Thread: Generic Accutane

Default Generic Accutane

Does anyone know a site that sells a 'good' generic accutane that is manufactured either in the U.S. or Europe e.g. Amnesteen, Claravis or Sotret as I have read that the ones in Asia and South America may have been manufactured under not exactly the most optimum conditions.

I've virtually decided to purchase generic isotretinoin over accutane because it seems they are almost identical as they both carry the same active ingredients. The only slight difference is the 'fillers' or inactive ingredients that dissolves in the stomach but I doubt that is highly important.

However, there is a huge difference in price.

So if you know any sites please let me know. I will post back my findings. Thanks

It seems like Sotret is manufactured by the Indian company Ranbaxy as was one of the fastest growing companies in the U.S. when it launched over there.

Looks like India pharmaceuticals are actually quite reliable. It's just the other ones in Asia that are questionable.

Oh I forgot to ask, I am right in assuming that say a 10mg dose of Sotret is the same as a 10mg of accutane? Dosages between generic and brand name do not differ?

10 mg. Accutane, Roaccutane, Clavaris, Sotret--it's all the same isotretinoin. Are you in the US or EU?

England, so masters marketing won't sell.

The capsules contain more than 10 mg. The 10 mg refers to the amount of active ingredient which is isotretinoin, which will not differ between different brands.

Hi Warren, thanks for the help..

I just want to make sure I have not confused anything. Dr. Nase recommends low dose accutane in the region of 2.5mg/5mg per day or every other day. So is it right to assume that the 2.5mg/5mg is the measurement of the amount of isotretinoin?

Therefore if I take 5mg of accutane or 5mg of sotret (or other generic), these will both contain roughly the same amount of isotretinoin i.e. approx. 5mg?

Thanks very much.