Thread: Swindon Experiences please

Default Swindon Experiences please

Can those who have attended Burgley clinic please give an indication as to the whole experience.

What requirments were on you before you began your treatment??? Had to to discontinue your medication for a specific period before you began and how was your face immdeiately after the treatment??? Had you to find accommodation in Swindon or was your face in good order that you were feeling confident enough to step outside to the public and say onto a bus/train/plane(ie was it bruised after the treatment)??? And what was the period between each appointment. Were you generally overall happy with the outcome???

Not trying to be nosy here, just wondering with regards my own situation and my desire to go to Burgley clinic what exactly the facts are. Having to commute between Ireland and Swindon if I do go just wondering will I need to find accommodation in England or will I be fit to fly a day prior and a day after my treatment. I know every person will have a different experience in regards their own situation, just trying o build an overall and expected picture for myself

Cheers thanks very much for your co-operation

Hi,

I've been treated with IPL but not by Dr Crouch, i just had a consultation with him.

In regards to any kind of IPL, you're gonna be red and swollen afterwards (in my experience), obviously this will differ from person to person but most people will want to keep their heads down. It's not really a good look.

Worst you'll probably look is sunburned as Dr Crouch will only treat you if he's certain that you will react okay to the treatment without a load of blisters and scabs. If you're light then you should be ok but i'm olive-ish so i'd defo get a test patch first but that'll be a mission for you.

You'd be ok to go home the same day if you don't mind being stared at.

Default Re: Swindon Experiences please

Quote Originally Posted by zahn2000
    Can those who have attended Burgley clinic please give an indication as to the whole experience....

1)..and how was your face immdeiately after the treatment???
    2)Had you to find accommodation in Swindon or was your face in good order that you were feeling confident enough to step outside to the public and say onto a bus/train/plane(ie was it bruised after the treatment)??? 3)And what was the period between each appointment...
    1)Quite red and flushed.
    2)It wasn't really in good order, but I got a taxi/train/bus/plane/bus/bus home regardless, and it wasn't TOO bad, although at the airport I was very flushed and got some stares..
    3)I haven't gone back yet, but it's about 6 weeks as far as I know.

I think you should be good to fly in and out on the same day as your treatment, if you don't mind the occasional stare from people amazed at your red face (they're all strangers so it didn't bother me too much).

I had treatments with Dr Darm and left for home immediately after my last treament. Given this was in a car so I had air conditioning but there are a few things you can do depending that will make the trip home easier.

I have a portable fan (operates on batteries or plug in) - easy to carry and great for keeping your face cool as you head home (I've also used this in restaurants to keep cool).

Another, is if you can get them, get a couple of "instant" cold paks (you break them and they go cold - some last better than others) - have a soft cloth with you and you can wrap them and use them for "icing" (although it's more cool than cold) to help calm things down (feels very good too).

In my case, as I was going in a car, I had some reusable cold paks that I put in one of those soft sided lunch bags that are supposed to be kept cold with a couple of bags of ice - kept the paks cool so I could use them if needed.

I've also found that if you have a moisturizer your skin tolerates well, make sure you bring it along and use it as needed.

I also try to look at it in that if you have to travel, nobody knows you anyway so who cares what you look like (sometimes I more successful with this train of thought than others).

Good luck!
    Diane
    Vancouver Island, BC

Default Swindon Experiences please

Hello
    Can anyone give an opinion of the actual medical results of the Swindon experience on their rosacea so far. The cost of the treatment would also be extremely helpful.

With best regards to you all,

Margaret (UK)

Default Dr CROUCH

Hello Margaret

I had txt with Dr Crouch about 5-6 weeks ago. The Dr Crouch seems a nice chap very pleasant and helpful. Since it was my first treatment he did a double pass procedure using the 590 and 515 filters.

The treatment itself lasted about 20 mins and was less painful than the older IPL machines this is due too the cooling chip i believe. Dr Crouch seemed quite knowledgable and tested the reaction to my skin at the start of rhe second pass to make sure my skin could handle it, very reassuring.

Was red and a little swollen for a few days afterwards but this soon cleared up. My skin has seen some improvement since the txt definately less red. Dr Crouch suggested a triple pass the next time, sounds really good as i believe Dr Soldo is using this protocol with great success.

Was due to attend again last week but due to shortage of money not possible. However if money was not a concern would definately have a number of txt with Dr Crouch as i was quite impressed with his manner and willingness to explain any queries i had last time. Plus the Lumenis One with triple pass sounds the business.

P.S. nearly forgot the txt cost my 300 full face if u can afford it i think it is reasonably priced considering my last IPL cost me 160 single pass with filter 560 with a Dr who did not believe Rosacea was vascular in nature.

Best of luck Gerry
    gerryc

Default Swindon Experience

Gerry
    Many thanks for your post. It has been very helpful, because after 12 teatments over a period of about 18 months, I feel I am now getting the same old routine, and think it's time to get the top UK expert involved.
    I will most certainly keep you and the group informed of my results.
    With best regards
    Margaret (UK)