Thread: finecea

Default finecea

not much harms my skin which is weird since i've read a lot on the boards about how sensitive rosacea skin is. differen feels great when i put it on so I'm sure if i dropped differen and added finecea i could keep acne at bay and maybe have my rosacea benefit.

Finacea gel really burned my face, and I've read several other posts with the same complaint. -- I threw my tube in the garbage after about 10-days. - Does anyone here tolerate it or even like it??

- Charlie

Default Finecea

I went to buy Finecea today and its 114!! -,- I'm sticking with Differen. My derm. was reluctant about prescribing Finecea too. She said I should stick with Differen b/c it's really gentle on my skin. -,-

You should've sent your bottle to meee!

No surprise there...

15% azelaic acid usually stings on rosacea skin. I've tried it and it mostly irritated my skin. Usually the irritation was only moderate and I could fight through it for a while (until I gave up on finacea). However, one period (when my skin was really thin and fragile) I could not use finacea at all. It felt like getting hit hard in the face when applying the gel on my face.

As always, the advice for rosaceans is not to apply irritating topicals on the skin, since it may aggravate the condition. That's why I'm so curious why dermatologists prescribe finacea for rosacea. Shouldn't they know that most rosaceans don't tolerate azelaic acid very good?

/JR

I use Metrogel once or twice a day. If I have a papule, pustule or zit present or even forming or even a red spot I apply a small amount of finacea to the spot over the thin layer of Metro. It get no stinging or burning this way and it zaps zits quickly. Using this method i am p*p free so I dont have to use finacea in many spots. Becuase of this I have never needed to fill a prescription, as one of those free sample tubes i get from my derm lasts me months.

This interests me. I am using Aknemycin, and it seems to help. Or -- maybe a coincidence, as I am on isotretinoin since June 17, 20mg.

Iso, even at that strength has helped mightily with the flushing....
    On 10mg isotretinoin every day for persistent and resistant rosacea plus acne. Hoping and praying that this regime can continue until clear - and maintained.

Default I hated Finacea !!!

Finacea was the first toipcal treatment I was prescribed after being diagnosed with rosacea a couple years ago. Yes, it did clear my face but I could not tolerate the feeling that my face was on fire for 20 miutes after application. I would litterally cry and have to place an icepack on my face. I started using Metrogel 1% yesterday, so I'll see how this one goes. I went without treatment for 1 1/2 years because my old dermatologist said the only good topical treatment was finacea...

This user has been banned from this forum

Finacea is a godsend to me. You can mix it with noritate and it will stop the burning quite a bit. But it knocks out the p&p's overnight. Before finacea.... I was on antibiotics every day and probably would still be. I don't need the antibiotics anymore thanks to the finacea.