Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cutanix products

Default cutanix products

Hello out there!,
    Has anyone heard of the product Cutanix. They have a cream call dramatic relief,, Here is all info about it.. I know it's long,but bare with it..I want to know if anyone has used it for rosacea and if the ingredients are ok to use..

Dramatic Relief for Sensitive Skin- Intermediate Emolliency

Formulated with the mildest of ingredients, this medium level moisturizing formulation is best for problem skin that is sensitive or rosacea-prone skin.
    Ingredients that are potentially troublesome for super-sensitive skin have been removed and replaced, but it works the same as our original formula. The Sensitive Skin formulation is based on the same proprietary ingredient, Quadrinone, and provides the same intensified treatment to help reduce redness, scaling and itching commonly seen in skin problems like rosacea, seborrheic dermatitis and eczema.

Price: $45.00 for 1.7 fl. oz. (Typically lasts 6-8 weeks)

Individuals with very sensitive skin may react to common ingredients found in many cosmetic products. Cutanix recognizes that individuals may have sensitivities to these ingredients (ex. mineral oil and isocetyl alcohol) and in response we have developed Dramatic Relief for Sensitive Facial Skin. This version of our popular anti-redness moisturizing lotion ensures delivery of the active ingredient Quadrinone™ into the skin, which has been clinically proven to reduce the symptoms associated with skin diseases such as rosacea, eczema, and seborrheic dermatitis.

Directions for use:

After cleansing, apply gently all over face and any affected areas of the body. Use twice a day, or as recommended by your dermatologist. Sensitive skin may experience a momentary stinging sensation while Dramatic Relief begins to soothe and repair. For best results, allow to absorb completely before applying makeup. Results will be apparent within two weeks for problem inflammation and skin will continue to improve with ongoing use. If exacerbation of symptoms is noted, please discontinue use.

Product Ingredients:Ingredients: Purified Water, Glycerin, Ethoxydiglycol, Glyceryl Stearate (and) PEG 100 Stearate, Squalane (vegetal), Isocetyl Stearate, Isostearyl Palmitate, Simmondsia Chinesis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Lipovol MOS-130, Niacinamide, Glycereth-7, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Polyacrylamide (and) C13-14 Isoparaffin (and) Laureth-7, Quadrinone, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Phenoxyethanol (and) Methylparaben (and) Ethylparaben (and) Butylparaben (and) Propylparaben (and) Isobutylparaben, Polysorbate-20

Sounds good to me!
    sandra

Show me some proof of clinical studies.

Default Cutanix DRL

Cutanix DRL is awesome for seborrheic dermatatis, I'm not so sure about rosacea though. But it's well worth a try, it has helped a lot of people in the past.

Please see here- 4-ethoxybenzaldehyde=quadrinone, which is the molecule in Cutanix products. More clinical studies are underway also. Brian

Dermatol Surg. 2005 Jul;31(7 Pt 2):881-5; discussion 885. Related Articles, Links

Efficacy of 1% 4-ethoxybenzaldehyde in reducing facial erythema.

Draelos ZD, Fuller BB.

Department of Dermatology, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston-Salem, NC, USA. zdraelos@northstate.net

BACKGROUND: Facial erythema is a common postsurgical and dermatologic problem. It is commonly the result of dermal inflammation arising from either a facial surgical procedure, such as laser resurfacing, dermabrasion, or a face peel, or from an underlying dermatologic condition, such as rosacea. Facial erythema is difficult for the dermatologist to treat in both settings because topical corticosteroids cannot be used long term on the thin facial skin and anti-inflammatory oral or topical antibiotics have associated side effects. OBJECTIVE: The goal of this pilot study was to evaluate the anti-inflammatory effect of 1% 4-ethoxybenzaldehyde in a rosacea model of facial erythema. METHODS: Thirty subjects with mild to moderate stable rosacea were enrolled in this 4-week, double-blind, vehicle-controlled study. Photographs, investigator assessment, and subject assessment were the efficacy criteria. RESULTS: There was a statistically significant reduction in facial erythema (p<.01) in those subjects who used the active for 4 weeks, as well as a statistically significant improvement in uneven skin tone (p<.01) and the overall severity of the disease (p<.01). There was no statistically significant difference in any of these three indices in the vehicle-treated group. CONCLUSION: The results suggest that benzaldehyde-derived anti-inflammatory agents may be useful in reducing facial erythema in a rosacea model.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutisdoc
    Please see here- 4-ethoxybenzaldehyde=quadrinone, which is the molecule in Cutanix products.
    Efficacy of 1% 4-ethoxybenzaldehyde in reducing facial erythema.
    CONCLUSION: The results suggest that benzaldehyde-derived anti-inflammatory agents may be useful in reducing facial erythema in a rosacea model.
    If Cutanix is good for other skin disorders,, why can't it help rosacea.. geez look at the quotes above,, or read the whole thing.. I am definitly going to order this and try it.. It may be the right cream for me and for others. Isn't that what it's all about,, trail and error,, Thank you to the person who sent that last post.. You made my decision a little easier about ordering it.. good luck to all..

In the interest of full disclosure, I was Director of Research for Cutanix when it was a stand alone biotech company. The Cutanix assets are now owned by BioForm Medical, Inc. and I serve as Medical Science Liaison for them. There is a return policy for the product if it fails to treat your chronic redness.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Cutisdoc
    In the interest of full disclosure, I was Director of Research for Cutanix when it was a stand alone biotech company. The Cutanix assets are now owned by BioForm Medical, Inc. and I serve as Medical Science Liaison for them. There is a return policy for the product if it fails to treat your chronic redness.
    Brian
    are you still doing research in this field?

thanks for sharing this info.

what are your thoughts about rosacea and what topicals can do now and in future for us?

So has anyone had any success with this product both in terms of rosacea and seb derm? Moreover, are there any side-effects to this anti-inflammatory molecule, 4-ethoxybenzaldehyde=quadrinone, used in Cutanix? Thanks

I know that many many people have had great success with Cutanix but like everything to do with any type of rosacea treatment, not all benefit.

I really disliked Cutanix. It made my skin burn instantly on application, every single time I used it. The burning sensation persisted for about an hour after application. In my case, it did more harm than good. Sorry for my bad review but it is always good to get a balanced appraisal and just know that we are all different with regards to our reactions and that this is not reflective of how another may react.

Thanks for the feedback on Cutanix Mermaid. I'm sorry it didn't work out; I wonder what caused the actual burning when you applied the stuff. The Dramatic Relief for Sensitive Skin product contains the following:

Ingredients: Purified Water, Glycerin, Ethoxydiglycol, Glyceryl Stearate (and) PEG 100 Stearate, Squalane (vegetal), Isocetyl Stearate, Isostearyl Palmitate, Simmondsia Chinesis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Lipovol MOS-130, Niacinamide, Glycereth-7, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Polyacrylamide (and) C13-14 Isoparaffin (and) Laureth-7, Quadrinone, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Phenoxyethanol (and) Methylparaben (and) Ethylparaben (and) Butylparaben (and) Propylparaben (and) Isobutylparaben, Polysorbate-20

Maybe it was all those parabens ? :?

Thanks again.