Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mineral Makeup

Default Mineral Makeup

I just found this on another forum..

http://www.sheermiracle.com/mineral-...s.php?pageid=6

It contains mica and my derm. told me to stay away from that. What do ya'll think?

And especially this one
    http://www.mineralsecrets.com/howtochooseacolor.htm

Default About mineral makeup

I read your posts on the general ?s forum.Mica is a mineral that can make your face very shiny;since you have very oily skin you wouldn't want that!
    I tried bare escentuals mineral makeup.That made me itch after about 4 days of use.So i returned it to Sephora.I use Jane Iredale's pure pressed base mineral makeup.That has xinc oxide and titanium dioxide.I am 45,
    and female.I had raging acne after I got off birth control pills at 31.I hated having to take antibiotics long term in addition to retin a.So I went back on the lowest dose pill until I was 43.I still have shiny oily skin but no breakouts.I was using cetaphil cleanser when I was on retin a .I got rid of that stuff;it clogs some people's pores.Zia fresh cleansing gel is what I use.It has sea algae extract.Some people with rosacea can't use it, but it
    has regulated my oil production.
    Denah

Default Forgot to Mention

There is website called www.makeupalley.com.the skincare board has women with all different types of rosacea who post regularly.Since you have acne and rosacea you may get some really good advice of which prescription meds can help you the most.There are posters there who in
    addition to telling you what works for them they can provide links to some of the most up to date medical research and studies on the web.I know
    this stuff sucks,I have been dealing with rosacea for a couple of years now.In the last year,I have been diagnosed with osteoarthritis,uterine fibroids and a bone tumor.Yikes,talk about stress!Osteoarthritis and rosacea are both chronic degenerative inflammatory diseases.So, I am now a organic vegetarian.I eat fatty fish and omega3 enriched eggs as my protein sources.I cut out dairy and wheat.They are the top 2 foods that are most difficult for the body to digest.I cut out all sodas and
    chocolate.I adore reese peanut butter cups and Mountain Dew!Sigh.I got a nasty cold and I don't care if I eat or not, so I used that time to wean myself off of them.Everyone's triggers for rosacea seem to be different.
    Alcoholic beverages, spicy foods, caffeine are some of the main ones.
    Some people can't eat tomatoes because of the acid so spagetti and pizza arre out.Dairy and wheat make my stomach cramp and bloat and I didn't even know that until I stopped eating them.Most of my flushing stopped when I started this diet.I take turmeric and a black cherry extract for anti inflammatory relief.I eat fresh pineapple,blueberries,and drink blacke cherry juice as well.Try the website above ;read through all of the FAQs and the page of acryonyms as well.They all abbreviate alot in their posts!
    Denah

Default !

Oh my gosh. You don't know how great all that information is. I was thinking of putting myself on a strict diet too. I've eaten anything I wanted up until now because I have a super fast metabolism, but I'm thinking that if I want great pre-rosacea skin, I should start catering to my body from the inside. I'm a huge fruit/veggie person (love LOVE salads) and I really don't care for the taste of meat so that won't be a big issue. Chocolate, however, is my downfall so I'll have to fight off those cravings! I come from a Latin family and I heard white rice is no good so I'm going to have trouble with that as well! The only foods that seem to cause my flushing are hot peppers (black peppers make my skin burn) and orange juice. That's all I know so far. I adore bread...especially wheat bread so..I'm going to miss that as well! And cheese! And..argh. Oh well, if its worth it, there's more to life than just feeding the taste buds and there's alternatives that taste just as good. All I want is to stop the flushing/heat and even out my skin tone (maybe IPL will do that). My skin is oily but I've never minded that.

Anyway! Thank you SO much for providing that link. I'm now going to go explore it! With hope, my hubby won't blind fold me and chain me down to the bed! I've been searching for Rosacea info a lot today and he's looking like this :x

Default To reduce inflammation

Okay,
    You have too much acid in your body.this is coming from:
    1)all animal meats-they produce a certain type of acid in your body
    2) hot spices and hot peppers.anything that is spicy in the least get rid of it
    3)orange juice makes you flare?it is a fruit that it high in acid.So are tomatoes.
    4)Get rid of all foods that are acid forming in the body.You need to balance the acid you have with alkaline forming or alkaline based foods.
    ideally we should be eating a balance of the 2,but you are way out of balance right now.
    5)tomatoes are a member of the nightshade family.this is a group of foods that are can produce prolems for people with rosacea.
    6) You have way too much omega 6 in your body from the all of the meat.
    switch to fatty fish-tuna,salmon,mackeral,sardines, etc.Vary that with other seafood as well if you like.Fatty fish is high in omega3 which will balance out the omega 6 in your body right now.There are other foods high in omega 3 -flax seeds,almonds, etc.Look up omega 3 foods to add to your diet.
    The resaon I cut out wheat and dairy is I have a lot of female family members with serious digestive problems.I don't know if those are triggers for you.
    caffeine is a serious trigger for a lot people.that is in chocolate, all carbonated beverages and coffee and tea.Decaf may be better.
    Salads-don't use any vinegars at all.they are acid based.Sweets seem to be a trigger for me, so I cut those out too.
    You can get cereals that are not whole wheat based;you just have to look for them in places like natural food stores.
    so, spicy foods and acid based foods seem to be your personal triggers
    from what I have read from you.Alcoholic beverages are probably going to be an issue too;due to the fermenting process.
    I know this seems overwhelming right now.but what doesn't kill us will make us stronger.All of my health issues haven't killed me , and I am most definitely stronger!I hope this helps.
    Denah

Default :D

It does help. My mom is on a strict diet now. She never ate meat and at one point, before my step-father moved in, we didn't either. Of course bad habits are easy to pick up and when she cooked meat for him, we also got our portions. Anyway, right now she's on a strict veggie/fruit/bean/fish diet. She also eats lots of nuts. The woman has INCREDIBLE skin! Smooth, wrinkle free...perfect. My mother says my grandmother had problems with her skin but I never saw her flush. I think her skin condition was acne when she was younger. I suffered from that too but now it's completely gone (well, I break out here and there but barely. I've kept it under control with differen but I'm switching to azelex as soon as I can). And you are right. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger. I've been pretty down because of this. It really hit suddenly. One day I didn't flush and the next, forget about it. I was burning up and stinging all over --and its just continued ever since. Noritate seems to be doing something and so do the oral antibiotics but as soon as I can, I want to do IPLs. I think it'll help the texture of my skin tremendously and really, I hate the flushing most because it makes my skin really blotchy and it sorta looks like I have acne all over again. Not to mention the heat that always seems to be puffing out of my pores now..and my pores did enlarge! I'm trying to keep a level head and just beat it, because although my family trivilizes it as a skin problem and nothing serious, it does bother me, physically and emotionally. I don't want perfect skin, I never had perfect skin, but I want to be comfortable with what I have. My husband has been really supportive and is going to help me fund a trip to Dr.Darm if the IPL place where I live doesn't meet up to ..well my standards. I want to be in good hands.

He said these same exact words and they still ring in my ears everytime I feel a flush coming on, "What I love about you can't be taken away." He was always proud that I was "pretty" so when this whole thing started I got scared that he wasn't going to find me attractive and though I know looks don't last, and I know they are not that important (well, if you ignore how differently people treat you when you have a physical "abnormality"), I still want him to like me and be proud of me in that way. At least for a little while. And yeah, I wanna find myself attractive again.

Anyway, aside from all the great tips, Thank you SO much for helping and listening. It really means a lot to me that I can share this with someone out there with the same condition, especially you because you sound persevering and strong. Makes me want to emulate those qualities.

btw, as far as fruits go. what fruits can i eat that aren't acidic? Oranges I out I guess. I eat a lot of bananas and an apple or two (but i dont like apples). Are pears acidic?

And I'm taking ThreeLac..which is supposed to help balance out your body's PH. So far it's made me healthier, less lethargic, more positive. I suffered from light headedness when this whole rosacea began and its completely rid me of that..I also had a yeast infection (antibiotics) and I think it's helping me get over that too. What do you think about the product?

Sorry for the long post!

Default Inflammation (contd)

Your body can handle a certain amount of abuse, and then it hollers uncle and that's it.So right now it seem like everything you do just makes it
    worse.What your mother is eating is a good way to eat long term.Try to
    think of family members on both sides of your family.Go back as far as your memory or your mother's as you can.Everything that affects us healthwise is coming from 3 places:1) genetics-health issues from both side of your family,and your hormones,2)the type of foods we put into our bodies and 3) the environment-products we use on our face,even the qualityof the air we breathe;the level of pollutants in the air and water.
    You want to treat your body like you would a sacred and holy place.This is the only body we have!
    All of the heat you feel coming out of your body may be it's way of trying to rid itself of what is obviously poisoning your body.Yeast infections are
    the body's way of getting toxins out of your system.I had a friend who was chronically ill off and on for 6 years.She would get infections and they would pump her full of antibiotics.she would be okay for awhile and then she would have another infection somewhere else.Once her entire body and all of vital organs, heart, lungs, liver, kidneys all shut down.she almost died.Her pastor and all of her famaily was there waiting for her to die.They pumped her full of antibiotics again and she survived.She got a yeast infection so severe it was comg out of every pore and every opening of her body.white stuff was coming out of her eyes,ears, mouth and every single pore of her body.would you care to guess what it was?
    she had suspected for years that it was her appendix but all of the tests that all of the doctors tried said it wasn't her appendix.She believed it was; she got a surgeon to agree to do an exploratory surgery.It took 6years remember.A normal appendix is about 2 inches or so long.Hers was over 6 inches and HUGE,It was about to explode inside her body.she had a rare condition where the appendix had a tiny hole in it.It would get infected and leak toxic poisons into her body.So, the probiotics are a very good idea anytime you have taken antibiotics.Antibiotics kill off the good bactria in your digestive system.the good bacteria helps your digestive system filter out what you don't need.
    About the acid/ alkaline foods:Search for "acid forming foods" and "alkaline forming foods".There are some good books in natural food stores and info online.Don't buy any products like extracts or supplements from any of them.You don't have any way of knowing what is in them right now.It's best to do this elimination of known triggers first.
    a healthy diet is a good start.
    Our female hormones also play a role in this as well.You may notice that you flare worse or are even more sensitive than usual around ovulation.
    Stress will also make flares and blush worse.It can seem like a vicious cycle,but get your self on a healing diet and that should help.I have an ellipitical machine in my apartment and I have the ceiling fan on when I use it.I had a horrible reaction to a flu shot recently.My cheeks and nose turned as red as a candy apple!My forehead was even red and it never does that!I ws horrified;I had a drs.appt in one hour I had to go.I splashed cold water on my face forever,it didn't help.I had just bought Laura Mercier's oil free foundation, secret camouflage, and loose powder.it covered up all of the red,thank god.On the website makeup alley
    there are tips on how to apply her makeup and the camouflage.It takes some practice and time to get it just right so it looks natural.Yes, it's very expensive, but that day it was worth every penney!There is page called product reviews that I dearly love.Every brand of skincare and makeup
    in every category with tons of opinions and tips on applying .I also drink ice water all day long until i go to bed.In my late 20s I had some sort of hormonal imbalance episode.MY body temp would run about 100.5 to 101
    all of the time.I had hot flashes too.It was just like menopause!It finally got the point where I wsa just hot all of time;that why i drink ice water all
    day long.Hmm,maybe that would help flush out all of this heat you are
    feeling?
    Denah

It all seems so complicated especially when its hard to pinpoint triggers. When I first went to my derm. I felt so bad because he told me its something I would have to live with. His boss, however, my other derm, said it'd get better on noritate and antibiotics. That night I was so stressed out that this was something I would have to deal with and it didn't help when my mother in law said rosacea was just a rash that would eventually go away (she's a nurse). In truth, I don't mind knowing that I'll have rosacea for the rest of my life, but its the physical changes that bother me. The oily bumpy skin and the blotchyness.

I'm really trying to watch what i eat. Today I skipped cereal because of the niacin and instead, and heating up some oatmeal with water. i had my banana and a few baby carrots. Are those all good choices?

yesterday at night, i had almonds and walnuts..which I think made me flush.

i'm thinking of switching moisturizers but i have no idea what to look for with oily/acne prone skin. any advice? right now i use cetaphil.

thank you again for listening ( can't say that enough)

-I

Default Re: Mineral Makeup

Quote Originally Posted by lafittevillage
    I just found this on another forum..

And especially this one
    http://www.mineralsecrets.com/howtochooseacolor.htm
    I've been looking at these products... has anyone tried them? I saw another post about some of the rosacea products, but not too much information. They look pretty good. Are they ok, or just another money pit that does more harm than good?

Default order

i ordered the mineral make up so i'll tell you how it goes once i get it!