Thread: Pycnogenol/GSE increase velleus hair growth>>

Default Pycnogenol/GSE increase velleus hair growth>>

I was wondering if anyone taking Pycnogenol/GSE combo have noticed an increase in growth of the vellus(peach fuzz) on their face? I noticed on the web that these antioxidants cn promote hair growth..just wondering.

thx.

I think I have.. It's not bothering me though :)

No weird hair growth for me. I've been taking 200 mg a day and have had great results. Reduced p&ps, reduced flushing and intensity of flushes and more even skin tone. Love this stuff! I just increased my dosage to 300mg/day. I want to see if I get an even better result with more mgs.

LOL..thanks for your reply on both boards!! I appreciate it. I'm excited to start the pycnogenol/gse combo. Though, was wondering how much did you start off with?

I took 2 pills in the morning and 2 at night (usually around 5:30pm before I went to the gym). My tablets were 50mgs each, for a total of 200mgs/day. I finished off one bottle with that dosage. I started on my second bottle about a week ago and I decided to up it to 3 in the AM and 3 at night (300mgs/day) to see if my face improves further. I'll keep you posted on my progress at 300mgs. I don't know how severe your rosacea is - mine isn't too bad. I don't have any skin sensitivity and not a lot of constant reddness. Just a lot of red blotchyness on my cheeks and papules there and on my forehead. My forehead is about 99% papule free and my cheeks are at about 70% papule free. I'm quite happy with the results. I still flush but not as intense as before and it seems that I flush less. Maybe thats in my head...! Good luck with it, I hope it works as well for you as it has for me.

Thanks for your response. Has the pyc/gse helped with the blotchiness? My rosacea isn't bad at all, I just want to do evrything I can to prevent/stall progression. Though I have had 6 IPL treatments, I still get flushy. Have you tried any other treatments. Also, did you notice any side effects? Thanks so much!!

I use metrolotion too...I know some people aren't big fans but it helped the itchy bumps I was getting and then when I added the tablet it got even better. I haven't used any other type of treatment. Yes, the pills have helped with the blotchyness. It is still there but not as bad as before. The only side effect I noticed was an acidic-like taste in my mouth the first week I started on the pills. It has either gone away or I've just become used to it. I think I may have seen another post about this...from dr. nase maybe? But other than that there haven't been any issues. Overall I give the combo tablet a 10 out of 10!