatoe chips, a bit of white macademia cookie..and then some corn chips!

again, i burned a bit but nothing too much. at night, i put noritate on my nose b/c it was acting up..but i'll probably wake up tomorrow swollen from all that salt! ah well, i'll have more strength fighting cravings next time!

I recommend cold pressed, organic, jojoba oil.

You only need a few drops, literally. While your face is damp from washing, put a couple drops of jojoba oil on your damp hands, rub them together, and apply to your face. It will be softer and more moisturized than if you had smeared chemical laden mositurizer cream or lotion all over it, but with no chemicals, and a rock bottom price. (Better and cheaper... a most excellent combination)

I have always had oily skin, so avoided all products with oil in them for years and years. Still had super oily skin. About a year ago, I read about fighting oil with oil (summary.... using GOOD oil to cleanse and mositurize oily skin will make it less oily). It sounded wacky, and I was skeptical, but I had tried everything else, so what the heck? To my astonishment, it worked. The oils I used on my skin did NOT make me break out, and now my face is no longer an oil producing terrain that the Saudi's would covet. I also had no breakouts from the oil useage.

Switching to this natural skincare routine not only balanced my oily skin, it also reduced my rosacea quite significantly.

It is so inexpensive, I think it is certainly worth a try. A 4oz bottle of top quality jojoba oil would last for years at this low useage rate (really) and costs less than $7.00 http://www.handmadesoap.ca/certified...jojobaoil.html

~Alessandra

Quote Originally Posted by brillig
    I recommend cold pressed, organic, jojoba oil.

You only need a few drops, literally. While your face is damp from washing, put a couple drops of jojoba oil on your damp hands, rub them together, and apply to your face. It will be softer and more moisturized than if you had smeared chemical laden mositurizer cream or lotion all over it, but with no chemicals, and a rock bottom price. (Better and cheaper... a most excellent combination)

I have always had oily skin, so avoided all products with oil in them for years and years. Still had super oily skin. About a year ago, I read about fighting oil with oil (summary.... using GOOD oil to cleanse and mositurize oily skin will make it less oily). It sounded wacky, and I was skeptical, but I had tried everything else, so what the heck? To my astonishment, it worked. The oils I used on my skin did NOT make me break out, and now my face is no longer an oil producing terrain that the Saudi's would covet. I also had no breakouts from the oil useage.

Switching to this natural skincare routine not only balanced my oily skin, it also reduced my rosacea quite significantly.

It is so inexpensive, I think it is certainly worth a try. A 4oz bottle of top quality jojoba oil would last for years at this low useage rate (really) and costs less than $7.00 http://www.handmadesoap.ca/certified...jojobaoil.html

~Alessandra
    Hey and thanks. I always wondered about jojoba oil. were you prone to breakouts? I'm prone to breakouts so I'm worried that the oil will cause me to get pimples.
    I don't want to live with it. I refuse to.

Quote Originally Posted by lafittevillage
    Hey and thanks. I always wondered about jojoba oil. were you prone to breakouts? I'm prone to breakouts so I'm worried that the oil will cause me to get pimples.
    I used to be prone to breakouts, but since I started using pure oils for cleansing and moisturizing, my breakouts stopped. I know it seems odd. People with pimples are always told to avoid oil like the plague, because it will make pimples worse. For years I followed this advice. It turns out the exact opposite is true (for me and many others). Using high quality, pure, natural oils (which does NOT include mineral oil) actually makes oily, pimple prone skin more balanced and reduces or eliminates pimples. Strange but true.

~Alessandra

I shall give it a try. Seems like a natural way to treat a problem that might have been exarcebated by unnatural means.

One more question though!

Does your skin feel oily when you put it on? How did you react to it when you first started using jojoba? Do you use any other creams? Can you apply make-up after putting it on?

Oh! And how does your rosacea react to it? Does it calm the flushing?

Should I stop asking questions and do my own research?

just found this -

http://www.vitaminstuff.com/supplements-jojoba.html