Thread: My experience with accutane and flushings

This user has been banned from this forum

Default My experience with accutane and flushings

Hi red devils.

I just wanted to tell ya all bout my experiences with accutane and flushings. I mostly flushed superficial flushes while taking 10 mg pills - it was not that serious flushes but a daylong mild flush that got worse and worse. The eyes flushed as well. I flushed superficial flushes when I washed my skin, it was really freaky, my skin sensitivity was extreme.

I never had major prolonged flushes with major redness and swelling and no serious flushes produced by metabolism - it seems like metabolism induced flushes are close to vanished on accutane. Only large amounts of sugar might affect you, but nothing else. You can basically eat whatever you want on low dose accutane, be it icecream, spicy food - no reaction whatsoever.

well, thats all for now guys

This user has been banned from this forum

Hi guys,

I think I need to make it clear that I was very submissive on low dose accutane and I think thats key to succeed on it. You can push flushes if you want to and that causes increased skin sensitivity and flushes from 10 mg pills, so this this is something to avoid. I did go into full remission after 3 weeks but pushed things too hard - I didnt come back to full remission the next 2 months. So low dose accutane helps a lot but it doesnt give you back your life from pre-rosacea and require increased avoidance of sun and skin care irritants , but nothing really seems to work 100%. If I just can sit inside the next 3-5 years without progressing my rosacea its not that bad, then there is some meaning to it all. Sitting inside and progressing is meaningless.

fanta

Fanta, i hear what you are saying! My entire life was defined by outdoor activities and sports. Ive been trying to figure out what I will do with my life and time if i can no longer enjoy the things I always have.

I am hopeful that i will get my rosacea under control though... i gotta hope i can.

-liz