Thread: Excellent Results with Plexion SCT face mask

Default Excellent Results with Plexion SCT face mask

Hi,

I just wanted to let everyone know that I have been having great luck using Plexion SCT face mask. I use it after shaving 10-15 min every other day on my entire face and neck area. Also, since switching to an electric shaver and not having to use shaving cream, the irritation factor post shaving has gone down drastically. I only wash my face once daily in the morning and use Avalon Organic facial cleansing milk. I believe I have a combination of seb. dermatitis and sub-type 2: papulopustular rosacea/perm. redness. My flushing has gone down as well to once or twice weekly!

For my seb. dermatitis on my scalp, I use a little bit of Ovace foam once daily on my scalp. After rubbing it in, I just use my normal styling gel(Paul Mitchell), to spike it. Two or three times a week, I use head and shoulders shampoo. My scalp hasen't been flaky or itchy for the past few weeks now.

On top of everything, I take 10mg of zinc gluconate 3x daily. I use the Solgar brand with magnesium and calcium. I believe each pill is equal to 5mg. I got like 250 pills for like 9 bucks. Pretty cheap in my opinion. I also taking 2000-3000mg of Ester C which is the Solgar brand as well.

In all, I have about 75% clearance on my face. My p/p rosacea is usually mild to moderate. It has been very very mild for about the last month. Keeping my fingers crossed on this routine. Looks like I don't even have rosacea the majority of the time now. The only thing I have to add is a moisturizer since it is almost winter and start eating alot healthier. However, I do try to have olive oil every day. Getting a bit dry/cold here in Buffalo.

Hope my routine helps someone,
    Ray
    23 yo male
    Sub-type 2: Papulopustular rosacea
    4 v-beam and 2 smoothbeam treatments last Summer through Winter of 2004-05

This user has been banned from this forum

if you have permanent redness you should defenitely not use this - only if you have seb derm much more serious than rosacea. Be careful, only a white face is good enough aint it? dont they have a more gentle plexion cleanser to use instead of? - I would always be careful at insulting the blood vessels with a mask. I know its hard with seb derm but I personally only see itraconazole as a solution to it with rosacea - all the topical treatments keep rosacea alive and only make the seb derm rebound again in a couple of month. Antibiotics are very counterproductive for those having seb derm.
    So, I guess you would respond very well to accutane and it would bring your rosacea into remission. You tolerate topicals very well and you have p and ps, permanent redness (probably with seb derm involvement) - then low dose accutane might be the best and most effective treatment. You might risk that your skin will become less and less responsive to lasers with your underlying problems evolving from using harsh topicals - so I would consider a treatment attacking the problem from inside

So, how am I "insulting" the blood vessels in my face? Do you have any medical references backing that one up? I understand that some will not react favorably to this treatment, but I am. I have been doing these treatment(s) since late July every other day, with no problems at all. Internally, I am taking zinc gluconate and ester C. And about Accutane... I am pretty sure that is what induced my rosacea in my teen years b/c I was prescribed a high dose at age 14 for 6 months. Perhaps I will try a low low dose after successful laser treatment to remove some of the perm. redness which HAS NOT been insulted by these topical treatments. I am pretty sure I would have had a reaction by now and my flushing would have increased instead of decreasing. Most of the medications you have suggested are much harsher than any topical out there.

Regards,
    Ray
    23 yo male

I dont have permanent redness, I always force the blood vessels back with submissive behavior and by eating tons of antioxidants and vitamin C in pills and fruits

Quote Originally Posted by snwbdrloco84
    So, how am I "insulting" the blood vessels in my face? Do you have any medical references backing that one up. I understand that some will not react favorably to this treatment, but I am. I have used this mask since late July every other day, with no problems at all. Internally, I am taking zinc gluconate and ester C. And about Accutane... I am pretty sure that is what induced my rosacea in my teen years b/c I was prescribed a high dose at age 14 for 6 months. Perhaps I will try a low low dose after successful laser treatment to remove some of the perm. redness which HAS NOT been insulted by these topical treatments. I am pretty sure I would have had a reaction by now and my flushing would have increased. Most of the medications you have suggested are much harsher than any topical out there.

Regards,
    Ray

Ray,

May I ask. What were your two smothbeams for, what were the results and how did your rosacea respond to them. Thanks.

For those that can use the Plexion SCT, it is a phenomenol clearing product for seb derm, acne, papules, pustules and DEEP pore cleansing. I am glad you can use it, but please continue to be a little bit cautious as it is somewhat harsh with the clays and the emulsifiers. As always, listen to your face. Much better spokesman for you then everyone's input.

Hi Dr. Nase,

My smoothbeam treatments were primarily for acne and enlarged pores. Honestly, I do not think they did any harm and would have been more beneficial if I had the money to do all 6 of them at 6 week intervals. Maybe I should only use the Plexion SCT once or twice a week instead of every other day. I am just worried that I will breakout really bad by using it less frequently.

Thanks for the input,
    Ray
    23 yo male

accutane is really something that someone with your respond should consider - your blood vessels are dilated but not sensitive, you have acne - what more would it take to be a perfect match for that drug?