Thread: Public release of rosaea friendly Dapsone?

Default Public release of rosaea friendly Dapsone?

I'm curious if anyone knows when the rosacea friendly version of dapsone will be available for us and can it treat cystic acne effectively and as effectively as the acne version? Thanks. -Chris

The company doesn't say anything on their website about releasing a rosacea friendly version of dapsone. I noticed that the ingredients in the base are: carbomer 980; diethylene glycol monoethyl ether, methylparaben, sodium hydroxide, and purified water. 14% of patients showed reddening of the face with just the base. Makes you wonder why they didn't develop a milder base even for the acne patients.
    Another thing I noticed is that the Aczone 5% gel didn't seem all that much more effective than the base! 38% reduction in lesions with the drug, and 32% reduction in lesions with the "vehicle". Strange that they'd have a 32% reduction in lesions with just the vehicle. They noted that females had greater success. It makes me think that the females were pre-menstrual when their lesions were first counted, and then after using the drug or the base, they might have been in the part of their cycle where the skin is clear when their lesions were next counted. That would be a reason for the vehicle seeming to decrease lesions when it really had nothing to do with it. If they used a group of women who live together, like in a college dorm, it is well known that periods tend to synchronize among women living together.

Well, I did find this graph which shows their progress in marketing Aczone for rosacea. Looks like they are in the very beginning, preclinical phase of the pipeline. http://www.qltinc.com/Qltinc/main/ma...rnetPageID=240