Thread: AVEENO Ultra-Calming Moisturizing Cream

Default AVEENO Ultra-Calming Moisturizing Cream

There is a new Aveeno Cream called "AVEENO Ultra-Calming Moisturizing Cream" which claims that its clinically proven to visibly reduce redness and soothe irritation, so your skin looks and feels back to its healthy best. It has something called "feverfew" which is the main ingredient thats suppsed to calm red skin.

CLAIM:
    Clinically proven to visibly reduce redness and calm sensitive skin.

Ultra-Calming Moisturizing Cream
    Oil-Free
    Hypoallergenic
    Noncomedogenic
    Dermatologist Tested
    AveenoŽ Ultra-Calming Moisturizing Cream goes beyond moisturization to help actively manage sensitive skin. It's clinically proven to visibly reduce redness and soothe irritation, so your skin looks and feels back to its healthy best. You'll notice improvements in your sensitive skin in as little as one week. This lightly fragranced hydrating cream is hypoallergenic and dermatologist-tested, so it's gentle enough for even hypersensitive skin.
    Anyone try this one yet?

They sell it @ CVS or drugstore.com:
    http://www.drugstore.com/products/pr...=BUY-GFI-0-MWS

If you do try it make sure not to buy the one with SPF15 since it has Avobenzone, a chemical sunscrean which is an irritant to Rosacea skin.

Default ultra calming cream

I tried it one night and I didn't like the way it felt. I felt I got a little red and that my skin didn't get as moisturized as usual. Also I get a little uptight about putting new things on my skin so that might have affected things. Annie

I feel like this is the same type of thing as the Eucerin products that claim to reduce redness. I didn't think the eucerin worked so I think I will save my money instead of trying this stuff too. Maybe it will work for someone else though...

Default cream

I heard that it did help someone on one of the sites.

Quote Originally Posted by nikkitn
    I feel like this is the same type of thing as the Eucerin products that claim to reduce redness. I didn't think the eucerin worked so I think I will save my money instead of trying this stuff too. Maybe it will work for someone else though...
    The Eucerin one main ingredient for redness is called Licochalcone, a soothing extract of licorice root. The Aveeno Cream called "AVEENO Ultra-Calming Moisturizing Cream" has something called feverfew.

i know this is an old thread

anyone got any success with it? i started using aveeno's cleanser and lotion with feverfew few days ago, hoping to see results

I use the Aveeno Calming Lotion. i apply it at night after i have applied Elidel. I love it it calms my skin a bit it just feels good on my skin. I have been using it for several months. At the moment when i apply it it soothes and im a little less red. It doesnt break me out and it moisturizes well. I dont really think it has lessen my redness permanently but it does help to soothe and moisturize.

Alba
    using elidel at night, taking atelenol, had 2 vbeam laser treatments, 46 year old female

I've not tried the cream but I used Aveeno ultra calming lotion for a few weeks. It made my skin turn red instantly but the redness would go away in a few minutes. I stopped using it because it wasn't hydrating my skin well enough (I had to reapply a few times during the day) and didn't help at all with my diffuse pinkness.
    I've treated seb derm successfully with raw honey and virgin coconut oil and have been symptom-free since June '09. Follow this ---> link <--- for details.

Has someone tried taking the feverfew orally. because being so prone to inflammation myself I think I would like to try it orally.
    31 year old male from Puerto Rico
    Skin type: oily

Clinique Mild Liquid Soap
    Clinique Instant Mineral Relief Powder
    Clinique Almost Powder Makeup SPF 15
    Metrogel 1%
    DERMAdoctor Acne Control Serum
    DERMAdoctor Born to be Mild for seb derm
    SOLODYN 65mg:
    Supplements
    Digestive Enzymes Veggie caps
    Probiotic 60 Billion