Thread: Reducing accutane dose via piercing and re-capping

Default Reducing accutane dose via piercing and re-capping

Sorry again for another post on how to decrease accutane's dose effectively but I don't think we have properly discussed this method and reached an ideal conclusion.

I don't understand why we can't pierce an accutane capsule with a needle, squeeze out half the contents then place the accutane capsule inside another capsule like a gelatine one? I can't see why this wouldn't work?

The only drawback is the fact that during the squeezing process, the isotretinoin is exposed to the air for only a brief amount of time. I doubt it would totally oxidise and turn rancid immediately.

What are your thoughts guys?

Thank-you!

Hey Bradley, not sure if you saw my post a couple of weeks ago, but I found a compounding pharmacy that said it would be willing to compound some low doses of generic accutane. If you can get a prescription for 2.5mg or whatever you want, you could fax them the prescription, then they will mail you the small capsules. Not sure how much it would cost though.
    As far as your method, I dont see why you couldnt pierce it then put some in an empty capsule, as long as its airtight. Thats just a guess though.

hi bradley... why cant you just pierce the pill and squeeze some out and take it at that time? thats what ive been doing.... dr. nase suggested that to me also.

it seems to work fine.

liz

Hey guys thanks for the response!

FUredness, yes the compounding pharmacy method sounds great but I am sure it will be quite costly. It would be great to get some price quotes, have they got back to you on these?

Liz that's what I am thinking of doing: pierce the accutane capsule, squeeze out half the contents and then (just to be extra safe) place the accutane capsule (containing only 50% isotretinoin) inside another capsule e.g. a gelatine one. I just don't want to risk any isotretinoinleekage during swallowing so putting the accutane capsule inside another capsule should counter this.

FUredness, I think once the accutane capsule has been pierced the contents that has been squeezed out has to be discarded and not stored because it will oxidise very quickly.

This user has been banned from this forum

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley
    Hey guys thanks for the response!

FUredness, yes the compounding pharmacy method sounds great but I am sure it will be quite costly. It would be great to get some price quotes, have they got back to you on these?

Liz that's what I am thinking of doing: pierce the accutane capsule, squeeze out half the contents and then (just to be extra safe) place the accutane capsule (containing only 50% isotretinoin) inside another capsule e.g. a gelatine one. I just don't want to risk any isotretinoinleekage during swallowing so putting the accutane capsule inside another capsule should counter this.

FUredness, I think once the accutane capsule has been pierced the contents that has been squeezed out has to be discarded and not stored because it will oxidise very quickly.

Actually, they can get around this and prescribe 40 mg tabs to be compounded once a month. This way you need two to three tabs -- some are getting accutane for $15 a month without insurance this way.

Default Info on your compounding pharmacy?

Hi There - I'm looking for a compounding pharmacy to make a low dose isotretinoin capsules and i found your post, but don't see the pharmacy information. Do you by chance remember or have any info on that compounding pharmacy that was willing to do this for you?
    Thank you in advance!

QUOTE=SoSickOfThis;126476]Hey Bradley, not sure if you saw my post a couple of weeks ago, but I found a compounding pharmacy that said it would be willing to compound some low doses of generic accutane. If you can get a prescription for 2.5mg or whatever you want, you could fax them the prescription, then they will mail you the small capsules. Not sure how much it would cost though.
    As far as your method, I dont see why you couldnt pierce it then put some in an empty capsule, as long as its airtight. Thats just a guess though.[/QUOTE]