Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: accutane crackdown

Default accutane crackdown

Just received my order of accutane from Canada today! I am so excited to finally be able to have some hope of resuming my active life! Yippeee!!!! You can damn well be sure I wont be getting pregnant. I just hope this new crackdown doesnt make it impossible for me to get it. -liz

I think everybody ought to stock up while it is available, because the crackdown starts in December. You'll probably have to go to dark alleys in bad neighborhoods to get it after that!

Liz,

So glad you got your accutane. For those who can use it, I think it's the best treatment for rosacea aside from IPL only much cheaper. Good luck. Keep us posted.
    Best,
    Callien

Default accutane

Smudge glad to hear u got ur Accutane was it without presription and if so how much did it cost and at what website.

All the best with ur Accutane

GERRY
    gerryc

Doctors have recently begun getting their letters about IPLEDGE. No more pregnancy tests in the doctors' office; you'll have to go to a certified lab. You'll only be able to get 30 days worth at a time. Once you get to the pharmacy, they'll call Roche to see if you are enrolled in IPLEDGE before dispensing. Of course, there will still be stupid women who manage to get pregnant on the drug, so I wonder how long it will stay on the market and whether we will ever see the tiny doses like 0.5 mg. I really think this is going to do away with online purchases without a prescription after December, so act now.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____
    "iPLEDGE will require mandatory registration of prescribers, patients, wholesalers, and pharmacies. The programís requirements ó including laboratory-certified monthly pregnancy tests for female patients to confirm pregnancy status before they receive medication each month--- will be tracked through the computerized iPLEDGE system. For each isotretinoin prescription each month, iPLEDGE will grant authorization to the pharmacy to dispense the product only if all the criteria for the prescriber, patient, and pharmacy have been met. Part of the system is an interactive component to help ensure that patients understand the requirement of using two forms of effective contraception simultaneously for one month before, during and for one month after isotretinoin treatment. Patient privacy will be protected by identification codes.

Once the program is fully implemented in December 2005, Accutane, Amnesteem, Claravis and Sotret can only be prescribed by prescribers who are registered and activated with the iPLEDGE program. Isotretinoin can only be dispensed by a pharmacy registered and activated with iPLEDGE, and can only be dispensed to patients who are registered and meet all the requirements of iPLEDGE."
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____
    Just wondering about the requirement to use two forms of contraception.....if you use abstinence as a birth control method, what is your second method going to be? I sure hope they will waive the pregnancy tests for post-menopausal women!

According to the paperwork that I received, they don't consider abstinence a form of birth control. Makes no sense to me - it's the ultimate birth control!
    *Avoiding triggers is like trying to dodge raindrops in a monsoon.*

My Blog - http://rosaceablog.moonfruit.com/

I guess the government & drug companies think that no woman is capable of controlling herself. What would a nun list as her two birth control methods?

Most drug companies and politicians are run by men - they think women are stupid and run by their emotions. Little do they know...
    *Avoiding triggers is like trying to dodge raindrops in a monsoon.*

My Blog - http://rosaceablog.moonfruit.com/

Quote Originally Posted by irishgenes
    "Patient privacy will be protected by identification codes."
    The doctor knows your name. The pharmacist knows your name. The drug company knows your name. The government can find out your name if they want to. (Thats what HIPAA was all about. Buried into the legislation protecting you from your spouse knowing if you got a filling from the dentist is a law that the government--even foreign governments-- can snoop into your medical records.) So exactly how is patient privacy being protected by this ID code?

Were can you still obtain it in the web without prescription?
    After December will the only places left start to charge a lot more ?
    iS THERE AN ALTERNATIVE IN THE PIPELINE ?
    Shaun