Thread: Accutane - Morning or Evening?

Default Accutane - Morning or Evening?

Hi all,

I've been on accutane (10mg/day) for about 3 months now. Lately i've been taking it in the evening just after supper and I think it reduces the redness a little more during the day. I'll try for a little bit longer and see what happens.

I just think with normal day triggers and then taking accutane in the morning, the changes of flushing later in the day is increased.

When does everyone take it? Morning, Evening?
    Regards,
    RedHotCanuck
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    3 IPL and tried Accutane. Accutane stopped the oil flow but caused other problems. Now just using a mix of Sea Kelp and EGF every night.

This user has been banned from this forum

Defenitely not in the evening, but if you cant stay away from sun light, you might need to take it later on - but its not optimal. Early in the morning and no sun light when isotretinoin peakes in the blood (cause UV light speeds up the convertion of isotretinoin to retinoic acid, the active and irritative substance). I think this is how it works, but others are welcome to comment this.

Default Re: Accutane - Morning or Evening?

Quote Originally Posted by RedHotCanuck
    Hi all,

I've been on accutane (10mg/day) for about 3 months now. Lately i've been taking it in the evening just after supper and I think it reduces the redness a little more during the day. I'll try for a little bit longer and see what happens.

I just think with normal day triggers and then taking accutane in the morning, the changes of flushing later in the day is increased.

When does everyone take it? Morning, Evening?

That's smart Mike. There is no difference in the actions of the medication based on the time you take it; but it does have a stronger anti-inflammaotry effect for 6 to 8 hours as the metabolites do their work. So, this is why you may notice a reduction in evening. You dont need that anti-inflammatory action as much during the morning.

The only reason that the pharmaceutical companies recommend taking medications in the morning is (1) People forget if they dont and (2) If you need it to start working once you wake up.

Keep us posted. Very interesting. Never thought of that.

Mike, in your Avatar, your lips look a little chapped. Are you using anything for them?

Heh heh.

To be honest, my lips have become a little more dry, and I've only had to put chapstick on them maybe twice in 3 months.. other than that, not too bad.

My skin is definately more dry, basically oil-free, which I like.
    Regards,
    RedHotCanuck
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    3 IPL and tried Accutane. Accutane stopped the oil flow but caused other problems. Now just using a mix of Sea Kelp and EGF every night.

I couldnt take it before bed, I did that the first few weeks but flushed too much from it - I took it most if the time early in the day and always got very tired from taking it so I really had to pull myself together this Summer not to fall asleep . I dont recall that it was so important for the anti-inflammatory effect whether you just had taken it or taken it 3 days ago - however, I was extremely submissive this Summer, I had some problems with some ordered creams so I didnt really use any moisturizers at all, meaning I had a pale face most of them time, but a skin getting dried out.
    Well, if I can get hold of 2.5 mg, I would try take 5 mg Monday and Tuesday, 2.5 mg Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday. I think its essential to have a break from it all, letting it all calm down 30% of the week, any rosacea trigger every day is counterproductive in my experience