Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: au pair request

Default au pair request

Hello Everyone,

I have posted several times about this issue before. I am sure some of you can remember me. I am 22 year old university graduate who lives in Turkey. I have been looking for opportunities to go abroad to have IPL treatments. As a Turkish citizen, it's difficult for me to get visa for countries such as USA, Canada, UK or Australia. I need to find a language school or something like that to get a visa. But that would be so costly and I am unable to finance both my treatments and school. Therefore, I have to find something else.

I heard about poeple who went abroad as an au pair, living in other people's houses, looking after their children and taking care of housework. I wonder if any of you needs such a person and accept me. I also wonder if you can recommend me to your friends. If any of you can help me with that issue, I will be glad to introduce myself in more depth. UK is the closest place to my home country but I will also be happy to go USA, Canada or Australia.

I am hoping to improve my condition by IPL and return back to my country to work and carry on my life.

I hope there are poeple who can help me about this issue.

All take care.

Of course, I can fight with loneliness..
    Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up again..

This user has been banned from this forum

I surely could use a nanny to cook and wash my clothes ...I just prefer young ladies, sorry mate!

I don't remember if you have tried low dose Accutane. That would be a lot simpler and cheaper. You can get it over the internet, though I don't know if your country would stop it at the border. Seems like I saw a movie once about a man caught smuggling drugs and thrown into a Turkish prison--"Midnight Express". Hmm...maybe that's not such a good idea.

I dont know why people have so much prejudgements about Turkey. Turkey is not so much different from EU countries. Anyway, you can get accutane without prescription in Turkey. Actually you can get 95% of all medication without prescription. But even with a very low dose, I am scared to use it and
    it is not a perfect substitute for IPL, is it?

I wanted to socialize again today. I went out to the food section of a large shopping center. I just cant forget how people were staring on my cheeks but
    not saying me at all. This is only one trigger. I dont know how long it will take me to get what I want, but I wont give it up.

Thank you again.

Well, I guess it is because few of us have ever been in Turkey, and that movie really sticks in the mind. It was scary! Have you seen it? If you can get drugs without prescription over there, that is great. IPL is not a panacea for everyone and is quite expensive.

I was scared of low dose Accutane for a long time, but started taking it a month ago, and now my skin is smooth as a baby's. All the little thickened keratoses from sun exposure on my forearms are falling off, too. Dr. Nase says it stops fibrosis in the nose and can reverse early damage in a year or so. The thing that took away my fear was reading this: "Accutane is a naturally occurring derivative of vitamin A and is detectable in the bloodstream of all people." From this website:
    http://www.aocd.org/skin/dermatologi.../accutane.html

If you haven't seen this post from Dr. Nase on low-dose Accutane, take a look. http://www.rosacea-archive.com/rf/topic-434.html
    "Side effects at this dose minimal to non-existent", "blood flow through rosacea cheeks decreased 40%", "inflammation almost completly blocked", "controlled rosacea better & faster than any other...drug", etc. That's what convinced me. Something to consider.

Hello irishgene,

What you have just posted seems to be amazing. Doesnt accutane even at low doses make the skin thinner? Well, if it is really safe, I might give it a try.
    Since I also heard bad things about it, I treat it the way I treat steroids. I really should consider it. I want to make sure it is perfectly safe for me before I use it.

Btw, what is your opinion about Dr. Darm's protocol? which requires a short visit :o

Ooh Turkey is not that primitive to me. The Turkish cities are actually relatively well-organised. Turkey is increasinly becoming a country of young healthy people living in urban areas. There is a huge rural population living in poverty and under traditional family structures, but even here things are changing.
    Well, Turkey is a big country with another religion that worries many Europeans. Also, with more than 6 million Turks in Europe already the borders are not that open to Turks anylonger. I dont think you can change this situation, a membership of Turkey into EU is probably not happening tomorrow. Still, you can apply for a visa if you want to study.

True, True, True..

But having my disorder treated abroad is not a valid reason to get a visa

Quote Originally Posted by irishgenes
    I don't remember if you have tried low dose Accutane. That would be a lot simpler and cheaper. You can get it over the internet, though I don't know if your country would stop it at the border. Seems like I saw a movie once about a man caught smuggling drugs and thrown into a Turkish prison--"Midnight Express". Hmm...maybe that's not such a good idea.
    Now I dont think that American prisons have such a good reputation either. Many prisoners are beaten to death in American prisons. I saw a program about prisons in Florida and Arizona and it was pretty scary. The jail used peppersprays quite liberally in Florida and in Arizona they chained 10 prisoners together and gave them a tent to sleep in..this is not like in Denmark where you have 40 TV channels (including adult channels) in your prison cell and get a salary. Actually, life in jail is not that bad, so now Ive started a fire in my own flat...see what you all drive me at..