Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: roquefort cheese

Default roquefort cheese

would just like to share my treatment, which is working for me....

i have had rosacea for about 10 years now (i'm 42) and have been treated with antibiotics for 7 years. i take antibiotics when i need to, and then cut down to one 250mg tablet a day, or stop altogether until the next flare up.

over the last 2 years i have lived in france during the school hols and have noticed that i never need to take antibiotics when i'm there. it occurred to me in july that the only significant difference in my lifestyle there is cheese eating - roquefort in particular! i decided to stop taking antibiotics completely and make a point of eating a small amount of roquefort on a daily basis.

i have not taken any antibiotics since mid-july. i am feeling very confident that i have found a method of control for my symptoms although it is still only a trial of 3 months and my symptoms were reasonably well in control before starting this experiment (my main problem being a patch either side of my nose about 3cm in diameter). i am able to wear foundation now to tone down the pink scarring as my skin is now smooth and unbroken.

hope this may be of help to some of you,
    jane

Jane,
    It couldnt be something simple like you were more relaxed on your holiday and so your skin improved?? Just wondering.
    Trish

i don't think so. there was no relationship between holidays and work periods before. also, i have been back at work for 6 weeks now and still no flare up. i think it must be the 'penicillium roqueforti' added to the cheese that keeps the flare-ups away.

anyway, i shall keep on with my trial. i shall let you know either way how i get on. but after three months i felt reasonably confident to share!

jane

This user has been banned from this forum

jane please read this

http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasc.../mole00350.htm

http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasc.../mole00433.htm

antibiotics which end on mycin are produced by molds, so your cheese might have a very potent antibiotic and anti-inflammatory effect. So food containing molds may be´very effective against rosacea just like fruits with antioxidants. It does really matter what you eat

Some people flush to foods with high histamine, like yogurt and cheese.

also, toxins are produced by molds, so this might be another concern (perhaps, not sure???)

to be honest, i have found this forum to be a rather odd place, so i won't be coming back.

i registered to offer something that i have found to help. i'm not trying to poison you all. all i can say is that i am pretty sure i have found the answer FOR ME.

jane

antibiotics and mycotoxins produced by molds, whats so odd about that?
    there are small amounts of toxins produced in other foods as well so what the big deal?

jane, why do you post about your roquefort cheese helping rosacea if you dont want to listen to others theories? try ask your doctor about the cheese and Im sure he will give you an injection and a ticket to a place with sealed windows - we just try to help you, but perhaps your own doctor has the answers FOR YOU

Quote Originally Posted by jane_l
    to be honest, i have found this forum to be a rather odd place, so i won't be coming back.

i registered to offer something that i have found to help. i'm not trying to poison you all. all i can say is that i am pretty sure i have found the answer FOR ME. jane
    We didn't mean to suggest that you were trying to poison us. If roquefort cheese works for you, by all means continue eating it. But this is a FORUM---"a public facility to meet for open discussion".