Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is aloe vera enough?

Default Is aloe vera enough?

hi anyone with knowledge,
    after trying a good many moisturises, including almost all the popular ones recomended by others on this forum, the only one i seem to tolerate well is aloe vera. Im using a "100% gel" from Fruit of the Earth and it seems to do well for my skin. I was wondering if i should keep the endless search for a dedicated moisturiser going or should i just stick with aloe? Everything ive read on aloe vera (gel) seems to be in contradiction, one thing will say how good it is and another will say that nothing is proven and it may even be harmful in some situations. I do not react to it and it seems to keep my skin moisturised, sometimes after a second application, so if this is the goal then i think im ok. Is aloe vera enough?
    thanks for your time.

Jimmmy d.

If it isn't broke don't fix it.

I've brought my regimen down to water and FOTE 100% Aloe Vera - I feel it is working well.

I should stick with it I use it it many forms, ie tooth jell, wasing liquid ( for clothes) and many others it's so good.

Pure Aloe Vera gel is one of the few things that by itself will help skin. It has been shown to be helpful for seborrheic dermatitis, and I would not be surprised that it is helpful for rosacea.

I dont think there are too many topicals on the market that will work as well as aloe vera gel. I think that maybe the CCC from dermadoctor works better, but at a cost. It is a lot more expensive than aloe vera gel.

Do you notice your skin getting more red right after appliction? And do ytou notice that the aloe vera can leave a dry top layer on your skin, like the aloe just dries up? That was the most annoying things for me when I used aloe vera gel.

Yes I have noticed that it kind a dries up and feels a bit tight but if I use it before bed it's ok in the morning.

hey thanks for the replies! its been a while since i first posted that...

ive taken to using aloe gel as my moisturiser as it seems to be the only one i can tolerate and after using it daily for around 6 months so far i can honestly say that my skin is almost never dry. the only time it may be dry is after a shower but i find i can even apply aloe straight after a shower (a big no no with everything else ive tried) and it sooths and calms the skin.
    (Sorry Buster, no increased redness, quite the opposite.). i reemeber it used to dry up and seem tight on my skin but that has since stopped as i continued with it everyday.

So it seems that, in my case anyway, its a good moisturiser.

ps - i also tried it as hair gel (the tube was promoting its "other uses"), worst hair gel ever. same goes for its apparent "shaving gel" use too!

thanks for the replies.

I can't use Aloe Vera. It makes my face turn tomato red I am
    assuming that I'm allergic to it.

Hi
    I cant use aloe vera gel at all. Bought the 99.9% stuff from the health food shop and it brought me out in a rash and redness. I can use the real thing on burns though and it works a treat....just not on my face.
    Trish

My thanks go out to Jimmy - I bought a bottle of the "Fruit of the earth" 100% Aloe-vera for $3.50 from "Target" - I've been using it for 5 days now, in the morning after I shower, and at night after I shave. What a difference in only 5 days!! - I tried other creams and lotions, but they either irritated my face or made it too greasy. The aloe-vera is great and it's reduced my dry flaky skin condition by 98% - The bottle is 24oz. and should last for many months. Give it a try!