Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Laser Genesis Reviews

Default Laser Genesis Reviews

Anyone had treatment with Laser Genesis? What is your verdict?

Thanks

Craig

One Laser Genesis tx with Dr. Darm did more for me than six Lumines One IPLs. I have had four Laser Genesis tx now and I am making lots of progress, feeling much better. The flushing is greatly reduced in terms of both frequency and severity. I look normal (although I still need makeup to cover up)--the redness is receding. I was spinning my wheels with IPL, even though it was Lumines One. I know that many people have had great success with the L1. It did make the red spots pretty much go away but just was not doing much for other symptoms. The Genesis Laser has been really healing.
    - Rachel Rose

Hi,

Ive had 4 genesis treatment now. It has reduced flushing a lot, and the burning sensation I had, is gone. However, the redness and broken veins are still very much present. So I would say its 50% improvement....great for reducing flushing.

I am already looking at IPLs to get rid of those broken veins.

I have had two Gemini <---- slightly different machine i assume, YAG 1064 txs with Dr Crouch and so far i couldn't say how much it has helped. although i think it has! I will see what the blood map says the next time i go. I think giving a subjective opinion on yr own condition is flawed as we adapt very quickly to any improvement.

Hi again Scrumptious,
    Any idea when Dr. Crouch is back from hols?
    Regards
    Trish

Rachel rose,

Didn't you post a while ago about seeing a dermatologist, Dr. Bruce Russell? How did you end up going to Dr. Darm instead?
    Do you have permanent redness, and is it improving from the Genesis?

thx

Quote Originally Posted by scrumptious
    I have had two Gemini <---- slightly different machine i assume, YAG 1064 txs with Dr Crouch and so far i couldn't say how much it has helped. although i think it has! I will see what the blood map says the next time i go. I think giving a subjective opinion on yr own condition is flawed as we adapt very quickly to any improvement.

Scrumptious--I'm being treated with the Gemini right now, too. I'm going to ask my doc to turn down the energy a bit, get a very good flush on, and ask him to make a high-percentage overlapping treatment to patch together the "spots" the laser leaves.

I'll post about how it goes...maybe something to ask your doc about?

David
    35 year-old male
    Erythmatotelangiectatic rosacea & Ocular
    20 + laser treatments.
    Toleraine Soothing Light Facial Fluid for moisturizer. I don't use a special cleanser. Clonidine daily; klonopin sometimes.
    BEST and CURRENT TREATMENT I use: Low-Level Red Light Therapy LED array.
    Please feel free to PM me with your low-level red light therapy (LLRLT) questions. I'm happy to help if I can.

Scrumptious,

What is a blood map? Some sort of Infrared image of your face? Does the Genisis machine provide this?

Thanks, and best of luck.

trisht, ive just answered yr PM

IowaDavid; the last session Dr C put the energy up to 50j and did two passes and that felt plenty!! Next time he's talking about doing three passes at that level but i'm really worried it will be too much for my skin, so i'm going to ask about maybe doing the first pulse at 40/45j and then the second two at 50j, my tx has never left any 'spots' although i only have a problem with flushing, not perm redness.

tod, if you look back within page 1 or 2 of this subforum you will see a thread entitled 'my 2nd treatment with Dr Crouch', in there i have explained what a blood map is x

Jean, I don't get how the Genesis is not fixing your broken viens problem. The Genesis Yag is top of the line for that and much for effective than IPL. I had 6 IPL and they never touched the sides of the visible viens, only burned me trying. The Genesis cleared them in 2. It's probably not permanent of course and will need maintenance, but check with your doc that he/she is tx them with the Yag setting. Genesis in paint mode won't do the job -- that's for background redness etc, but in Yag mode it should.

As to the rest I've had 4 Genesis tx. The background redness has reduced but I still get paps, damn it. Still I'll wait till I've had the 6 tx before assessing. Generally though I'd say it's doing more for me than the 6 photoderm tx I had.