Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Recommended dosage?

Default Recommended dosage?

I would like to try Ester-C and Grape Seed Extract. But the dosage recommended by Dr. Nase in his book is way above the recommended dosage on the box for both Ester-C and Grape Seed Extract.

Dr. Nases Book; Ester-C 3,000 to 5,000 mg per day
    Ester-C package; 1-4 capsules (1 = 200mg) per day

Dr. Nases Book; Grape Seed Extract 100 Ė 200mg, 2 to 3 times a day.
    Grape Seed Extract package; 1-4 capsules (1=50mg) per day.

Naturally Iím considering trying Borage and Flaxseed oil too. But I donít know if thatís the same problem there to

Whatís your take on that

Hello Lars. An explanation for the higher dosages is that it's harder to reverse the damage done to the blood vessels from years of flushing than to maintain the blood vessels healthy. It's easier to stay healty than to get healthy when you're sick.

Hope this helps,

Adrian

Lars,

This is an excellent question. I have also been troubled by it. Since we are all of different heights and weights, wouldn't it make sense that the dosages would vary from person to person? Just because Mr. Nase takes a supplement at a certain dosage doesn't mean it is an appropriate dosage for everyone.

These supplements are not without other effects on our bodies. While they both have powerful anti-oxidant properties, both pycnogenol and grape seed extract can act as anti-hypertensives. Do a Google search and you will find lots of information. I stopped taking them when my normal blood pressure dropped significantly. This gave me concern about the people who are taking anti-hypertensives for flushing. Should they also also taking these supplements?

IMHO, we must perform due diligence about anything we put into our bodies. Rosacea is enough to worry about!

I'm taking the dosages recommended on the box (i.e., 216 mg of Ester C and 50 mg of Grape Seed Extract) and feel that I've gotten positive results taking only this amount. I'm a fairly petite person though, and my rosacea is not severe.

I take 1000mg of esterc and 100mg of grapeseed + a multi vit for my age (old) this for me seems to be very good

Thanks for the response

What about flaxseed and Borage oil, how much do you take, if you take it at all

Quote Originally Posted by Lars
    Thanks for the response

What about flaxseed and Borage oil, how much do you take, if you take it at all
    Lars, I take two tablespoons Barlean's Omega Twin oil every morning. It tastes horrible, but every tablespoon gives you Omega-6 GLA 510 mg, Omega-3 alpha linolenic 5200 mg, Omega-6 linoleic 2350 mg, Omega-9 oleic 2070 mg and Flaxseed Particulate 2215 mg.

I don't take flaxseed oil, but I do have ground up flaxseed on my breakfast. In capsule form I'm taking 1200 mg of fish oil and 500 mg of evening primrose oil each day. I've read that the omega-3 fats in flaxseed oil are not converted to EPA and DHA in the body as readily as fish oil (http://www.mercola.com/2004/jul/21/flax_seed_oil.htm#), so I take fish oil instead.

[quote="Blondie"]Lars,
    This is an excellent question. I have also been troubled by it. Since we are all of different heights and weights, wouldn't it make sense that the dosages would vary from person to person? Just because Mr. Nase takes a supplement at a certain dosage doesn't mean it is an appropriate dosage for everyone.
    quote]

Hello. It's true, dosages should vary with weight. Maybe that's why we have limits( 3000- 5000) and not just one fixed value. From what I read from dr.Nase's book these aren't mr.Nase's dosages, these are the dosages that were found to be effective for rosacea, in different clinical trials by doctors. Just trying to be accurate.
    You're very right here: " we must perform due diligence about anything we put into our bodies".

Best wishes,

Adrian

So what are some of the side effects of the recommended supplements?? Im not sure that has ever really been discussed on the rosacea groups..but seems to be important imformation.