Thread: Rhinophyma - what to do about it?

This user has been banned from this forum

Default Rhinophyma - what to do about it?

Hi guys,

I just wondered what to do about rhinophyma. I have cosmetic intolerance, seb derm and I think beginning rhinophyma. Well, 1000s have this, but I want to do something about it all before its too progressed. Ive been on accutane and didnt like what it did to my epidermis, but I liked its ability to shrink the nose day long and night long, shrink the nose to a size smaller than prior to rosacea. Now Im on clarithromycin for the next month, so guess things wont progress that fast this month. But this will only be a short effect. if things go well, I might consider taking itraconazole for 3-4 weeks again afterwards cause that helped a lot on swelling - i have no idea why this was good against swelling, but it helped. oral metronidazole is not accepted by my derm so not an issue.
    would lasers stop ad reverse fibroblast activity or should is it only low dose accutane that helps?
    also, is it at all possible to treat puffy and swollen spots on the skin, would so delicate skin like traumas. I would say that my skin is more delicate, swollen and with large pores, than knock-knock thick and hard.

How long were you on the accutane, what dosage and why didn't you like it???

This user has been banned from this forum

I took accutane for 14 weeks, 10 mg every other day, 410 mg accumulated

it made my epidermis too dry and sensitive? I would definitely need 2.5 mg but Im really not sure its wise taking this with a very thin epidermis. Im not sure a standard treatment is possible for my case, I need something dealing with the skin sensitivity, low grade fibrosis and eyelids.

Quote Originally Posted by fanta
    I took accutane for 14 weeks, 10 mg every other day, 410 mg accumulated

it made my epidermis too dry and sensitive? I would definitely need 2.5 mg but Im really not sure its wise taking this with a very thin epidermis. Im not sure a standard treatment is possible for my case, I need something dealing with the skin sensitivity, low grade fibrosis and eyelids.
    Fanta, was your epidermis thinned after taking accutane or was it already thinned before going on that course of 10mg every other day?

Furthermore, if I can only get my hands on 10mg of accutane do you think once/twice a week will thin the skin and cause it to be even more sensitive? Thanks