Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: glisodin + leucoselect grapeseed = ownage

Default glisodin + leucoselect grapeseed = ownage

My face just hasn't looked this good on a consistent basis in a long time and I attribute it to 2-3 months of taking just these supplements and a multivitamin. The bumps are greatly reduced, the skin has a noticeably better glow to it, and the seborrhea has subsided. I haven't changed my lifestyle in any way since I started taking them and winter, by far the worst season for me, is here so I am absolutely positive the stuff is working.

The resistance to indoor heat is the major change I've noticed. I've got all the rooms set to 75 and no problems here.

I've been getting leucoselect from source naturals and NSI glisodin from vitacost.com (i believe there are two brands of it there). Been taking 1 450 mg grapeseed in morning and 500 mg glisodin twice a day.

I've read in another forum that Superoxide Dismutase is the main ingredient in glisodin and can be bought in generic form for cheap. I'm scared to rock the boat and try this since things are going so well now, but might be worth a try for you guys.

Anyhow, thought this was worth a mention for those looking for a new experiment.

Good to hear! I've also been having great success with supplements the past few months. What works really good for me also is Alpha Lipoic Acid. I'm really amazed how well supplements in combination with Clonidine works.

Andy,

How much ALA, do you consume a day?
    Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up again..

Quote Originally Posted by francois
    Andy,

How much ALA, do you consume a day?
    I take 250 mg twice a day, a brand called Now Foods, 120 capsules for $25 at vitaminlife.com.

Default Re: glisodin + leucoselect grapeseed = ownage

Quote Originally Posted by timmay28
    The bumps are greatly reduced, the skin has a noticeably better glow to it, and the seborrhea has subsided.
    Oh my God your seborrhea has subsided? That's so good, I wish mine would too and I'm also taking 300mg grape seed extract/day and 200mg pycnogenol/day. I'm trying to find a non-wheat sourced superoxide dismutase as S.O.D.

This user has been banned from this forum

OMG! 1450 mg grape seed extract 1000 mg GliSODin thats a high dosage, hope you have some blood tests done to be sure that it doesnt affect your blood sugar or blood pressure too much. Grape seed extract could lower your blood sugar according to some studies. Also, 1 researcher claims that grape seed extract combined with vitamin C is problematic. Im not sure about this or whether it at all is so important to combine vitamin C with grape seed extract. I only know that most good vitamin C supplements contain antioxidants from fruits full of vitamin C to enhance absoprtion (normally its bioflavonoids from citrus fruit, acerola and rose hips).

lol, I'm not taking 1450 mg of grapeseed, i'm taking one 450 mg pill each morning and that's it. But I should have put "one" instead of "1" in front of the 450, my bad.

And actually now that I look at the bottle, I think I'm taking 500 mg, not 1000 of glisodin. It's kinda deceptive because on the front it says 500 mg/60 capsules, but on back it says "serving size, 2 capsules... amount per serving 500.. serving size 30" At any rate I'm taking 2 pills a day.

I didn't know that grapeseed can lower blood pressure that sharply, thanks for the tip.

I don't think GSE reduces blood pressure too much...it does thin the blood, but that's more to do with coagulation. Fanta...please provide some documentation here. GSE is just an antioxidant. I don't know how it would lower blood pressure in such a way that this should be a concern.

You're like a one-man scare factory sometimes. ;)
    35 year-old male
    Erythmatotelangiectatic rosacea & Ocular
    20 + laser treatments.
    Toleraine Soothing Light Facial Fluid for moisturizer. I don't use a special cleanser. Clonidine daily; klonopin sometimes.
    BEST and CURRENT TREATMENT I use: Low-Level Red Light Therapy LED array.
    Please feel free to PM me with your low-level red light therapy (LLRLT) questions. I'm happy to help if I can.

This user has been banned from this forum

lower blood sugar, not lower blood pressure.

Pycnogenol (which is essentially the same as Grape seed extract) is claimed to lower the blood sugar (in type II diabetics). Thats swell, but perhaps not if you took like freaking 1450 mg per day. Now type II diabetics may respond differently than healthy individuals but you never knows

http://www.pycnogenol.com/html/index.html

Default Re: glisodin + leucoselect grapeseed = ownage

Quote Originally Posted by timmay28
    Been taking 1 450 mg grapeseed in morning and 500 mg glisodin twice a day.
    Do you mean one capsule of 450mg grapeseed? or 1450mg??