Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rosacea Forum

Default Rosacea Forum

"Wow you people have been busy over night..

Please for the benefit of this forum, take this conversation to email, another forum, or over the phone.

Regards,
    RedHotCanuck
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Accutane (10mg/day) - Started July 20th, 05. Also had 3 IPL."

This is BS. This is not harming the cause of rosacea. This is hindering it. If we can't question the people who are supposedly giving life altering advice to rosaceans, then what's the point? If you don't question everything, you're a gullible moron and I have some Amway to sell to you.

The more and more that these types of conversations get stopped mid-stream, the more and more I find this forum a waste of time. Good info in some cases, but when you get to the meat of the person supposedly holding many of our lives in his talented research hands and we can't say that we don't believe what he's saying, you're basically telling every rosacean to listen to Dr. Nase, and if you don't, then good riddance and good luck figuring out on your own how to not commit suicide.
    *Avoiding triggers is like trying to dodge raindrops in a monsoon.*

My Blog - http://rosaceablog.moonfruit.com/

This user has been banned from this forum

Default Re: Rosacea Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Kelli
    "Wow you people have been busy over night..

Please for the benefit of this forum, take this conversation to email, another forum, or over the phone.

Regards,
    RedHotCanuck
    Accutane (10mg/day) - Started July 20th, 05. Also had 3 IPL."

This is BS. This is not harming the cause of rosacea. This is hindering it. If we can't question the people who are supposedly giving life altering advice to rosaceans, then what's the point? If you don't question everything, you're a gullible moron and I have some Amway to sell to you.

The more and more that these types of conversations get stopped mid-stream, the more and more I find this forum a waste of time. Good info in some cases, but when you get to the meat of the person supposedly holding many of our lives in his talented research hands and we can't say that we don't believe what he's saying, you're basically telling every rosacean to listen to Dr. Nase, and if you don't, then good riddance and good luck figuring out on your own how to not commit suicide.

Kelli. Please disregard all helpful information I ever posted to you on accutane on both groups in public and in private. Also, we should indeed have everyone scan in their entire private lives for everyone to view, including their family members. We should also start with real names instead of user names -- that would immediately bring down the house. I have never talked about disagreeing with me as an immortal sin, but you and a few others want to keep on making me out to be this sort of person. That is never and has never been me. What I (and no one else appreciates) is having to take flack when you are having a bad day. Thats not fair and its not constructive -- but I guess thats life.

Excuse me DR. Nase, but I wasn't referring to you in my general bitch - I was referring to the moderating committee. So, if you are one of them, then, yes, I'm directing my irritation towards you. Other than that, you put yourself as a ROSACEA expert, so if you don't want people to discuss your advice, then don't post it.

Everything that has your name in it isn't necessarily about YOU. It may be about your advice, but it's not always about you.

This user has been banned from this forum

Quote Originally Posted by Kelli
    Excuse me DR. Nase, but I wasn't referring to you in my general bitch - I was referring to the moderating committee. So, if you are one of them, then, yes, I'm directing my irritation towards you. Other than that, you put yourself as a ROSACEA expert, so if you don't want people to discuss your advice, then don't post it.

Everything that has your name in it isn't necessarily about YOU. It may be about your advice, but it's not always about you.

I am not a moderator Kelli. All I do is give out information and everyone here is old enough to take this information and follow up with their physicians. What gets me is that you want to book mark a hate site that actually details my son and his life during my divorce! Would you have no problem if the roles were reversed -- you can seriously tell me that you would think it was fair to dive into your son's life?

Did I say I bookmarked a hate site? No... go back and reread. I never would advocate discussing one's family life. That is none ofmy business, nor of anyone else's, and personally think it's horrid that it was dragged into all of this.

What I SAID was that I bookmarked the article about the trial that you have been discussing for the past few months. I don't believe it said anything about your son, ust about your illness and that you wouldn't turn over your medical records. Frankly, can't say I blame you for that, either. I don't want people pouring through my medical history, either, specifically when it's of no concequence to what's going on.

Kelli,

I dont think Red was saying 'dont talk about this', he just means dont talk about it here. Thats enough imo. We need a forum that deals only with rosacea, no politics.

Im quite sure that if it stays inline, then we can discuss these matters on the offtopic section in ESFB. But to be honest, all the info is now available - what questions are there left to ask?

Hi Bob,

I have no problem with discussing rosacea. That's what I'm doing, actually. No not talking about what spot I have on my face, but discussing the person who is supposed to be the leading most authority on rosacea. I don't see why we can't discuss credentials (which have been discussed before, but only if they were in a positive light) of everyone here. I was not saying that the debunking site needs to be there, or that the lawsuit needed to be there. That's all a moot point.

I was saying that I had an article about the lawsuit that I found interesting from a consumer point of view. We are all consumers, are we not? Dr. Nase is offering us advice, and at a cost, if we want to have it in print. Would you not want to question the credentials of a person whom you are buying their book or their advice? When you go to a new Dr., do you not question their experience? Why isn't that the same here? You're actually talking face-to-face with your Dr. All we can go by here is what is said by ONE person. I would think we'd all be more cautious about believing people on a message board, especially when it's regarding medical adivce!

I'm going to give it a bit of thought, but I think I'm done babysitting this forum. I've tried to keep things civil, but it just keeps on coming back.

There will probably be room for a new moderator in a day or so.
    Regards,
    RedHotCanuck
    3 IPL and tried Accutane. Accutane stopped the oil flow but caused other problems. Now just using a mix of Sea Kelp and EGF every night.

Dr. Nase with all due respect you really shouldn't let these armpits of society get to you on the internet and dictate where to post your incredibly helpful insights. There's no need to constantly defend yourself, most of us are smart enough to know when someone is just crying for attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Bear
    Kelli,

I dont think Red was saying 'dont talk about this', he just means dont talk about it here. Thats enough imo. We need a forum that deals only with rosacea, no politics.
    Hi Bob,

I'm not that interested in continuing this so don't worry. However it does seem a little surprising that the court case was allowed to be discussed regularly whilst it was ongoing and yet now there is a result, it is not a legitimate topic for conversation.

Interesting.