Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Aveeno Calming - Anti-redness line with FeverFew

This user has been banned from this forum

Default New Aveeno Calming - Anti-redness line with FeverFew

Anyone have a chance to try this cleanser and moisturizer out.

Claims are pretty outlandish, but Aveeno has some good products. The calming facial cleanser has quite a few ingredients -- drugstore.com.

Always looking. Eucerin antiredness seems to be a mixed bag, Lancome rosacea lotion is a mixed bag, Joey from New York rosacea skin care line is less than superb for most.

Cleansers and moisturizers are a tough combo.

Sorry polster, did not see your thread.

Default Aveeno Ultra-Calm Cleansing Foam disappointing

Was not happy with this cleanser. I am very sensitive and although it did not burn or sting, I felt as though it was too drying which can cause even more trouble! Did remove makeup well, but as far as the claims of reducing redness I'm not sure it really helped. I have been having better luck these days with good skin™ all calm line.

Default Re: Aveeno Ultra-Calm Cleansing Foam disappointing

Quote Originally Posted by G
    Was not happy with this cleanser. I am very sensitive and although it did not burn or sting, I felt as though it was too drying which can cause even more trouble! Did remove makeup well, but as far as the claims of reducing redness I'm not sure it really helped. I have been having better luck these days with good skin™ all calm line.

Hi G,

The never ending saga to finding a good topical. What happens with the good skin calm line and what ingredients do they claim helps? Thanks.

hey thanks for pointing out I already posted this link. Although I havent tried this product yet. I'm a male and have very little experience with mosterizer. The one Ive been using for over a month now called ATOPALM MLE Cream seems to be working pretty good. No irratation what so ever and it seems to help the redness when used overnight.

I bought ATOPALM MLE Cream it on skinstore.com because of the claims of this cream being ideal for sensitive skin types, including irritable or flaky skin and redness. This stuff supposedly has clinical study behind it showing it reduces dry skin, itching, erythema, and scales.

Here is a link to the clinical study:
    http://www.atopalm.co.uk/summaries/summary1.html

I've been using the moisturizer and the cleanser for about 2 weeks now, I think. I haven't had the major break out like i did with the Eucerin anti-redness stuff.

The cleanser - I use it just in the evenings to get my make up off. I don't get my face wet, jut use it straight from the pump. It comes out in the foam, which I really like! I did figure out that if i don't wash it off fast enough, it can start to sting. But if I just put it on, then rinse with luke warm water, it feels just fine.

At night I'll use Neutrogena moisturizer. Going to pick up the night time cream from Aveeno and see how that one is.

The SPF moisturizer from Aveeno is not one I'd use at night. It's a thick cream, which I'm not really happy about, but it's working. On days where I feel dryer than normal, I put a second dose of it on. But I only use that in the mornings, and only wash my face with water before hand.
    *Avoiding triggers is like trying to dodge raindrops in a monsoon.*

My Blog - http://rosaceablog.moonfruit.com/

Default good skin details

The good skin calm line feels gentler than anything else I have tried so far, the ingredients are non-burning/non-stinging and all seem to work together well. I have noticed an improvement in moisturization for sure, as well as a more comfortable sensation in general. I am still struggling with occasional break-outs, for which I use Finacea cream twice daily, but these products do not seem to aggravate or cause flare-ups. In fact, I believe that due to their gentle and calming ingredients, my skin is supported enough to do some self-healing. As a bonus, they feel luxurious and are not greasy or heavy, and are cost-effective.

Cleanser key ingredients are listed as:
    sea whip extract and oat extract - anti-irritants
    botanical extracts (safflower oil and olive oil) - emollients/barrier repair complex
    sunflower, barley and cucumber extracts - barrier repair complex

Toner key ingredients listed as:
    chamomile, aloe and cucumber extracts - skin soothers
    quince extract - anti-irritant
    green tea extract - anti-oxidant/anti-irritant

Moisture lotion key ingredients:
    sea whip extract, caffeine, and sucrose - anti-irritants
    sunflower, barley and cucumber extracts - barrier repair complex

Sunscreen SPF 25 key ingredients:
    zinc oxide and titanium dioxide - sunscreens
    bisabolol - anti-irritant
    vitamin B and vitamin E - anti-oxidant

As a side note, upon scrutinizing formula ingredients on each of these products I did not find common irritants.

Can you post a link to this product, please?
    *Avoiding triggers is like trying to dodge raindrops in a monsoon.*

My Blog - http://rosaceablog.moonfruit.com/

Roc has a anti-redness line Calmance with fever few as well - the cream reminds of their Enydrial cream

Default good skin products

Quote Originally Posted by Kelli
    Can you post a link to this product, please?

You can find them at any Kohl's department store or their web site www.kohls.com

You can find out more information on the good skin line at www.goodskindermcare.com