Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glisodin Supplement For Sunburn Protection?

Default Glisodin Supplement For Sunburn Protection?

Hi folks. Here's an interesting study about a supplement called Glisodin guarding against sunburn. Has anyone heard of this? The results are rather promising. Here's the link............

http://www.npicenter.com/anm/templat...2074&zoneid=23

Tricia

Tricia,

I had heard of this product previously.

If it was proven safe and had no contraindications
    for Rosacea, then I suppose it would be worth
    trying, but I'd never been able to determine what
    the ingredients are.

If it truly protected the skin from sunburn,
    it would be a godsend for those who cannot
    tolerate topical sunscreen. However, I remain
    skeptical. There used to be (perhaps still is)
    a supplement from Murad claiming similar benefits.
    In fact, I used to take it, but stopped because it
    was so expensive. I also never assumed it provided
    full protection and wore sunscreen anyway.

Beth

Hello. Glisodin is also a very powerful antioxidant( like pycongenol, vit. C and so on). The manufacturers say that it increases superoxide dysmutase(SOD), catalase (CAT) and glutathione peroxidase production which is part of our body's antioxidant defense mechanism.
    It looks very interesting and this is next on my "to do" list( or "to try" list ).Now I'm testing alpha-lipoic acid.
    You should check www.glisodin.com and www.plthomas.com And, if you want more info...google "superoxide dysmutase". There are a lot of interesting things to be read about it.
    A member of the yahoo support group said he is going to use it, you should look there also. dfries2003 is his username.
    I'll post to the group once I've tested it.

Best wishes,

Adrian.

I'm bringing this August thread up to the top because right now the topic of Glisodin is on the end of the long OPC-Grape Seed Extract thread. This August thread has Glisodin in the title and also brings up the interesting topic of sun flushing. I hadn't realized how good this supplement is for sun flushing. I am placing an order on the NOW website today since it is on sale: http://store.yahoo.com/nowcatalog/3048.html
    Is there any rosacean who DOESN'T flush from the sun? I sure do! The dose used (500 mg.) is a lot considering that the capsules come in 100 mg. strength. Well, I won't have any trouble qualifying for "free shipping with $100 order".

I got some GliSODin from vitacost.com for $16 for 60 250mg pills. Thats less than the sale price that you're paying for. At 500mg a day, these would last a month, yours only 18days, so you may want to check that out.

<http://www.vitacost.com/NSIGliSODinSODTheAntioxidantCatalyst/searchby-PN/searchtext-glisodin>

Also, Dr. Nase or anybody, would it make sense to take this and the grapeseed/pycnogenol combo, or would that be overkill?

Thanks a lot! I'm glad I delayed placing my order until I had seen your post. That's a much better price, and it will mean fewer capsules to swallow. I am taking the pycnogenol-grapeseed extract, too. As far as I'm concerned, there's no such thing as overkill when it comes to fighting rosacea.
    I'm really excited about finding Vita Cost. The prices on all my supplements are so much lower. I am going to save a bunch!

This user has been banned from this forum

Quote Originally Posted by FUredness
    Also, Dr. Nase or anybody, would it make sense to take this and the grapeseed/pycnogenol combo, or would that be overkill?

Hi Fu,

If money is not a restraint with these expensive nutraceuticals, I would combine them all because they all have different actions.

1. Pyc and grape seed -- OPC derivatives incorporate themselves into blood vessel wall to strengthen them. They also fight free radicals

2. SOD -- 3 isoform enzymes that are the best vascular protectors we know of yet. They also aid in the repair process.

If your wallet is bulging at the seems I would put alpha lipoic acid up there too.

Now let me stress that these are all found in topicals. I have yet to see any real evidence that they get through the skin and are bioactive. Stick to the orals until the topicals are proven. If your wallet is still bulging you can send Perry some money as he is a student. He is also a great antioxidant to anything corrosive.

Will Glisodin helt facial redness?

G24