Thread: Rosacea Blog, WTF.

Default Rosacea Blog, WTF.

I am so confused. The Rosacea Blog site banned my IP at my home address not long ago, and I've just discovered it's banned my college IP far, far away too.

Does anyone else have troubles viewing this site? Is there a reason I've been banned? You know, these rosacea boards are set up to inform the community and actually help people. Shutting out members doesn't help anyone, especially when you're shutting out people who just want help.

I don't know what I may have done to provoke this twice, and frankly I don't care. I already left two message boards because of these mounting medical politics, and it's disgusting that I've been unjustly forced from another.

To all the keyholders out there who are content to shut out others who are merely seeking help: get over yourself, get off your high horse, stop power tripping, and return to your original mission. You want to help people - then do it. Help shouldn't be confined to the "Overt Nase Haters of America Club."
    All your board are belong to JimJimson

Jim, which site are you referring to?

http://www.rosacea.co.uk/blog/

Interestingly, I can now access the site. Mysterious indeed.

This user has been banned from this forum

wasnt it a bar you banned from?

Jim,

I co-post on that blog with Andrew. I very much doubt he did anything to "block" you from the site. It was probably something on your end? I know sometimes IT departments at workplaces and universities get a little carried away with the site restrictions due to security concerns. (For instance, I can't access it from behind my work firewall - for whatever reason it doesn't pass the security scan. But then again, lots of "blogs" are banned from my work's internet connection.)

Computers huh? It probably is something at your end Jim, for example i keep getting EvilFTP and UglyFTP trojan horse things from browsing certain rosacea related sites. I assume these are some sort of free screensaver??

Well, I apologize since there's probably a mistake somewhere that wasn't your fault. Although the "Access is forbidden" message I've gotten from that blog is frustrating, I suppose two different ISPs both off-campus could have just done something stupid to block me from that site. I can't imagine why, but it's a reasonable assumption.

Jim,

Strange. If you could - could you take a screenshot of the error message for me next time it happens? You can either send it to me or Andrew. Andrew's a nice guy, I'm sure he'd be interested as well. Trust me, there's no concious effort to ban people from reading the blog. The whole purpose of it is to help sufferers, really. :)

Heh. Felix? I hope you're kidding. :P

Yeah sure thing. I really apologize guys, I overreacted.

I believe it said something to the effect of "Access to this server is forbidden from your client" but if it happens again I'll be sure to get it for you.